Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game(s) Are You Playing? Daily Check (2011)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ICO / Shadow of the Colossus collection.

I missed them both the first time around, and vowed to get back my gamer nerd card by completing these 2 critically acclaimed gems this time around.

Started with Colossus, and I'm genuinely impressed. It's just huge boss battle after huge boss battle, and it's very satisfying! Glad I waited for the HD release honestly, it's a beautiful game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

Danger Girl for the PS1. In the very first FMV, the chick is nipping out and all the female characters have enormous gravity-defying boobs a la Tomb Raider.
    Mafia for the PS2.
    NHL 2K10 for PS3- Season 4. Currently 36-4-2.
    “The world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty I figured I'd go with the PS2 version since the controller is familiar.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Friend just dropped by and tossed The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection at me, so I might be spending some time with that later. In between more WoW of course.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Jet Force Gemini for Nintendo 64 hates me. I was thinking of making that my next game, but now I'm not so sure. I took the time to read through the manual and everything, but upon starting the game, I had it crash two times within about 30 minutes. I just have no idea what's up with it. I bought this game brand new myself many years ago, so it's in perfect shape. My system is clean too, and all my other N64 games play without a hitch. Could I have possibly acquired a defective game? It plays fine until at some random point it makes a terrible scratchy, garbled sound, and then the screen goes black. The second time it happened it wouldn't even respond to the system's reset button. Very weird. I'm looking for answers, but unless I find a solution, it doesn't look like I'll be playing it more.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank goodness for a shorter thread!

I have been playing different games through the week...mostly NES games

Sunday I played Bump N Jump and Adventure Island, using my trusty Game Genie. I have to admit even with the Game Genie those games border on impossible!

Today I concentrated on the Genesis while I waited for the cable guy to fix my cable. (News flash...they DIDN'T!) I played Garfield: Caught In The Act and failed miserably at making it past the first boss. I don't know if it has to do with the modern tv, but some of the screens were overly dark and hard to make out the tiny bats that were attacking me! I quickly switched to Mortal Kombat and kicked butt and took names (but forgot the special moves) with Scorpion. I also played a quick game of NHL '95 for old time sake. (I always play with the Vancouver Canucks and reminisce about old times with my friend Josh.)
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gah! Double post....
    Last edited by starchildskiss78; 10-12-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Double Post
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy triple posts, Batman! I didn't realize it posted the first two times (got an error)....sorry for the trouble....
    Last edited by starchildskiss78; 10-12-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Triple Post

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Since my plans for Jet Force Gemini didn't work out, I had to pick a different game to play through, and using my list randomizer to inspire me again, I decided to go with Bonk's Adventure for TurboGrafx-16. I've had a PC Engine Duo-RX for several years, but I've only had the US system for about a year. I suppose it's about time I actually do something with it beyond briefly trying stuff out. I've also never played through a Bonk, so I figure that needs rectifying. So far I've played up to stage 5-something, and I believe I used two continues. I know the game has unlimited continues, but I had my fill for that session when I was presented with my third continue. Even though there are only 5 stages, the game feels surprising long since each has so many areas. It's a shame that there are no passwords here. Beyond that, though, I really can't complain. Bonk is no Mario, but it's still definitely a lot of fun.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I bought the Alone in the Dark trilogy at GOG.com today (it was $3 instead of the usual $6!) so I figured I'd try part 1. I beat Alone In The Dark (2008) a year ago and the game claimed to be in canon with the original series, so I've always been curious about them.

And then a zombie kicked my ass.

THIS SHIT IS FUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I beat Bonk's Adventure for TurboGrafx-16, and then a little while after the first time, I beat it again just for fun, both times without using any continues (best way to play it anyway, since I always seem to blow through a few on King Drool; tough to hit him without taking damage myself). Since I got through Bonk so fast, I figured I may as well play a bit more to enjoy my TurboGrafx-16 before I shove it back in the closet (only the Duo-RX stays out permanently).

My fiance, his sister, and I were enjoying some NES together, so I also played a tiny bit of Battletoads and Cabal. Once I got the hang of it a little, it seems like I'm still half decent at Cabal. I didn't play long before turning it off, though. I doubt I'm still good enough to beat the game, not without some practice at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gears of War 3, Halo Reach, COD: Black Ops and Halo 3. Just been in the mood for shooting people lately.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SonicBoom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonicsalt99 (PS, I'm Not on a lot)
    PSN
    Sonicsalt99

I Started playing Mega Man 2 again recently. It's just a classic game that i love.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've been screwing around on the Castlevania Dungeon forum lately, and that inspired me to go with a Castlevania game for my next game (one I've yet to play). So I went with Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance via the Castlevania Double Pack on my Game Boy Advance SP. I was basically in the mood for a short, relatively easy game, anyway, before I make my next big gaming commitment. I was expecting a lame game from the get-go because I don't have a favorable outlook on modern Castlevania games, but, man, this game is duller than I expected. The level design SUCKS. Basically nothing but straight corridors with different backgrounds, with a spot to drop down and a spot to jump up, with a vertical corridor once in a blue moon where you zigzag from side to side until you get to the bottom/top. That's 99% of the game. And what's really bugging me is that it makes no attempt to be seamless. Now I know Dracula's castle is supposed to be a crazy place, but most of the other games, including SotN, make some effort at transitions. Here it's like every room will be vastly different and unrelated. It's really jarring. There's one part where you're in a vertical gray, stone tower of some sort. Get to the top, go to the left, you're suddenly in open caverns with lava following. Go right and you're in some cool-feeling, crystalline caverns. What the hell?

And when the level design isn't braindead, it's just blatantly pulling ideas right out of SotN, like with the elevator room, how the witch and siren enemies are in the exact same sort of area, going into the mouth of an animal skull/head to enter a new area, etc. Circle of the Moon, while being based on the SotN design, still at least felt like an original game. When the HoD developers tried to come up with something original, the best they could think of is a room that you decorate with furniture? What is this nonsense?

It's probably not a good sign that much of HoD's system structure reminds me of Lament of Innocence too. Although I have to remind myself that this game came first. Well, anyway, I just got to the warp to the other layer of the castle.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 10-21-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Resident Evil 4HD

and

Batman Arkham City

http://www.batmanbatmanbatman.com/

I was about a chapter or so away from completing RE4 HD when I picked up Batman ... so, I suspect that RE4 may have to wait until I'm done with that.

I also bought Street Fighter Aplha 3 PSOne Classic on the PSN and am planning on getting some matches in with visiting friends over the weekend.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I just picked up the Metal Slug Anthology for PSP and am loving every second of it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This month I've finished Y's Book I & II on the PC Engine and Wanderers Of Y's (Y's III) also on the PC Engine.

Loved Y's 1 & 2, excellent game play and the best sound track I've ever heard in a game! It' might not have the most compelling story or the most advanced game play, but heck, time flew by while playing it.

Y's 3 was a mixed bag though, lousy graphics average sound track and way too easy (except for some of the bosses).

Currently I'm going through Y's IV on the PC Engine, and I'm loving every minute of it, the availability of a translation patch and transcript of all the spoken text help off course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PS3
    Dark Souls Prepare to die and the game realy means it

Genesis
    Castlevania Bloodlines

Junker Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    yoyotheyoshi
    Steam
    aryoshie

Tales of Phantasia
    Command & Conquer
    Command & Conquer Renegade
    Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    "Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison!" ~ Kefka