Thread: Price check: Super Famicom Memory Cart(Super Famicom Wars)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Price check: Super Famicom Memory Cart(Super Famicom Wars)

I have a Super Famicom Memory cart complete in the box. For those that are wondering what they are here is one http://retrogamerjapan.com/sf-memory-cassette-110515
    I have the game Super Famicom Wars on it. The game was only released on the Nintendo power game kiosk's back in 98 and again on the Wii downloadable in Japan. I got the game off of yahoo Japan about 5 years ago and paid $60. The only other place I would see it for sale was on ebay at the time for $150. I have played it and enjoyed it but now I am looking to trade or sell it. Whats a fair price to ask for it?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'd be interested to know what to expect to pay.

But I'd imagine the price would go up. I read the Nintendo Power kiosks were taken out in 2007, so that would be after bought the game if you bought it five years ago.

The only time I saw one was a mislabeled ebay auction. I messaged the seller and they said the auction was for a console, not the game.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I never knew the kiosks ran till 2007. I wish we had them in north america. Anyone else have any info?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up one of the carts when I was in Japan about a month ago. I think I paid about $15 for it. In all fairness, I don't have Super Famicom Wars on it, so I think that would help the value a lot. Mine has Super Mario World, some Pachinko game, Super Bomberman, and I think something else (that I can't remember right now). All of the loose carts I saw were priced based on the games installed, but none of them were more than $30 or so.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know value is based on what game(s) you have on the cart. Super Famicom Wars and Wizardry 1-2-3 were only released on these Kiosks. Fire Emblem Thracia 776 for a time was only released this way too if I am not mistaken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Something like that. Dr. Mario (maybe Japan licence issues blocked Tetris & Dr. Mario?), Super Punch Out, Wario's Woods, Columns, and Tetris Attack (too similar to Panel de Pon presumably) also didn't have a normal release. Though I might be getting this confused with Satellaview.
    Lum fan.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Bighab View Post
    Fire Emblem Thracia 776 for a time was only released this way too if I am not mistaken.
    Yes, the copies inside the special editions of the game (with the maps, cards, cuddly toys) are all "kiosk versions" to my knowledge.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sutte Hakkun was also available via kiosk before its official cartridge release. I would say its not worth more than what you paid, $60.00 maybe even less these days. Ive seen this priced at over $100 on ebay before, but they have never sold.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Something like that. Dr. Mario (maybe Japan licence issues blocked Tetris & Dr. Mario?), Super Punch Out, Wario's Woods, Columns, and Tetris Attack (too similar to Panel de Pon presumably) also didn't have a normal release. Though I might be getting this confused with Satellaview.
    I thought they were released as separate games, but maybe you're right. Tetris might not have been released.
    However, Wario's Woods and Yoshi's Panel de Pon were Satellaview releases.
    Curious that Final Fight 1 and 2 were Nintendo Power releases but not Tough (3). Maybe that's why it's so much more expensive?

How about Power Sokoban? That one was also released on Nintendo Power months before the standard cart release.
    I got a MaskROM cart for something like $10 and shipping.
    Sutte Hakkun? I got a MaskROM cart for like $50.
    I only guess the FE5 MaskROM cart is so much expensive because it was a very late release (September 1999 for NP, 2000 for MaskROM). And that apparently it was only available in the non-Deluxe Set boxed release.
    Last edited by SparTonberry; 10-24-2011 at 11:07 AM.