Page 29 of 99 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Weekly Nintendo Downloads Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    It appears like Square enix is doing remakes of the Dragon Quest series on the ds like Dragon Warrior 4. I am pretty sure Square Enix is doing the same with the Final Fantasy Series also. You may see games like Soul blazer on the vc.

Square Enix is starting to release vc games in Japan. The only vc game that made in North America by Square Enix is Act Raiser. The next Square Enix vc game coming to North America is King's Knight. I think that game will open up what Square Enix games will make it to North America like Rad Racer.
    Yikes...King's Knight is terrible. It's a start though.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    Yikes...King's Knight is terrible. It's a start though.
    I dunno, I actually kind of like King's Knight. It's different. It looks a little rushed in parts, but the music is really cool. There are worse NES games, that's for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It is basically official that there will not be any snes final fantasy games going to vc or at least Final Fantasy 4. A Final Fantasy 4 remake is happening. The remake is 128 mb. The article is here: http://gonintendo.com/?p=28476

I am positively sure the square games that won't be to the vc is dragon quest or Final Fantasy games. I think you will see a good amount of snes enix titles though.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I would love to see them release Robotrek, though I'm guessing there's little chance of that happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The vc games for Europe for this week are already announced this morning in Europe right now. 2 of of the vc games released there this week should be making it to North America. The games are Alien Soldier and Sonic 3d Blast. Here is the link for all the vc games in Europe this week: http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/190/e...-sega-week.php

Alien Soldier is already released in Japan and now in Europe. This means it is a matter of time for this game to be released in North America for the first time.

Sonic 3d blast is the worst sonic platform game on the genesis. I don't know if that will be the last Sonic game on the genesis that will be making it to North America. Sonic & Knuckles is a maybe and I think there is an outside chance of a Japan only Sonic game making to North America.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 11-01-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can't wait for Alien Soldier to come to the Virtual Console. Used to play that all the time on the Sega Channel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This week was not that good. I kinda wish Zombies Ate My Neighbors was released. That was a good game. A bit repetitious, but good fun.

Simon's Quest is probably my favorite NES game. I even wrote a comprehensive strategy guide for my zine's first issue. That was a pain to put together. Should have got class credit for that little project. In fact, it's probably still the best guide you could read.

You can download a copy of V #1 from www.danielthomas.org, btw. Cough.

Samurai Ghost? Clunky and weird. It does have that creepy atmosphere, so that was nice, but the whole way the hero moves his arms with that sword...ugh. Really more of a showoff game for its time, with the big sprites. But it's really a poor game at heart, and I can't imagine anyone keeping their interest more than a minute or two. There are too many good Turbo games to settle for this.

Magician Lord? Wow, it still looks terriific. Certainly one of the standout Neo-Geo games as far as graphics go. Too bad it's impossibly hard. Damn, this isn't a game. It's a mugging. I've heard that the Neo-Geo games on VC only allow for limited continues. If that's the case, then this game is practically worthless. You'll never get anywhere. This isn't even hard in the challenging sense, as if you can win with the proper skill. No, you just get hit from all sides without a chance every two seconds. It's virtually impossible, and likely wasn't meant to be playable. It was just a scam to take your money. Don't we already have politicians who do that?
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not the Neo Games have limited continues? I'd like to download Magician Lord but if it has only 2 continues or something....no way, too hard.

Take a hike, wang-broom!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The fighting games have 3 continues. It doesn't specify on the continue screen on Magician Lord if you have limited continues, but it does send you all the way back to the beginning of the level. The Neo-Geo games also don't save where you are when you exit to the VC menu.
    Last edited by Neil Koch; 11-02-2007 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    The fighting games have 3 continues. It doesn't specify on the continue screen on Magician Lord if you have limited continues, but it does send you all the way back to the beginning of the level. The Neo-Geo games also don't save where you are when you exit to the VC menu.
    Well, count me out then. I'll just get a copy of it for my MVS system and cheat with my UniBios a bit. I had that for the AES and it was WAY too damn hard and I got sick of it.

I'm hoping for Baseball Stars 2 to pop up on the VC...

Take a hike, wang-broom!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I got some good news for North America vc owners. These following games have been rated by the esrb:
    Alien Soldier-genesis
    Shining Force 2-genesis
    Bubble Bobble-nes

Here is the link: http://gonintendo.com/?p=28689

There can't be any complaints with these 3 games being rated. I played Shining Force 2 and Bubble Bobble in the past. They are great games. These are the type of games gamers expect of out the vc, not the China Warriors of the gaming World that was released on the vc.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 11-02-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got some good news for North America vc owners. These following games have been rated by the esrb:
    Alien Soldier-genesis
    Shining Force 2-genesis
    Bubble Bobble-nes

Here is the link: http://gonintendo.com/?p=28689

There can't be any complaints with these 3 games being rated. I played Shining Force 2 and Bubble Bobble in the past. They are great games. These are the type of games gamers expect of out the vc, not the China Warriors of the gaming World that was released on the vc.
    SF2, YES! That's been the #1 game I've been waiting for. Bubble Bobble is a fantastic game, too, of course. I'll probably sell my PS1 Bubble Bobble/Rainbow Island once it comes out.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alien Soldier? *faints* *drool* *twitch* *twitch*

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I know I'll be downloading all three of them games, especially Alien Solder and Shining Force 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I got a hint from reading a neogaf.com forum post. The poster is accurate for giving out hints what the systems the games are from. The hint is 1 nes game, 1tg-16 game, and 1 genesis game. That poster also has had a hint that the nes game is so good this week is one of the best ever for just one game.

I know the tg-16 game is power golf. I got no idea what the genesis game is but, it is not going to be a great title like Shining force 2. I am thinking the genesis game is something medicore or poor like Sonic 3d blast.

If this info is accurate as the poster has been in the past, it is going to be Super Mario Brothers 3 based on the nes coming soon games I can see.

Here is the coming soon list: http://www.vc-reviews.com/coming_soon.php

Just put USA only in the Filter by region part. I think you might be thinking it is the same game.

I wouldn't be shocked if Super Mario 3 is the game with Super Mario Galaxy is going to be released this month.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 11-04-2007 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This weeks games are:
    Super Mario Brothers 3 - 500 wii points
    Alien soldier-900 wii points
    Power Golf-600 wii points

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=13957.

The poster from neogaf.com forum was accurate about the nes game being a big deal.

Super Mario 3 is a classic and is considered by many as one the top 2 platformers for the nes all time and one the top 10 nes games of all time. This game was big deal for my generation on this game first came out. This a great game.

I was suprised Alien soldier was released this week. This a game I want to download. was suprised Alien soldier was released this week. This a game I want to download.

It a great week for the vc. I think this week is hard to match on the vc due to a legendary game for the nes and a great Run'N gun game for the Sega Genesis.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 11-06-2007 at 07:34 PM.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This gives me some hope for Pulseman, which was released forever and a day ago in Japan, and never released in Europe. But I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This weeks games are:
    Super Mario Brothers 3 - 500 wii points
    Alien soldier-900 wii points
    Power Golf-600 wii points

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=13957.
    I was suprised Alien soldier was released this week. This a game I want to download. I. This is a game that many people didn't have a chance to play back in the 90's due to the game being a Sega Channel only game to understanding. I hope this means more Sega channel only games make on the vc besides Alien Soldier and Golden Axe 3.
    Alien Soldier,was never on the sega channel i had the thing in it's day.

You must be thinking of pulseman wich was on the sega channel.

Still it's some thing that nintendo let alien soldier be released here for the vc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Alien Soldier,was never on the sega channel i had the thing in it's day.

You must be thinking of pulseman wich was on the sega channel.

Still it's some thing that nintendo let alien soldier be released here for the vc.
    I wasn't thinking of pulsman. I Checked wikipedia first before posting it. I am not sure it is accurate. You said it was not one the Sega Channel and the poster below claim Alien Soldier is.

According Wikipedia, Alien Soldier was one the games for the Sega channel. Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Channel.

I heard of the Sega Channel back when it got its start from reading gameinformer back in the day. I read about Megaman: Wily Wars being on the Sega Channel back in the day, but that was it. While I own a sega genesis model one back when the Sega channel was launched, I never got the channel despite having Time Warner Cable at the time.
    I heard Alien Soldier on the Sega Channel by reading those claims on a couple forums. I double check the info before posting it.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 11-05-2007 at 11:41 PM.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All three games - Megaman: The Wily Wars, Alien Soldier (the Japanese version, complete with VISUALSHOCK! SPEEDSHOCK! SOUNDSHOCK! goodness), and Pulseman - were on the Sega Channel at one time, each getting their little place in the sun. Nintendo and Sega should bring more of the Sega Channel goodness in a more permanent form.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092