Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Name a system you have no desire to play again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Name a system you have no desire to play again

for me its the N64....

everything looks blurrier than it did back in the day along with bad early 3D polygons. I don't think I will be sad if i never get to play it again. Basically, I could live without the N64 Zelda's as hard at that might be for some people.

The PSone is a close second except I still enjoy games like SOTN or other 2d games with no 3D at all.
    Last edited by ReaXan; 10-15-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReaXan View Post
    for me its the N64....

everything looks blurrier than it did back in the day along with bad early 3D polygons. I don't think I will be sad if i never get to play it again. Basically, I could live without the N64 Zelda's as hard at that might be for some people.

The PSone is a close second except I still enjoy games like SOTN or other 2d games with no 3D at all.
    I'm with you on both of these. The only game I give a damn about on the N64 is Mario 64. The rest looks like crap. Can't say I care to hook my PS 1 up again anytime soon either. Also, I always disliked the Genesis controller, so I can't see me hooking this one up anytime in the next five years. My Atari Jaguar mysteriously disappeared from my parents' house and I could care less. That was such an expensive piece of crap.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

dreamcast, I still don't understand how people love this piece of shit, aside from pso (which was done better on other platforms later) its library is a pile of awfull shovelware, there is no game that makes me want to hook it up again (other than pso which again was done better elsewhere)

runner up would be saturn, other than a great port of sotn guardian heroes and dragon force, this system can die in a fire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

PS1. Few games I'd want don't run well enough on PS2 to get by.

JVC X'eye. Bulkier, arguably less reliable, and has lower compatibility than its distant cousin CDX. (power base converter won't fit X'eye, plus Everdrive's SMS rom loading is effectively broken on it)

Super Famicom. US models are so easy to mod for JPN games I have little interest in the system unit itself now.

Neo Geo AES. Much of the library is expensive. Once I can find somebody to consolize my MVS board that'll lower its appeal further yet.
    Lum fan.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

For me its the Atari 2600. I just can't stand games that simplistic anymore.

I won't say I have no desire to play the N64, but there aren't really any games on it I find compelling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Thing about SFC is it does look better stock. But widening the slot to fit US games is an ugly job, defeating the reason I'd want to use one.

I'm a little divided on Wonderswan or NGPC. Curious machines I can't help not finding novelty value in. If only they were easier to find accessories for. No/bad lighting is a killer for me. (part of why I hesitate to dive back into GG despite a massive and cheap game selection I'd like)
    Last edited by theclaw; 10-15-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Lum fan.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Nothing. I only collect what I love so I play them all and love them all. Honestly. I even love my finicky 32X and original Game boy that broke couple years ago.

I don't get owning something if you don't like it.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    dreamcast, I still don't understand how people love this piece of shit, aside from pso (which was done better on other platforms later) its library is a pile of awfull shovelware, there is no game that makes me want to hook it up again (other than pso which again was done better elsewhere)

runner up would be saturn, other than a great port of sotn guardian heroes and dragon force, this system can die in a fire.
    GAH...talk like that will get your gamer's license revoked. Blasphemy I say, BLASPHEMY!!

You mentioned shovelware, are you sure you're not thinking of the Wii? It's small and white like the DC with 4 controller ports.

All kidding aside, it's a damn shame you think that of the DC and Saturn, they're two of my most favorite systems. But then, to each their own I suppose. I can't expect to get you to like them anymore than you could get me to hate them but I have to wonder, were you there at the ground floor of it or did you experience them well after the fact?

Anyway...I can't conjure up any system that I have absolutely no desire to play again. The only system I can think of that might even be close to this would be the PC-FX. I owned one several years ago and just could not get into the system. To be fair, I only had 3 titles for the system (pretty sure I bought it as a bundle) and the titles I did have either weren't fun or had a steep language barrier that prevented me from playing them. I ended up selling the machine to my friend when I was in a tough spot but if I had held on to the system, I'm sure I would have sought out the desirable/popular titles for it and give me a reason to want to play it again at some point.

Honestly, most of my systems I can't be arsed to hook back up. That said, I own some titles for each system that would make me want to hook them up if I got the wild hair up my arse to play them. Some titles like Dragon Force actually force me to NOT hook up the systems as I do not want to get addicted to them all over again.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

i would have to say my sega master system, 3do, ps1, virtual boy, atari jaguar/jag cd, atari lynx are definitly systems i dont care to every play or collect for ever again. i would include my sega cd but i thankfully just sold that last weekend along with about 16 games.

i'm not saying that any of those systems are terrible but they just have not stood the test of time in my book...

Insert Coin (Level 0) ishashobar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An original Game Boy. It's really sad that those screens have degraded with age, now its as bad as a game.com.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

There's some that stay shelfed more than others... My O2 is probably first on that list. But anything I'll play a bit. I guess it's a difference in taste; Some want a 'trully' entertaining game, while others (myself) are as much into the history as they are the game. All of the systems getting hit here are high on my list, besides N64.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Stringfellow78

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    PS1. Few games I'd want don't run well enough on PS2 to get by.

JVC X'eye. Bulkier, arguably less reliable, and has lower compatibility than its distant cousin CDX. (power base converter won't fit X'eye, plus Everdrive's SMS rom loading is effectively broken on it)

Super Famicom. US models are so easy to mod for JPN games I have little interest in the system unit itself now.

Neo Geo AES. Much of the library is expensive. Once I can find somebody to consolize my MVS board that'll lower its appeal further yet.
    I had more problems getting games to work on the cdx than I had have ever had on the x'eye. Terminator cd and Jurassic Park CD for example freeze on the cdx. Reliability I cannot say which is better.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow View Post
    ... Reliability I cannot say which is better.
    If reliaility is an issue, the 360 takes the cake for junk. Besides the L4D series, mine sits except to test games to sell. I should just get em on the PC...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    True Rush Fan

Atari 5200.
    The controllers never worked right and no exclusive games.
    WANT LIST:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...older=Wishlist

ALSO WANTED: Dreamcast Sports Edition empty box

FOR SALE/TRADE:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...r+Sale%2FTrade

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Stringfellow78

Quote Originally Posted by Lerxstnj View Post
    Atari 5200.
    The controllers never worked right and no exclusive games.
    I love my 5200. I had one new back when I was a kid and one of the controllers worked for several years and the other crapped out in less than a year. About a year ago I got one of best electronics 5200 controllers and it works as it should.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    pnkfloyd71

Atari Jaguar. I just don't like the controller in any way.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Even for the systems I dislike, like the CD-i, I can't say I'll never play them again. There's always at least one game that will bring me back to it, or maybe a review of a game for the system. I won't limit myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can honestly say I could go my entire life without seeing another PSPGo or Game Boy Micro and probably be a better person for it.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

That's a tough question. I'd say nothing really. I want to play everything again. I mean, sure, there are some systems that appeal to me way less than others, and some where there's practically nothing in the library catching my interest. I'd say the worst off of those would be the 3DO, but even then I'd like to get more games for it and hopefully discover something I'd give a damn about.

Now if you want to talk about specific models of hardware, that's a different story. Like, for example, I love playing black and white Game Boy games and GBA games, but I have zero desire to use my original Game Boy or my original GBA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow View Post
    I love my 5200. I had one new back when I was a kid and one of the controllers worked for several years and the other crapped out in less than a year. About a year ago I got one of best electronics 5200 controllers and it works as it should.
    I LOVE the 5200 too
    sure there aren't really any exclusives… but I prefer 5200 versions over their 2600 versions.. and then add things like dual stick Robotron, Space Dungeon, and Battlezone, and trak-ball games like Missile Command, Centipede, Galaxian, and more... I really have no reason to play the 2600 when I can enjoy improved ports on the 5200!

one console I can't be really be bothered to play… the original Xbox... mine has been dead for several years, and some of the games I like work on the 360…