Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879
Results 1,951 to 1,963 of 1963

Thread: Official Weekly Nintendo Downloads Thread

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is funny as you start the video and the next step the video have amazing steps of skating. skateboard warehouse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Releases for: 7/26/2012

WiiWare
    -WORLD HEROES PERFECT

Wii Virtual Console
    -Nothing this week.
    World Heroes Perfect is Neo Geo. So that means it's Virtual Console. Other than Japan and Europe that got an updated version of NES Donkey Kong with the pie level and some additional animations, all emulation on the Wii has belonged to the Virtual Console category. WiiWare is the domain of original releases, remakes, etc.

There's tons of list doing the same thing as this thread is intended for that you could reference real quick each week if you're having trouble figuring out what category a name belongs to. The fine and generous job you're doing to keep us updated each week isn't as useful as it could be if some of the little details are regularly wrong.

30 seconds of cross checking it each week seems a worthy investment to me.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 08-03-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Releases for: 8/2/2012

WiiWare
    -Nothing this week.

Wii Virtual Console
    -Nothing this week.

3DS Virtual Console
    -Nothing this week.

DSiWare
    -The Lost Town The Jungle

3DS Games
    -3D Solitaire

Videos
    -Dinosaur Office (newest episode)
    -New Super Mario Bros. 2 (gameplay trailer)

Sales
    -Super Mario Land for $2.99 till 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    World Heroes Perfect is Neo Geo. So that means it's Virtual Console.
    I ran a search when I added them and Wikipedia's WiiWare list had it listed there. That has since been fixed, I see now. I've since been informed that Nintendo.com lists all the games and the system they are on, which I wasn't aware of (haven't actually used Nintendo's official site for anything in years). So, this shouldn't be an issue from now on.

This is aside from the fact that some of these errors are moving errors from one list to another. I've actually posted with more errors than you've pointed out, it's just that I caught them before anyone else pointed them out. I error just like everyone else~

30 seconds of cross checking it each week seems a worthy investment to me.
    Judging from the last page of post, that's why I have you.
    Last edited by JSoup; 08-03-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ran a search when I added them and Wikipedia's WiiWare list had it listed there.
    Guess I blamed the wrong person.

I error just like everyone else
    No problems here (Hoping my post came off as well meaning advice and nothing more), I think it's nice that you keep us updated.

Judging from the last page of post, that's why I have you.
    Got to have something to talk about in here occasionally.

I visit once or twice a month in this thread and there never seems to be any real discussion anymore. But we can thank Nintendo for that I suppose with their pitiful release schedule, leaving the Virtual Console idle for a year or so, and now apparantly getting some revived interest in it as the Wii's retail interest drys up.

It's a wonder anyone cares anymore.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 08-06-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Releases for: 8/10/2012

WiiWare
    -Nothing this week.

Wii Virtual Console
    -Real Bout Fatal Fury Special

3DS Virtual Console
    -Nothing this week.

DSiWare
    -Commando: Steel Disaster

3DS Games
    -Touch Battle Tank 3D

Videos
    -Olympics LEGO Recap Videos (FREE)

Sales
    -Super Mario Land 2 for $2.99 till 8/15

No problems here (Hoping my post came off as well meaning advice and nothing more), I think it's nice that you keep us updated.
    Oh, no, don't worry about it, I'm glade for it. Not just to get the correct information out there but just to help breed some discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In a strange move, the Donkey Kong Country trilogy has been delisted in the past couple of days.

A sign that Rare held some ownership stake in these properties and their agreement with Nintendo to release them on the Virtual Console has ended, perhaps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In a strange move, the Donkey Kong Country trilogy has been delisted in the past couple of days.

A sign that Rare held some ownership stake in these properties and their agreement with Nintendo to release them on the Virtual Console has ended, perhaps?
    What the heck? I can't see how any party benefits from the games being unavailable to purchase unless there is a DK collection in the works. Oh well. I'm glad I downloaded the first one ages ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Damn well i all ways wanted to download the first DKC,but i never got around to it.Oh well i'm gonna be getting a sfc again soon and loose copy of it are cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by treismac View Post
    What the heck? I can't see how any party benefits from the games being unavailable to purchase unless there is a DK collection in the works. Oh well. I'm glad I downloaded the first one ages ago
    If my guess is correct, hopefully they re-up things one of these days. As you said, neither party benefits from them being idle.

Multiple classic Sonic the Hedgehog titles have also been delisted in various territories in recent weeks for another even more puzzling move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Someone might want to look into taking over the updates, by the way. I'm not doing them any more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shock Troopers 2nd Squad recently became available. Finally a NeoGeo download I wanted that I didn't already own on a compilation or on PSN. I've long wanted to play this since I enjoy the original and this style of game, but it was never rereleased before and I've never owned a NeoGeo or investigated PC emulation of it.

The disappointing news with the Virtual Console in recent weeks was that another Nintendo published SuperNes classic was delisted. SimCity for the Super Nintendo is no longer available. It's unknown if this is licensing issues with Electronic Arts, the IP holder for the SimCity brand, or perhaps is a delisting in preparation for an HD rerelease on the Wii U's own Virtual Console when that launches sometime this year (Unlikely since I think we'd of seen something like Link to the Past delisted by now if they were going to do such a thing).

That's my first delisted Virtual Console/WiiWare game. While I'm under the impression that these can be redownloaded through your purchase history, I was watching some Virtual Console review of Shock Troopers last night (Released just a few weeks before the sequel) on YouTube and the reviewer was complaining that his VC purchases that had been delisted didn't transfer over to the Wii U after he did the transfer recently.

Did he just have to go to his download history to retrieve them instead of trying to find their now deleted product pages? I don't want to lose any downloads but I'd still like to transfer my content to a Wii U eventually (Particularly if they fix it so 4:3 Wii content isn't stretched when a HD resolution is selected). But if some of my downloads will be lost in the process, I'll be reconsidering that plan.

Someone might want to look into taking over the updates, by the way. I'm not doing them any more.
    If anyone wants updates, I use the list at Wikipedia when I'm curious what was released as I'm sitting at my PC. Has served me well and it has always seemed accurate and up to date.

Here's the Wii list for North America. There are similar list available for other digital Nintendo offerings for various regions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...North_America)
    Last edited by Leo_A; 01-13-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Angry

Leo_A, I wouldn't count on being able to re-download anything that has been de-listed by Nintendo. Zelda: Four Swords was supposed to be available for free and only for the 25th anniversary of the Zelda series. It is now de-listed on 3DS eShop and DSiWare. From what my research indicates, you cannot download or re-download it at this time or in the future whether you have downloaded it in the past or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Leo_A, I wouldn't count on being able to re-download anything that has been de-listed by Nintendo. Zelda: Four Swords was supposed to be available for free and only for the 25th anniversary of the Zelda series. It is now de-listed on 3DS eShop and DSiWare. From what my research indicates, you cannot download or re-download it at this time or in the future whether you have downloaded it in the past or not.
    Which is really too bad, as I'd read it was pretty good. I'd hoped that I could get it regardless of the restriction whenever I finally get a 3DS, but I guess. not.