Thread: Video Games dreams

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Video Games dreams

I had one last night. Me, my cousin and his friend were driving home and in someones garbage was like 200 Sega CD games, and like 400 sega genises games. They were all in bins. Then I woke up, as I started gathering them. I have them all the time or I have weird ones that just have atari in them. Does anyone else have these kind of dreams.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sometimes i have bad dreams where i alternate between playing a game and being in one, though the game is made up, something inevitably scary with monsters.

every now and then ill have a dream where im playing mario kart, but not often.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I had a dream where I found a whole bunch of SMS and rare NES games at a Gamestop for like ten bucks. SMS games I don't even think exist, like Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter 2.

I went to Gamestop that day... no such luck.

-AG

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG
    SMS games I don't even think exist, like Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter 2.
    Both exists actually...so, you´re not wrong

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have found many NES prototypes, rare games, and a few toploaders...sadly all in my dreams

-=Mr. NEStalgia=-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I've posted this one before, but I'll paste it here again, because it was so damned hilarious.

I had just found a major haul of rare and unheard of Atari games, when I started realizing that I was only dreaming. I began doing everything in my power to escape the inevitable reality that they would not be present upon awakening. I was riding in the car, and my mom was driving. We pulled into the parking lot of a gas station. It was night time, and a fair amount of snow blanketed the ground. A suspicious man was nearing our car, when I realized I had better act fast if I had any hopes of outsmarting my brain, and getting away with the Atari stuff. He tried to carjack us, but I fended him off through some means which I unfortunately cannot recall. We began pulling away, but I yelled "Hold it!" I figured that my brain would have tried ditching the Atari games by having them fall out of the car. I opened the door, and saw that I was right. I scooped the cartridges back into the rear of the car, and we pulled away. Those comedic escapades are all that I can remember of my mind versus itself.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have pipe dreams... hahaha.. ah... that was terrible... anyway, I dream of videogames all the time. Most of the time it is a puzzle game like Tetris.
    ~Rich

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am SO glad this came up.
    I had the dream to end all weird video game dreams earlier today. I was playing a game called "TI Attack" with someone else... I naturally assumed that it was for the TI 99/4A, but there was something about it that made me think twice. It featured a fully animated opener with a bunch of anime' characters fighting and arguing with each other, all to the tune of a heavy metal remake of Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It".
    The actual game wasn't quite as impressive... it was an unusual shooter with a playfield comprised of octagons linked together by small catwalks. Aliens were littered across the playfield and you had to destroy them all before they bred out of control. Occasionally a green demon, slightly wider than the rest of the aliens, would appear onscreen and chase you down until you destroyed it or it got you. It was a *little* bit like the TI 99/4A game The Attack, except more intense and much more impressive.
    That's some pretty weird stuff, wouldn't you say? I'm just surprised that I remembered all of it... generally most of my dreams slip out of my consciousness a couple of minutes after I wake up.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

I kept having a recurring dream around a year ago about finding the arcade version of Splatterhouse tucked into the corner of some bizarre arcade - five minutes before the place was about to close. In every dream I did something different to try to actually take possession of the game - either by trying to drag it out the door, trying to buy it, trying to rip open the cabinet and steal the PCB, or hiding until the arcade was closed and then trying to drag it away. Every so often there would be a Splatterhouse 2 machine right next to it, which usually tipped me off that I was dreaming because there is no SH2 arcade.

The odd thing was that the game running in the dream was not the actual SH arcade game, but rather some kind of spruced up version with new levels and stuff like that. Weird.

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

I had a dream last night that I went to some sort of warped and twisted Funcoland (seemingly pre-GameStop) and I found two Virtual Boys on a weird shelf set-up. I picked one up and checked the price: $1200! I got so pissed and was swearing at the manager for it being so high. Then I woke up with snot all over my pillow. Is that weird to happen? Getting mad like that?