Thread: Aliens Infestation DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Aliens Infestation DS

Has anyone else bought this great game? It is a awesome metroidvania style shooter with awesome sprite work from WayWard, the maker of Shantae, and a boy and his blob for the wii.

The one thing i dont like about it is the instruction manual, its a paper manual, but printed on the inside is printed "the full instruction manual for this game can be downloaded from:"

that is sooo not cool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want this game. After seeing the Video on the Nintendo Channel on the Wii, I was quite happy. Nice to see an Alien game that isn't a FPS for a change. Might end up being the best Alien game since Alien 3. (Not Knocking Alien Trilogy or Alien VS Predator though.)

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Yeah I totally wanna grab this, it sounds great. Truth be told, Alien 3 on the SNES was a bit similar to this. While it's probably not as good, it may be worth checking out if you enjoy Alien Infestation.

Edit: Blammo! Ordered it.
    Last edited by Graham Mitchell; 10-21-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I picked it up on Amazon, it's only 22 bucks. I'm really digging it so far as it reminds me of Metroid Fusion. The atmsophere and sound effects are incredible so far and the plot is actually pretty good.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I finally got to spend about 45 minutes with it last night and it's pretty solid. I totally agree with the Metroid Fusion comparison.

My only gripe with it is that they gave all the squad members very distinct personalities but when you use them they're all essentially the same sprite with a pallette swap. Weak.

It's certainly not on the level of Dawn of Sorrow or Metroid Zero Mission, but it's good, and way the playfield is set up is rather unique. It's more dependent on ladders and elevators than hardcore platforming like metroid or Castlevania. The focus is instead on combat, which is quick and looks good (the Queen Xenomorph kicked my ass, by the way.) If you're dying for a new side-scrolling adventure game, this is for you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dairugger View Post
    The one thing i dont like about it is the instruction manual, its a paper manual, but printed on the inside is printed "the full instruction manual for this game can be downloaded from:"

that is sooo not cool!
    Really? Seriously? So now these publishers are too cheap to give us a full instruction manual for a straight-forward action DS game?

This is the first DS game that I've considered paying full price for in a long time.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah the manual sucks. it just shows the controller setup, thats it.

i think the reason for all the marines having the same ability is because the game has perma deaths, once a marines been killed theyre gone!, you can rescue some tho, but the game will autosave the game, so usually theyre dead.

but the game is a great metroidvania type game with a great story, and hey, you get to drive the powerlifter! thats always badass!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked his up but still havent got around to playing it yet. I hope to give it a go in the next few weeks.