Thread: Closet of Doom

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Closet of Doom

There's been enough room of doom posts lately that I thought I'd show off my little slice of heaven.

I used to have a room of doom and to be honest didn't really like it. It was messy, I always kept the door closed - it just felt like that room was being wasted.

So, I made my room of doom into a kick-ass office with a closet of doom! I hook my consoles into my PC's tv tuner when I want to use them (or take them to the CRT in the basement or use one of the other TVs - I usually just use the TV tuner).

Here's the outside door - looks very unassuming. Looks like a regular old closet.

Open the door and *BAM* - wonders appear.

The best thing in the closet of doom: a tea party rally flag (edit: it's actually a Gadsden flag)). Being Canadian, I don't really know what this is, but I was in Pittsburgh once and there was a tea party rally across from my hotel. It was hilarious - I had to buy the flag, I had no choice.

Top left of the closet: on the very top are some odds and ends, my saitek joystick, my CDX leather carrying case and some boxes.

Right below that shelf you can see Gamecube, Wii, DS, Pokemon Mini (I love this) and a few Sega CD games.

On the shelf below is some PS2 / PS3 and PSP games - next to these are my handhelds kept in their little cardboard coffins

Top right of the closet: you can see a tribble, my Vectrex and CD holders. I use the CD holders to keep loose discs and the other is for gameboy games. The vectrex case is awesome and I got it from a lady on atari age.

Below this you can see Sega CD / Saturn games, some genesis stuff and my small (but growing) CIB 32X collection.

Below this is my xbox/xbox 360 stuff.

Bottom left of the closet: On the top shelf of this picture you can see some plastic tubs that contain a bunch of gameboys, DS's and PSP. Next to that are a few boxed 3DO games and my PC Engine stuff.

Below that you can see a bunch of joysticks and systems, which are self-explanatory. My favorite in this picture is either the toploader (AV modded) or the CDX.

Bottom right of the closet: on the top shelf of this pic can be seen the PC Engine stuff again (love those Turbo Views DVDs ) and some n-gage games, NES, SNES and N64 stuff. Since getting powerpaks I've greatly reduced my collection just to the stuff that I really want to keep.

On the shelves below are various consoles and joysticks. My favorite console here is the Turbo Duo.

At the very bottom of the closet I've got bankers boxes which hold controllers, AC adapters, AV cables and other misc. stuff. They're broken down by Nintendo / Sega / Sony and Microsoft / Miscellaneous. There's also a box with my Commodore 64 in it.

As you can see, I'm not much of a collector, more of a gamer, but this works great for me. I'm much happier with the closet of doom over the old room of doom set up.

Does anyone else have a closet (instead of room) of doom?
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 09-20-2011 at 04:56 PM.