Thread: Problem with Timesplitters 2

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Problem with Timesplitters 2

I've run into a problem with Timesplitters 2 for the Gamecube. Basically, it refuses to recognise my profile on the memory card. The memory card is a Madcatz 1x (should have known using 3rd party products would come back to haunt me).

The GC recognises that my profile DOES indeed exist on the memory card, yet when I load up Timesplitters 2 it cannot find it. I am a bit peed off about this cuz I was doing quite well at it...taking a while about it, but doing okay nevertheless. I tried copying my profile to my other memory card, also a Madcatz but this one is a 4x card. Again, if I just look at the memory card stats on the GC, my profile shows up fine. But Timesplitters 2 still doesn't find it. Is it possible that the profile has somehow been corrupted?

I've only had the game, console and memory card for a couple of months...doesn't seem like a long time given Madcatz' claim of a lifetime warranty.

Help!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think there is much you can do. Except to try to stay away from those 2X and 4X cards. Most of those things are shit. I have a couple of 3rd party memory cards that work fine. After you beat the game try Action Replay on it. It's great!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Never EVER use 3rd party memory cards with Nintendo consoles, they'll eventually turn around and bite you in the arse...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Never EVER use 3rd party memory cards with Nintendo consoles, they'll eventually turn around and bite you in the arse...
    That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll call Madcatz and bitch them out, though I don't suppose they're going to care about a $5 memory card. I will try Timesplitters 2 again tonight...I'll be majorly pissed if I still can't retrive the file and have to start all over again.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

If you have the tools, try a experiment -- copy the profile to another memory card. If that does'nt work, then get a device like a Game Shark that allows you to copy files to a hard drive on a computer. Do that, repair the file, repair the memory card, then copy the file back.

That's assuming there IS such a device for the GC -- I have ones for my PS, PS2, and N64, so I would assume so.....
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    If you have the tools, try a experiment -- copy the profile to another memory card. If that does'nt work, then get a device like a Game Shark that allows you to copy files to a hard drive on a computer. Do that, repair the file, repair the memory card, then copy the file back.

That's assuming there IS such a device for the GC -- I have ones for my PS, PS2, and N64, so I would assume so.....
    I've already tried copying the profile (see my original post) but it didn't work. It copied the profile but Timesplitters 2 still didn't recognize it. Oh well.

I don't have a Game Shark and have always been wary of them (as well as Game Genies and Action Replays). It sounds rather expensive and complicated to start getting PC hard drives involved, but I thank you for the suggestion. I think it would be cheaper and easier to just play through the game again. Having done it once, it should be easier the second time!