Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Playstation Vita

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    Unacceptably high? It's a consumer tolerance level, directed bottom up outside of errors or miraculous and efficient design. It's not a standard really, it's an average failure rate crossing many fields of devices. You could potentially engineer things to be nigh everlasting, but are you ready to drop 2k monies or even more on a cell phone that lasts forever when most people get a new one in a year or two anyway?

Nintendo is a stand out in this case because they are top performers both in regard to reliability and price. The PS3 is probably Sony's most reliable gaming platform yet. And that is somewhat sad for them, honestly.

Thanks @skaar for taking a break from moderating pony pics to make me laugh my ass off.
    I understand the realities, and recognize that my perspective is different than the majority you reference (hence the "personally"). I would and do pay more for products that will last because i don't replace stuff as often.

And is it okay for failure rates to be high or not? You seem to say ther former in your first paragraph, and the latter in the second, but I'm probably misinterpreting you. Given the market's approval of their products, it seems Sony has things balanced pretty well.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not doubling back on myself.

Sad for them because their reliability rates are much better in other segments. I don't think the 360 and PS3 failure rate is due to consumer preference as much as design error or rushing product to the consumer phase. Poor choice and rushed design. They are capable people. They each took their respective knocks for it. Mostly have righted themselves too.

What impresses me the most about Sony's turnaround is that they resisted the temptation to quick launch the Vita just because Nintendo rushed the 3DS. I desire a Vita more than a 3DS. That was inconceivable not too long ago.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 10-20-2011 at 07:56 PM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Last edited by GrandAmChandler; 10-20-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One thing I hope the Vita does is allow multiple PSN accounts, much like the PS3 does. Have they said anything about this?

When I bought my PSP3000, I was in a rush to play and couldn't remember my PSN log-in info for my original account, so I created a new one and redeemed the included code for Echochrome without realizing I was limited to 1 account per PSP. So I have two free PSP games on it, thanks to Sony's mishap a few months back, along with the free Echochrome download, while my original account from my 1000 and PS3 is now on my PSP Go with the majority of my PSP downloads tied to that account.

So I ended up having games on two different PSP accounts because of that. I'd really like to be able to have both my accounts on the Vita at the same time, along with a new European account (I'd like to download Colin McRae 2005 from the Euro store now that there is a Sony handheld with a proper analog stick to enjoy it with in handheld form).
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-21-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    One thing I hope the Vita does is allow multiple PSN accounts, much like the PS3 does. Have they said anything about this?
    I did some looking around, and I can't find anything one way or the other, but my guess is that the system will be limited to one account again. They allow multiple accounts on the home consoles because multiple family members share one TV, and all the related systems, but a handheld is supposed to be more like your phone: with you all the time, etc.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'd bet I'm not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    I hope I'm wrong.
    It's not a big deal for me (95% of what I have is all on the same account), but I hope so, I'd really like to grab that rally racer and a couple of other downloads from the Euro store. And it's going to annoy me having three games on an existing account that I'm not able to actually use on this thing.