Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Name a system you have no desire to play again

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I could never get the 32X to be stable. I used the metal tabs on the inside of the cartridge slot, and without. I used it with a Model 1 and a Model 2, and there was no difference. The 32X was just fundamentally unstable. It would just freeze or glitch if the 32X had a strong breeze hit it. I always liked T-Mek and Shadow Squadron, but it was just too much trouble to keep running. With emulation it's far easier to play 32X games and letting me play games I couldn't play before (like Darxide) and find the gems in the library, although I still can't give a damn about Metal Head.
    It's been ages since I've hooked up my 32X but I don't remember having issues like that. Did you clean the connectors on it, including the cart slot that 32X games fit in? Not a lot of people seem to clean the cart slot too, mostly just the bottom connector that plugs into the Genesis cart slot.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It's been ages since I've hooked up my 32X but I don't remember having issues like that. Did you clean the connectors on it, including the cart slot that 32X games fit in? Not a lot of people seem to clean the cart slot too, mostly just the bottom connector that plugs into the Genesis cart slot.
    there's also a spacer you need if you're hooking up to a Genesis 2 but that might be just for aesthetics. Ive never had a single issue with my 32X besides the fact that it wont run the Genesis version of Virtua Racing (which is true for 100% of 32X's anyways). Besides that I prefer the cartridge connector feel of the 32X over the Genesis one. it seems like it is a shallower connector so youre not going in diagonally quite as much.
    Join me for chess @ chess.com, username: paulmccabe3