Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899
Results 1,961 to 1,963 of 1963

Thread: Official Weekly Nintendo Downloads Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Shock Troopers 2nd Squad recently became available. Finally a NeoGeo download I wanted that I didn't already own on a compilation or on PSN. I've long wanted to play this since I enjoy the original and this style of game, but it was never rereleased before and I've never owned a NeoGeo or investigated PC emulation of it.

The disappointing news with the Virtual Console in recent weeks was that another Nintendo published SuperNes classic was delisted. SimCity for the Super Nintendo is no longer available. It's unknown if this is licensing issues with Electronic Arts, the IP holder for the SimCity brand, or perhaps is a delisting in preparation for an HD rerelease on the Wii U's own Virtual Console when that launches sometime this year (Unlikely since I think we'd of seen something like Link to the Past delisted by now if they were going to do such a thing).

That's my first delisted Virtual Console/WiiWare game. While I'm under the impression that these can be redownloaded through your purchase history, I was watching some Virtual Console review of Shock Troopers last night (Released just a few weeks before the sequel) on YouTube and the reviewer was complaining that his VC purchases that had been delisted didn't transfer over to the Wii U after he did the transfer recently.

Did he just have to go to his download history to retrieve them instead of trying to find their now deleted product pages? I don't want to lose any downloads but I'd still like to transfer my content to a Wii U eventually (Particularly if they fix it so 4:3 Wii content isn't stretched when a HD resolution is selected). But if some of my downloads will be lost in the process, I'll be reconsidering that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Someone might want to look into taking over the updates, by the way. I'm not doing them any more.
    If anyone wants updates, I use the list at Wikipedia when I'm curious what was released as I'm sitting at my PC. Has served me well and it has always seemed accurate and up to date.

Here's the Wii list for North America. There are similar list available for other digital Nintendo offerings for various regions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...North_America)
    Last edited by Leo_A; 01-13-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Angry

Leo_A, I wouldn't count on being able to re-download anything that has been de-listed by Nintendo. Zelda: Four Swords was supposed to be available for free and only for the 25th anniversary of the Zelda series. It is now de-listed on 3DS eShop and DSiWare. From what my research indicates, you cannot download or re-download it at this time or in the future whether you have downloaded it in the past or not.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Leo_A, I wouldn't count on being able to re-download anything that has been de-listed by Nintendo. Zelda: Four Swords was supposed to be available for free and only for the 25th anniversary of the Zelda series. It is now de-listed on 3DS eShop and DSiWare. From what my research indicates, you cannot download or re-download it at this time or in the future whether you have downloaded it in the past or not.
    Which is really too bad, as I'd read it was pretty good. I'd hoped that I could get it regardless of the restriction whenever I finally get a 3DS, but I guess. not.