Thread: Pre-order Sonic Generations on Steam, receive classic Sonic games free [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Pre-order Sonic Generations on Steam, receive classic Sonic games free [Joystiq]

Today has been a pretty good news day for the dusty old codgers here at Joystiq; not only will the original Sonic the Hedgehog be included in Sonic Generations as an unlockable, but Steam has gone and sweetened the nostalgia pot by giving away Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic 3 and Knuckles with every Generations pre-order.

Sonic Generations hits Steam November 4, but the pre-order bonuses become instantly available at check-out. And look at it this way, even if Generations ends up being a flop, you can tell yourself you spent 30 dollars on two Genesis ports, which is a much more palatable sense of disappointment.

[Thanks, Prezten!]Pre-order Sonic Generations on Steam, receive classic Sonic games free originally appeared on Joystiq on Sun, 23 Oct 2011 18:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Sonic 3D Blast though coupled with Sonic 3 and Knuckles? And it's not the Saturn version, so bleh.

I commend their sales pitch though, good way to push sales through Steam rather than on consoles. Only thing is, playing consoles games on the PC isn't very fun.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Ugh...

If you're going to buy it, don't do it for the preorder. The emulator Sega uses in their Genesis collection isn't very good. And since Sega keeps milking the franchise and refuses to lower the price on the Genesis Sonic games...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I'd be amazed if anyone doesn't already have the previous Sonic games in some form already. The entire Sonic collection has already been ported to the PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, DS, etc. I'm not sure if 3D Blast was included in those collections, but it's really the weaker game in the original series(though I still like it).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

If you'd preordered it a week ago, you could have had it for $10 less instead. See the Daily Deals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I'd be amazed if anyone doesn't already have the previous Sonic games in some form already. The entire Sonic collection has already been ported to the PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, DS, etc. I'm not sure if 3D Blast was included in those collections, but it's really the weaker game in the original series(though I still like it).
    Sonic 3D Blast is on the Sonic Mega Collection Plus on the PS 2 for sure, and on the PS 3 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, so it can be had other ways.