Thread: An absolute must have issue of a gaming magazine!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default An absolute must have issue of a gaming magazine!

A little while ago, I bought some old gaming magazines from a guy on the net. After getting into Retro Gaming, I thought that I would also enjoy looking at the old magazines. One of the issues that was in the stack was Next-Generation issue No. 12. This is their December 1995 issue. All I can say, is that this is an absolute must have issue, if you are a Retro Gamer that is interested at all, in the time period when the Playstation and Saturn and 3DO and Atari Jaguar were all on the market going head to head.

This issue really is amazing. As amazing anyways as a random issue of an old gaming magazine can be. This issue has special features on the Playstation, the Saturn, the 3DO, the Jaguar and Jag CD, the Neo-Geo CD, the Virtual Boy, the 32X, the CD-I, the M2 and the then named Ultra 64. Although in this same issue, it's revealed that the name will actually be the Nintendo 64.

It's got a 32 page report that details the pros and cons of each next generation system. Because it's the December issue, it's got 223 pages of gaming lore.

If there is someway that you can get your hands on this particular issue, I would highly recommend it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know that issue. I had it a long while ago (actually in 95) and I remember it had a great layout of the systems. I always liked Next Gen...great magazine. And it had a cool smooth cover to boot!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, Next-Gen is kinda interesting in that they seem to cover the hardware almost more than the software, and they are always talking about who is going to win the video game war, and what new systems are on the horizon. And when it came to games, they could hype up a game and make it seem like this huge technological breakthrough, like no other.

One of the main reasons I like Next-Gen, was because I didn't feel embarresed to be 25 years old and reading a video game mag. Unlike say GamePro or EGM, that look like they are designed for 11 year olds.