Thread: Kirby Return to Dreamland (Wii)

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Kirby Return to Dreamland (Wii)

Played the original on Gameboy, played the sequel too, and Kirby Wii doesn't disappoint. Hal hits the mark on most of everything I liked about in the early Kirby games...with extras.

The super weapons are my favorite bit (so far) as it implies a double-winner. Super-destructive, screen-filling, awesome fun coupled by hidden zones and extra boss battles unlocked via said super weapon. It's exhilarating!

I'm typing as I just finished the first major story arc ala singer player (and glad it wasn't a 5-level game) and will continue tomorrow as I'll probably add more.

So, there's nothing much to say except...does anyone else playing (or watching videos) like how sharper and crisper they made the game compared to similar titles like Super Mario Galaxy, where everything appears heavily-smoothed? (I know awkward question. What can I say? I'm a 'little things' kind of guy.)
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a fan of the series, I'm loving it so far! The super weapons are pure dead brilliant, really adding good pinch of extra magic to an already lovely game. The widescreen looks great, and the Wiimote shaking adds, rather than subtracts, from the game play so I am more than pleased. I've yet to play it with multiple people, but my hope is that my girlfriend will join me in a game and become hooked on Kirby. Right now, I'm only on stage 1-3. This right here is one of the reasons that Nintendo will remain an icon in video games for years and years to come. Their franchises are simply fantastic. Yeah, Hal!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    So, there's nothing much to say except...does anyone else playing (or watching videos) like how sharper and crisper they made the game compared to similar titles like Super Mario Galaxy, where everything appears heavily-smoothed? (I know awkward question. What can I say? I'm a 'little things' kind of guy.)
    I haven't played Galaxy as I am not too big of a fan of First Person/3D platforming, especially with a sacred series like Super Mario that was originally 2D. All whining aside, the game looks stunning. They did an excellent job replicating a cartoon-like look, and I wish I was a little kid playing this, but I suppose being a kid at heart will ahve to be good enough.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I'm up to World 3 right now, and so far, it's a blast. It's a tad on the easy side right now, but I do expect the last worlds (as well as those Challenge Stages), to provide a bit more of a challenge. I need to have some friends over to try out multi-player mode, too.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the game is a bit easy, but, fortunately, I am still enjoying the game immensely. Right now, I am on the third world and the game's magic is still warming the cockles of my heart. I'm trying to beat a world a day to stretch out the experience, since there is probably only five or possibly six worlds.

The Ninja Bonus Game is tons of fun. This alone has upped its replay value. I hope the next bonus game that I am on the cusp of unlocking is just as awesome.

I plan on inviting/kidnapping some friends to come over and play this with me. I recently purchased a Motion Plus Wiimote, so I'm up to three Wiimotes that can be handed out to friends.
    Last edited by treismac; 10-29-2011 at 09:33 AM.