Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Name a system you have no desire to play again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For all the N64 hatred spewing on this thread, I have one thing to say.

Mario Kart 64

Try that game with 4 players on a big screen setup and tell me with a straight face it was not a good time had by all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post

Mario Kart 64

Try that game with 4 players on a big screen setup and tell me with a straight face it was not a good time had by all.
    That's a good one but I don't have 3 other friends that would ever care to play it with me and I don't buy consoles for one game, if I did it would be Robotron 64 anyway.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

well to some extent all the 32bit and 64bit stuff looks pretty bad these days and the load times so yeah I could see not wanting to play that stuff but then so many awesome games on the psone and 64 (though many especially of the latter have become available on new systems) and some that have not been ported are worth obtaining these consoles for. If I had to pick a console I don't really ever need to have again its probably the neo geo pocket or aes much as I love the games they are everywhere and the costs are ridiculous for these and I've been there done that. Now an mvs....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Xbox360 and Wii

I used to previously own them as well.

Another system I forever shunned is turbografx16 and jaguar. I never played them before and have no intentions to. Maybe if I came across them at the flea/yard sales for $10 buck.

It hurts when some of you say N64. N64 was my most prime main console. I consider it to have developed the hardcore skills I have today. It was also the first 3-D console with one analog joystick. You either were the type that walked into walls endlessly or you were able to get control of the character/game.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Mario Kart 64

It's a good game, but do I need the console when it's just an updated version of Super Mario Kart which hasn't aged horribly at all? I don't play with other people so 4 players is a useless option to me.

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    It was also the first 3-D console with one analog joystick.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Forgot about the vectrex. Thing is so niche I think everyone overlooks it.

I never knew about it till I watched one of Pete Dorr's youtube videos.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It's a good game, but do I need the console when it's just an updated version of Super Mario Kart which hasn't aged horribly at all? I don't play with other people so 4 players is a useless option to me.
    The games play significantly different, especially the battle modes. Super Mario Kart battle mode feels absolutely nothing like the Mario Kart 64 battle mode, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned because I don't like the Super Mario Kart battle mode much and lose interest in it fast while I can never get enough of the Mario Kart 64 battle mode.

The Mario Kart series in general is kinda lame if you never do any multiplayer, but I guess if you're going to stick to single-player, then Super Mario Kart is the best one to go with. The cups in Mario Kart 64 are much too easy, even on the highest difficulty level.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every time I boot up my 3DO, I realize that the majority of the games on it were released on other consoles in a better form.

It's still a neat piece of history, though.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    The Mario Kart series in general is kinda lame if you never do any multiplayer, but I guess if you're going to stick to single-player, then Super Mario Kart is the best one to go with. The cups in Mario Kart 64 are much too easy, even on the highest difficulty level.
    That's the thing, I just play single player games so most multiplayer games aren't that special. When people go on about how great GoldenEye is or any of the other multiplayer N64 games it doesn't mean much to me.

Super Mario Kart is the type of game I play every few months for a few minutes at a time. A few quick play throughs is good enough for awhile, then I'll just move onto other things.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need Atari like I need a hole in the head (Any Atari). Still won't stop me from buying if I can flip it. I also need an Xbox like I need a disease.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Mario Kart 64

I confess, Im a N64 hater. I have to admit Mario Kart for N64 is an excellent game.
    The only problem I have with it is that I played it to death when I was in high school. Same thing with Goldeneye.

Cherry (Level 1) Jack_Burton_BYOAC's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

None. I love video games, and that includes the ugly, the janky, the uninspired, and the just plain weird.

You guys who are saying you'll never play the N64 again because of bad graphics. Jeez, you're giving me flashbacks to talking about the NES circa 1995-1996. People were saying the exact same things about systems 2 or more generations old back then too.

Never play the N64 or PlayStation again? This is the classic gaming board, right?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think if people hate N64 its probably because they were older than 12 and so the kiddy nature of the console just wanst working for them. Almost all the best games are pretty much for kids.

Wow, you guys hate N64 graphics? I guess you must really really really hate PS1 games.

Anyway, I would say the worst console I played was Xbox. I was at a game studios party that a friend of my moms invited her to. SO I was in a room with an Xbox, 5 games, a whoooooooooooooole lot of chocolate bars and other candy. I played with the HUGE controller for giants hands, which I didnt mind too much. Halo was ok, but the other games they had were not good. I dont remember what studio it was.

Man, a ton of trolls came out of the wood work here. I mean, I really cant say anything to people who dont like the PS1, N64 or cant understand how cool the Dreamcast is. Saying theres a ton of shovelware in libraries is moot because theres shovelware on EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE OR COMPUTER GREAT OR TERRIBLE. This thread gets a 1 star from me. I dont know how old you guys are, but honestly youre either too old and used to gaming in the 80's and 70's or youre too young and been raised on the PS3/360 generation to realize how revolutionary the late 90's consoles were.
    Last edited by JakeM; 07-04-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

The only system I've played that I can say I never want to play again, I would say would have to be the Virtual Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    I think if people hate N64 its probably because they were older than 12 and so the kiddy nature of the console just wanst working for them. Almost all the best games are pretty much for kids.

Wow, you guys hate N64 graphics? I guess you must really really really hate PS1 games.
    I can't agree with your first statement. I was 17 when the N64 came out and I bought one at launch. Even after I claimed up and down that the Saturn was going to kill it. Also, not all the best games were for kids. I will agree with you second statement though. For reference, I own both.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I can't agree with your first statement. I was 17 when the N64 came out and I bought one at launch. Even after I claimed up and down that the Saturn was going to kill it. Also, not all the best games were for kids. I will agree with you second statement though. For reference, I own both.
    Well, I dont think you read my statement too clearly, because you pretty much agree with it. People who didnt want to bu ya kiddy console wouldnt like the N64, and not all their best games were for kids, but a lot of them were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Sega Master System never did it for me, and probably still doesn't to this day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

Well, I dont think you read my statement too clearly, because you pretty much agree with it. People who didnt want to bu ya kiddy console wouldnt like the N64, and not all their best games were for kids, but a lot of them were.
    No, I do understand your statement. You're saying the almost all of the best N64 games are for kids and I don't agree.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Most people who got a N64 and was playing it around release 1996 would be grown up by now.

I believe N64/PS1 are fifth generation gaming consoles. People who played/owned these near release date will be in their twenties and up.

I also wouldn't say the games are meant for kids. At least not any more for kids then Nintendo makes their games now.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    No, I do understand your statement. You're saying the almost all of the best N64 games are for kids and I don't agree.
    When you finally grow up you will understand, for you too will find that the N64 just can't satisfy the lust for blood that all mature adults possess.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Quote Originally Posted by RP2A03 View Post
    When you finally grow up you will understand, for you too will find that the N64 just can't satisfy the lust for blood that all mature adults possess.
    that is a really immature statement.

Nintendo in general has always from the dawn of their existence been geared towards kids. Even till this day. That's due to their first party titles. Mario being a major one.

I think the problem is you probably got your butt kicked in endless rounds of goldeneye. Or you're one of those people I was talking about. Hand them a new N64 game they never played and the N64 control and it's like watching a woman learn to drive. Running into every wall possible and has no control over the character or game.

Last edited by needler420; 07-04-2013 at 09:31 AM.