Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Stores in Detroit

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGenesis View Post
    The only things they don't give cases with are Genesis and Master System games, probably NES/SNES/N64 boxes, but I'm fine with loose carts on those games… I offer Ted scans of the SMS and Genesis games I buy so he will include the cases for me.

Did you grow up in Plymouth? I'm originally from Canton, graduated from Canton High School in 1995… I used to work at Game Masters back in 1993-1995. I work in Plymouth now.
    They definitely don't give cases for SNES, GBA, NES, Game Gear, and Genesis, or anything else cartridge based. Ted's explanation regarding that policy was that it's a pain in the ass to find scans of the boxes. But yeah, I grew up in Plymouth and I still live here. I graduated from Salem in 2005.

Ted's a good guy with a lot of knowledge. He gave me some advice when I was trying to find a proper power cord for my CDX and I was able to find something that worked out online. Their disc and console repair service is also fantastic.

A note: A while ago Ted joked that I come into the store so much that I probably know the job better than the people working there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius Spunkwater View Post
    They definitely don't give cases for SNES, GBA, NES, Game Gear, and Genesis, or anything else cartridge based. Ted's explanation regarding that policy was that it's a pain in the ass to find scans of the boxes. But yeah, I grew up in Plymouth and I still live here. I graduated from Salem in 2005.

Ted's a good guy with a lot of knowledge. He gave me some advice when I was trying to find a proper power cord for my CDX and I was able to find something that worked out online. Their disc and console repair service is also fantastic.

A note: A while ago Ted joked that I come into the store so much that I probably know the job better than the people working there.
    yeah, Ted had mentioned how it's difficult to find good scans of box art, that's why I offered to provide scans of any SMS/Genesis games I buy.. I have to get up there as I owe scans for Rambo III and California Games..

one of my good friends brother, Greg, used to work there - he used to borrow my NES games in the early 90s (when I was playing 16 bit stuff lol) - he still hangs out up there these days - I'm up there almost every week too!

one more shop to mention - Gamers Ave/Game Yard in Garden City - it's on Ford Rd just west of Middlebelt - in front of K-Mart
    Last edited by TurboGenesis; 10-14-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

The store that was in Southgate, Game Play; I think the guy wanted to move to Southland Mall if possible. Friend of mine said he saw him there a few weeks back and that the guy was cutting back drastically on his pre-NES selection after only a handful of people were buying them. I haven't seen him myself, but then I haven't had much call to go to the mall.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    The store that was in Southgate, Game Play; I think the guy wanted to move to Southland Mall if possible. Friend of mine said he saw him there a few weeks back and that the guy was cutting back drastically on his pre-NES selection after only a handful of people were buying them. I haven't seen him myself, but then I haven't had much call to go to the mall.
    only a handful of people? probably me and you !
    I wanted to grab some 5200 games but they had closed up when I was ready to get some... I was even considering grabbing that Mr Do's Castle!

I cannot figure why he would want to move into Southland? I imagine the rent would be astronomical!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time Travelers might be a fun visit if you're already in the area, but I would stay far far away. Their prices are insanely high; to the point where even if they magically had "that game you've always wanted", which they don't, the price would send you running. Additionally, from the perspective of a small business owner, I can't stand anyone who pays $1 a game and then turns around and sells them above ebay. I've heard some pretty extreme horror stories.