Thread: Can someone tell me what this is?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Can someone tell me what this is?

So I found this SFII Anniversary box set thing on eBay.

Okay, I can see one of the items is a book, and the other is a game DVD... so... what is this set? Why have I never heard of it, and what all is included? Can anyone point me to some info?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I actually have this. But naturally, I can't really tell you all about it (I bought it because it was cheap, SF related and cool looking... always a fine way to put your money) but I'll take a look at when I get home if no one else offers any insight.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Its expensive and their feed back is lack luster... and its coming from bangkok...
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Seller quote: "It a Good Item Find So Hard"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I can see the seller isn't that trustworthy. But this is an item I've seen around a lot and I'm wondering what it is and if it features anything that would be of interest to a Street Fighter fan.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

It'd help if I remembered to check this last night. Attempt to remember take #2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I sometimes forget things too. You're not the only one.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Ok, here's some pics. I'll skip the front and back of the box, those are pretty well shown in the auction. My picture taking skills don't exist so please excuse the quality.

This seems to be a 15th anniversary limited edition of SFII Hyper Fighting for the PS2. Whether or not there is regular edition of this, I couldn't say. The copy in the eBay auction is NOT complete!

Here's a better shot of the front cover. It's a Street Fighter encyclopedia, more or less. It cover SF1 all the way to SF3: Third Strike. Here's some pics inside. The first is a chart of appearances in all the games. Neat.

Now the rest of the stuff. The two DVD cases are the game itself and some sort of Gamest DVD that I can't even decipher what it could possibly be. It has SSFIIX mentioned on the back then "Street Fighter 89", yet it has a screencap of Final Fight. These are sealed and I'm not motivated enough to pop them into a DVD player (assuming they are not region coded?)

Next up are two flyers that were in the box. What they entail, I couldn't say. Maybe the first is warnings and the second is about anime?

Here's a "better" shot of the mousepad. All chicks!

And finally, what truly makes the set incomplete.... it's missing the Chun Li armbands cellphone strap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I can read a little bit of the Japanese on the box, and it mentions that "Street Fighter '89" was the original title for Final Fight.

And I think it *is* a gamest DVD... that's what the text along the left seems to say. It seems to be something you watch, so it might be some guy doing a really awesome playthru of the game.

Incidentally yeah, there is a regular edition that is just the game by itself. There is also a version I've seen that comes with the Darkstalkers collection.
    Last edited by Edmond Dantes; 11-02-2011 at 11:31 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

The book's name is "All About Street Fighter".

That Gamest video is Region 2 NTSC, so it won't play no regular US DVD sets.

The flyer on the left seems to say the name of the book and some stuff about the DVD. The flyer on the right has pictures of the Street Fighter II animated movie that had the robots and opened with Ryu and Sagat fighting.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 11-03-2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

All in all, this sounds like something a hardcore SFII fan should have.

I found another one from an American seller that seems to have everything, but unfortunately I can't afford it this month. Maybe I'll get a lot of Christmas money.