Hello

First of all I'm new, so umm HI. I got here cause I was looking for ways to bypass region lockout for the megadrive, and some guy named Tony apparantly made an awesome list containing game genie codes for pretty much every genesis or megadrive game out there. Yeah, my question has very little to do with that specifically though.

Like I said I've been looking for ways to bypass region lockout for my european PAL megadrive. Yes there are several adapters, and there is the whole modding thing. Then I came accross this chap on youtube.

Now I don't know if I'm supposed to take this guy seriously but it so happens I have the exact same model as him. I only started collecting megadrive games recently and I don't have a specific ntsc game yet to test it out. So my question to you guys, and I apologize if this has been asked many times before, is this particular model truly region free then? I know most ntsc games will work anyway, but I also know that later in the megadrive's life, post 1993, games like Beyond Oasis and Gunstar Heroes started having region lockout. As I'm interested in some of these games, and the fact I prefer fullspeed fullscreen NTSC, will this particular model be able to run them without any addons or modifications? Thank you in advance for the info.