Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Name a system you have no desire to play again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Game Gear. I think I got mine in 1995 with 5 or 6 games, the only ones I remember are Shinobi, X-Men, and Riddick Bowe Boxing. It is the only gaming item I do not regret selling or giving away. I still have my copy of X-Men only because I couldn't find it when I sold the GG and found it at the bottom of a box in the garage a few months ago.

I would probably buy one if I found it in the wild for $10 or less, but I'm pretty sure I would never actively search for one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm also going with the Atari 5200... even the best games are ruined by the awful controllers.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At least you can use a different controller.
    There's no cure for the mind-blowingly awful design decisions of the Ngage.
    I owned the QD for a few years, and although it's sufficiently powerful and has some great games, the awful sideways screen and lazy button layout was just not suited to the system's library. If it had gotten some vertical shooters and had proper buttons, I could look past any other flaws, I suppose.
    I can't imagine how bad the original design would have been.
    Last edited by kedawa; 04-15-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SonicBoom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonicsalt99 (PS, I'm Not on a lot)
    PSN
    Sonicsalt99

Something I have not seen mentioned upon scanning this forum is the Mattel Hyperscan. A Crappy console made in 2007 In which had 5 games (Most being crappy fighters) and you need the cards to play the games as well. Got it for Christmas and I Hated it.
    I Need a life....Wait! I DO HAVE ONE! CLASSIC GAMES ARE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Which consoles would I happily never play again? There aren't many. Hell, even my 3DO has games that warrant a repeat playthrough. Probably the only one I'd happily see the back of is the game.com. Never really had anything going for it.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

would not care if i never played again

cdi
    tg16
    segacd
    gamegear
    gameboy
    lynx
    gamecube
    xbox
    3do
    saturn
    neo geo
    nuon
    dreamcast
    32x
    any system older than NES...

lol my fav systems are nes genesis snes jaguar ps1 ps2 n64 and i dont even hardly play these anymore... too busy buying and selling ugh

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dr. BaconStein's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but I don't really want to go back to my old SNES and Genesis after discovering the wonderful world of clone consoles. A part of it is due to accessibility; now that I have an FC-16 Go and a GenMobile I can play at anytime, anywhere, it makes me less eager to want to go back to the original hardware, but a part of it is also the novelty and efficiency of it.

I like playing on shiny new hardware (especially when it has a modern look and feel to it) like my Retro Duo and clones are a nice way for me to experience the feeling of getting a new console without all the added expense and hassle of finding new games for it. It's something I obviously can't get from playing the on the same systems I've had since I was a child, and while it seems minor, it usually seems well worth it.

The awful three-pronged controller and bulky, heavy unit turns me away from the N64, but I do have a desire to go back to some of the games themselves. I haven't played any of my consoles in a good while since lately most of my playtime's been between the three handhelds (FC-16, GenMobile, and DS Phat). Kind of makes me wish there were portable clones of each system.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I kept seeing this thread and thinking I should post Game.Com, and then offer to sell my collection. Which stands, by the way...

But honestly, the Sega Saturn. I don't know why either, as I can appreciate a lot of the interesting stuff on there, and I like the controllers, but for whatever reason when I went to make a testing station for the GOAT Store and managed to cram game consoles of pretty much every type that we carry, I realized I was short on space, and the Saturn was the first to go. I have hooked up and can honestly say that I play the 3DO and Jaguar more, as well as the N64 and Dreamcast. I have a PS1 handy too, and even have an entire longbox collection for the PS1.

But, for whatever reason, I cannot get into the Saturn at all. I'm not denying it's great, and I know a bunch of collectors swear by it, but something about it doesn't click with me.

Here's another odd thing for me -- I collected the PS1 long box collection because I love the way the games look, although I don't think I have played more than a handful of them (yes, seriously). The Saturn games look basically the exact same, but I have no interest in collecting those. Tempest 2000 is where my Saturn collection begins and ends.

Weird.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Game Gear. Never really had any games I was interested in and the games I did have were frustrating as hell. With the possible exceptions of Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble & Sonic Labyrinth. I will admit there is some quality music on the Game Gear.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Stringfellow78

I don't think I have any desire to play any hand helds again. I have no time when I am out of the house to play portable games and when I'm home I can play something full size. I would however play some of the games on something like a super gameboy.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

Xbox 360 - I'm not a PS fanboy or anything, I just don't see myself paying for online play. If you're not on xbox live then I can't see any reason to play it. I loved the original xbox, but after setting up my avatar on the 360 and playing a Metal slug trial, I have never turned it back on. I'm more of a classic gamer anyways.

"If I cannot swear in heaven, I won't go there." Mark Twain

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genjackson View Post
    Xbox 360 - I'm not a PS fanboy or anything, I just don't see myself paying for online play. If you're not on xbox live then I can't see any reason to play it. I loved the original xbox, but after setting up my avatar on the 360 and playing a Metal slug trial, I have never turned it back on. I'm more of a classic gamer anyways.
    Without online play, some important shmups were released exclusively for the 360. I can't verify their quality, since I don't even own a 360, but it'd be a reason to look into getting one for me (I too am a Classic gamer).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reading through this whole thread, I think it's crazy to see how many people are listing systems like N64 and PSX. Really? I am decidedly not a fan of N64, and it's easily my least favorite "major" post-crash console (major meaning excluding stuff like Jaguar). But even so, it still has its share of greats. And PSX is one of the best systems of all time.

I don't really get why people say early 3D games were ugly. I'm not saying they're not, but, early 2D games were just as ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Reading through this whole thread, I think it's crazy to see how many people are listing systems like N64 and PSX. Really? I am decidedly not a fan of N64, and it's easily my least favorite "major" post-crash console (major meaning excluding stuff like Jaguar). But even so, it still has its share of greats. And PSX is one of the best systems of all time.

I don't really get why people say early 3D games were ugly. I'm not saying they're not, but, early 2D games were just as ugly.
    The 2600 stuff was, yeah, but after that not so much. They also have a timeless feel to them that the early 3D games don't have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sega Genesis.

I actually owned one for a while, but gave it back (after repairing it).

The whole 16-Bit era just didn't interest me at all.
    Interesting stuff, here (COMPLETELY unbiased opinion, hehhehheh):

http://griswaldterrastone.deviantart.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by o.pwuaioc View Post
    The 2600 stuff was, yeah, but after that not so much. They also have a timeless feel to them that the early 3D games don't have.
    I would compare 2600 era graphics to very early 3D stuff like Hard Drivin'. Colecovision and 5200 are more like 3DO/Jaguar/32x. And NES compares to PSX.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post

Seems to me most guys who bash on the early 3d systems/games are older hardcore 2d 8bit guys who are aged 35 and older. A lot of those guys scoffed and turned their nose up when 3d came on scene in the early to mid 90's. too bad, they missed out, I personally think anything before NES is pretty trashy when it comes to a video game esperience. 2600 games, just plain ugly and simply and the controller sucks. NES owns anything 8 bit before it. And some of the early 3d games are still better than most 3d games today including Doom Wolf 3d Virtua Fighter Virtua Racing Daytona USA etc Iron Soldier Starfox I love the early 3d stuff. Jumping flash. So ya, most PS1 and N64 haters are old bitter dudes who think atari 2600 is the best thing ever, pfft. and anyone who talks crap about the N64 are simply stupid, mario 64 waverace 64 and TONS of other great 3d games on that system that blew away almost anything on ps1 and thats saying something. In my eyes n64 is equally as good as ps1 even with so many less games.
    Last edited by Kevincal; 04-17-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) cholkavich's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

ill have to say the N64, i recently sold my whole collection because i never played it. i could never get used to the controller haha

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cholkavich View Post
    ill have to say the N64, i recently sold my whole collection because i never played it. i could never get used to the controller haha
    let me guess, you never even played an N64 until sometime after the year 2000? This is another thing, people bashing on n64 controller, in 1996 when the n64 came out the playstation didnt even have a freaking analog controller yet. N64 controller always worked perfectly fine for me. I always took care of mine and didnt abuse it, low IQ animals who abuse their gaming stuff, sure, you can break the analog stick or make it loose and crappy if you are too rough with the controller.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal View Post
    I always took care of mine and didnt abuse it, low IQ animals who abuse their gaming stuff, sure, you can break the analog stick or make it loose and crappy if you are too rough with the controller.
    Wow, dude, wow.

I never abused my N64 controllers, but all four of mine got wonky eventually. And I don't think of myself as a low IQ animal. And when the N64 controller was released, a lot of people questioned it. I know I did, and I still don't much care for it. And yes, I played well before 2000.

You are really in for ticking people off on every board you go to, aren't you?
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333