Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Name a system you have no desire to play again

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I could never get the 32X to be stable. I used the metal tabs on the inside of the cartridge slot, and without. I used it with a Model 1 and a Model 2, and there was no difference. The 32X was just fundamentally unstable. It would just freeze or glitch if the 32X had a strong breeze hit it. I always liked T-Mek and Shadow Squadron, but it was just too much trouble to keep running. With emulation it's far easier to play 32X games and letting me play games I couldn't play before (like Darxide) and find the gems in the library, although I still can't give a damn about Metal Head.
    It's been ages since I've hooked up my 32X but I don't remember having issues like that. Did you clean the connectors on it, including the cart slot that 32X games fit in? Not a lot of people seem to clean the cart slot too, mostly just the bottom connector that plugs into the Genesis cart slot.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It's been ages since I've hooked up my 32X but I don't remember having issues like that. Did you clean the connectors on it, including the cart slot that 32X games fit in? Not a lot of people seem to clean the cart slot too, mostly just the bottom connector that plugs into the Genesis cart slot.
    there's also a spacer you need if you're hooking up to a Genesis 2 but that might be just for aesthetics. Ive never had a single issue with my 32X besides the fact that it wont run the Genesis version of Virtua Racing (which is true for 100% of 32X's anyways). Besides that I prefer the cartridge connector feel of the 32X over the Genesis one. it seems like it is a shallower connector so youre not going in diagonally quite as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    there's also a spacer you need if you're hooking up to a Genesis 2 but that might be just for aesthetics. Ive never had a single issue with my 32X besides the fact that it wont run the Genesis version of Virtua Racing (which is true for 100% of 32X's anyways). Besides that I prefer the cartridge connector feel of the 32X over the Genesis one. it seems like it is a shallower connector so youre not going in diagonally quite as much.
    I got that 32x in 2003, as New Old Stock, and I used it. (It was still an 8 or 9 year old system, not worth a lot then.) Right out of the box, 2 out of 4 or 5 of the games didn't work, including Knuckles' Chaotix, which is the only one I really wanted to play. I ended up thinking it was the game, so I got at least 2 other copies to try getting it to work. I sent one back because of this, and Dad dremeled the screws off of one of my two copies to see if something was wrong with the one.

I owned at least one Genesis 1 probably in the middle of 2004, I don't remember when I got the first one. That said, the spacer was partly for aesthetics, and partly for stability on the Genesis 2. It didn't matter whether it was there or not, though; my 32x was just that unreliable, to the point that I had to keep the system un-screwed so I could remove and clean, then re-seat the two white wires any time a game would not load. I didn't learn about this wiring issue until I think February or March 2004.

EDIT:

Since I posted this, I realized that more games were canceled for the 32x than were released.

I also realized that there's a small homebrew scene for the 32x. If they can get any substantial amount of support for the system and also the 32x CD capabilities, that would change how I feel about the 32x a lot. It did, after all, get canned before it really showed its full hardware potential.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 10-13-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

Odyssey 400
    RCA Studio II
    Magnavox Odyssey
    APF MP-1000

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I didn't read through all the posts so I'm not sure if I've posted since 2011, so I'll just add this here.

Like one of the posts stated way back, I only buy games I enjoy playing. I myself am less of a collector than most people here and it's really because I don't try to buy consoles with only a few games that I'm really interested in. I own the Wii U and Vita because I thought they'd be successful enough, but the systems just weren't, however the Vita itself atleast has a few games that are exclusive in the west with Dungeon Travelers 2, Freedom Wars, Uncharted Golden Abyss, and Soul Sacrifice that make the system something I'll go back to regardless. The Wii U on the other hand actually has nothing that hasn't been ported over to the Switch that I'm interested in other than Monster Hunter 3, Splatoon, and Mario Maker, but there are sequels that pretty much make those games worthless. The Wii U is truly a console that has no relevance as there's nothing exclusive to it that I have any interest in whatsoever. Maybe the extra large tablet still has a use of it being a portable console with a bigger screen than the Switch, but as someone who would rather just play on TV if possible, what's the point?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Has Tank! Tank! Tank! been ported from the Wii U to the Switch? I loved the arcade version of that game so I bought the Wii U to play it at home. There wasn't much else that attracted me to the system, and it's just collecting dust since the port of Tank! Tank! Tank! was a bit of a letdown.