Thread: WTB: NES Prototype Game

Insert Coin (Level 0) Nightowljrm's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WTB: NES Prototype Game

Introduction:
    So... my birthday's coming up this weekend, and there's something I've wanted for a while now - an NES prototype. I know I'm going to be receiving various allotments of money for my birthday that I will pool together for this little present to myself. While I do not have all the money I will be gifted yet, considering the obscurity of NES prototypes and inflation on eBay, I thought it'd be a good idea to start searching and posting on various forums now while I wait for the money to roll in.

Note: If I receive money for my birthday that does not amount to the agreed price, depending on the prototype, I will consider dipping outside my "birthday budget". For example, if I only receive $25 and the agreed price is $50 and the prototype is Arkista's Ring, I will definitely buy it. See Current Birthday Budget at the bottom of this post for more information.

Considerations:
    As for the prototype to what game I want, I don't really mind as long as it's not of a really crappy game. The game can be obscure or less popular yet still decent, such as American Sammy games (most of which I like a lot), popular games (but I doubt I can afford that), or something like that. Essentially, I want to avoid prototypes of games where the published versions aren't even fun to play, but the game doesn't have to be outstanding.

Discussion/Offer Method:
    Basically, if there's a prototype you're willing to part with, mention what game it is. If I think I may want it, I will PM you to discuss price. As for pictures, see the next section.

Note: I will make a post in the topic/thread daily to say if I'm still looking or not. PMs will be strictly for business.

Requirements:
    To no surprise, there are a few requirements:

1. Pictures of the front, back, and inside of the cartridge. I would prefer these to be in your forum post, but it can wait until the option to buy it exists so you don't waste your time on taking pictures. However, I will not purchase it if I do not see these pictures.
    2. Transaction made through PayPal, but not through gifting. I don't feel like getting ripped off.

Other:
    I will be busy spending time with my family and girlfriend this weekend, so discussion may be slow during this time. However, the following week, I will have plenty of time. Moreover, this is when more money should arrive.

No, I do not expect to buy an NES prototype for $50... unless the game is crappy and not a ColorDreams, etc. type game. It's a case-by-case scenario.

This post will be edited as needed.

Current Birthday Budget - September 16, 2011:
    $300*

*Planned to increase

(Again, depending on a few variables, I may be willing to go outside by birthday budget).

My Feedback:
    eBay

Closing Comments:
    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by Nightowljrm; 09-16-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    "LIKE" Gradual Games on Facebook to stay up-to-date with the upcoming NES homebrew Nomolos: Storming the Catsle!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Nightowljrm's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bump - original post edited. Still looking!
    "LIKE" Gradual Games on Facebook to stay up-to-date with the upcoming NES homebrew Nomolos: Storming the Catsle!