Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post
    Heh, I just thought it funny that I found 2 sealed Mac games practically next to each other. Oh well...
    You'll still make back your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Oh I'm sure, was just unaware of the comparative values is all.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    It's always great when something you've been trying to find for years finally shows up. In my case, this arrived today, purchased off eBay for something like $25 shipped...

A TI Touch & Tell. Nothing all that spectacular about that, they can be found. However let's see what it includes. The two overlays for the built in activities - yep. The manual along with World of Transportation with all of its overlays - yep. All About Me with all of its overlays and manual - yep. Oh, and what's this? The super rare E.T. cartridge with all four of its overlays AND the manual? Mm-hmm.

Years ago we had one of these when my sisters were really little. I have no idea what happened to it but I remember the E.T. activities and never coming across that setup ever again. Once in a blue moon an E.T. cartridge will show up with a Touch & Tell but rarely does it have the required overlays, and even if it does, the lot usually only includes one.

I can't believe the bidding stayed so low. One of those loose E.T. carts was with another lot a few months ago and I dropped out at around $50.

Now I can "find the delicious candy" whenever I want. Youth preserved. And hey, it's another Touch & Tell saved from some jackass circuit bender that would just hack it up, make it non-functional, and then try to sell it on eBay for $200. I swear, there are some electronics that I would dig through thrift stores all day to find - that they will destroy.
    Circuit bending is cool, but only when the toy isn't as hard to find as that.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Heh, I just thought it funny that I found 2 sealed Mac games practically next to each other. Oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Oh I'm sure, was just unaware of the comparative values is all.
    This is one of those cases where I understand the demand difference on a technical basis, but in non-collector reality it is really absurd.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

b-day gift to myself that i found at my pawn shop today for $80

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

There's a new game store in south Fort Worth off McCart Avenue south of I-20 called Evolution Games (JeffG's probably familiar with it) where I picked up Supreme Warrior for the Sega 32X CD for $14.99, and Populous for the Sega CD for $14.99. That store's only been open a few months, and the last time I checked them out they didn't have much of anything. This trip they had a healthy selection of Sega CDs.

I didn't find anything in thrifts today, but I saw something odd. An asian man, most likely in his 60s, was at the VHS tape shelf and he was tearing open a movie box. He folded it up and stuck it in his pocket. I briefly saw the title, My Father The Hero. I pulled the movie out of my distant memory where shitty movies get buried... a movie with a seriously underage Katherine Heigl who's pretending her father is really her lover to try and attract some dude at the vacation spot they're at. She spends most of the movie in swimwear, which of course is all over the cover.... ewwww. The old guy wants to whack off to a 14 year old Katherine Heigl.... I guess his wife would get pissed if he was watching the movie, so he only stole the VHS case. Creepy. Or maybe he's going to beat off to Gerard Depardieu, a way more disturbing thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Movie Trading Co. / Vintage Stock is having a B2G1 Free sale this weekend. Why? Who knows. Well I stopped in and dug around for awhile but didn't see anything crazy awesome except a Dreamcast game I've never seen before. I looked around and eventually found a couple others to buy:

King of Fighters: Dream Match 99
    Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox) - mint complete
    Green Hornet (Blu Ray)

Then I went to Target, who is also having a B2G1 free sale on all Videogames. Picked up:

Driver Renegade (3DS) - $19.99
    Biggest Loser (xbox Kinect) - $19.99
    3rd Birthday (PSP) - free

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

So yesterday it was impossible for me to go to the US. The line was insanely long at 6:30 AM because there's been several bomb threats made at the local border crossing - so everyone and their mother is being checked over to see if they're carrying explosives or drugs. I just went back home.

Today, though, the border was mostly empty so I crossed over in two minutes. I hate my local border crossing. Bleh. Anyway. I found nothing at the flea markets, but I checked out my mailbox, where I found this:

Ghostbusters for PS2, basically free from Goozex. The guy sent it on the 3rd and it got here today. It's in good shape. I pirated this a while back and figured it was worth owning, crashes and all, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

So, I've been on a Mega Man kick lately; as I picked up the following:

- Mega Man X (Super NES. Loose in very good condition): $10
    - Mega Man X5 (PlayStation. Complete in very good condition): $12
    - Rockman X3 (Super Famicom. Loose): €45 (Approx. $61)

The copy of Rockman X3 was bought off some friends of mine in France; who are selling off their Super NES collection because their system died. Thus, I may have paid a bit more than the average going rate for a Japanese copy of X3, but I was willing to splurge a bit to help a friend out).

As for the copy of the first MMX, that was bought as a gift (I already own a copy)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I had a chance to get Pikman 2 for $5 today but forgot it was valuable. Kicking myself a little over that.

Did get The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition and Mario Kart Double Dash for $5 each though. The Legend of Zelda CE is the "Not For Resale" Promotional version. Don't know if that makes a difference or not but I'm not up to date on my Gamecube stuff. Sucks too because I might have found some other great buys.

Only other item I found today was a loose Game Gear for $3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX View Post
    So, I've been on a Mega Man kick lately; as I picked up the following:

- Mega Man X (Super NES. Loose in very good condition): $10
    - Mega Man X5 (PlayStation. Complete in very good condition): $12
    - Rockman X3 (Super Famicom. Loose): €45 (Approx. $61)

The copy of Rockman X3 was bought off some friends of mine in France; who are selling off their Super NES collection because their system died. Thus, I may have paid a bit more than the average going rate for a Japanese copy of X3, but I was willing to splurge a bit to help a friend out).

As for the copy of the first MMX, that was bought as a gift (I already own a copy)
    Um, "a bit"? I thought it was closer to $20... But what do I know heh.
    Lum fan.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    aksahsalahs
    PSN
    aksahsalahs

I think today was my find of the year for me. It started off quite crappy cause I was foolish and didn't count my change I received from my first purchase.

Atomic Purple GBC W/ Tom & Jerry - $15 should have been $10, but I didn't count my change.

Next up, RROD 360 w/HDD - $20

And finally...My personal find of the year so far. It started out as me only seeing like 3 of them in the bucket they were in, I kept pulling them out one after one. It ended up being 96 of them. All brand new.

96 various PSX Lightspan games - $45

The lady originally wanted $1 for each, but after I counted them, I offered $45 (all I had) at about $.50($.46 to be exact) a piece. It took some convincing, even had to turn my pockets out and show her my now empty wallet, but she agreed.
    Last edited by shalashaska; 11-05-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    They re-released Adventures of Link during the NES lifespan?

Nice Gameboy Color, and unrelated, but where did you get that Catherine poster-thing? Was it in a collector's edition?
    I know Adventure of Link was re-released (along with the first Zelda, Punch-Out! and Metroid) as the "Classic Series" late in its life (which is also where the yellow-label Metroids are from).
    But I thought that was the gray cart print of AoL (and they only gray cart print).

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

RUSH Flea Market Run..

Todays my Sons Birthday,with an afternoon party planned I was to hit the flea and some garage sales early..

That didn’t work out as my hunting partner(dad) decided to cancel early this morning..(he’s losing the hunting drive)

Having had to go out for Party items we forgot I took a quick poke at a town flea market on the way..

The turnout was huge,way more then I expected..I took a quick poke run with my Son just looking for items I could clearly see with no time to go box digging..Some things in my interest I didn’t bother asking price or things were way over the top in price,seems the cold makes people raise prices.

Found a Dreamcast $20.00 firm...passed it up as I have a few,and I don’t have good luck getting more then $15.00 for them..
    PS2 system one controller..$60.00..passed as the kid thought I was going to buy it,he had a bag all ready to go..

walking quick through the first isle I get to the end ,rushing with my wife waiting in the van I spot an SNES game on a pile of junk in a crate..Usually the game always is an old sports title so I almost kept walking but it was Zelda.
    .....when I moved out the Naked Barbie dolls and teddy bears I came across a bunch of SNES & N64 games,looking through them I spot games I want..Price $3.00 each..I haggle to $2.00 each,the guy says he will do $2 each if I buy a lot.
    Frustrated on what to buy at 2-3 a pop I ask to but the whole crate for a cheaper bulk price..(he says ok) clearing out anything to not do with games(candles, etc..

After doing all that he wants $50.00..I haggle,haggle,haggle to $40.00 and make the purchase..

In the Crate was all the
    SNES games
    N64 Games
    NES,SNES dual power supply
    SNES AV
    SNES controller
    PSP Movie
    N64 System,PS,AV Two Controllers(I have an original box for this that I plan to sell it in)

Not sure where the SNES system went as everything in the crate is for one..

As I was rush running to leave,I spot a pile of dirty PS2 systems..Whoa,hit the brakes..$5.00 each..

..I picked up a Racing Flag for $1.00..this way when I lose a MiniGP Racing Race my Son can wave me on like I won..

I missed the other isles..I will never know if I passed up anything good...

party
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=9b22e0be8a

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

went to 3 thrift stores today and got skunked. Outdoor flea markets are going to start tapering off, since it's starting to get cold out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I picked up these yesterday(all loose):
    Genesis: Tiny Toons, X-men, Mickey Mouse and the Pagemaster for 2.50 each
    N64: Castlevania for 3.50
    Xbox: Knights of the Old Republic and Oddworld Stranger's Wrath both complete for 2.50 each

Then I bought 7000 MS points from Real Canadian Super Store for 50 because they are half price. If anyone is in need of points its a great time to pick some up.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Oh, nothing much, just a CIB Sega SG-1000 II for $153 + 80 shipping from Japan...
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some new pick ups ^_^

Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up these for $2 apiece at a local pawn shop two days ago. All were complete except LB2 was missing the manual. The lady who works there, and typically sets the prices on 360 and PS3 games at $10, was on vacation. Best PS3 deal I've ever ran across I suppose.

Portal 2
    Little Big Planet 2
    God of War Collection

I passed on a couple of other lesser titles that I probably should have picked up...

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At the flea market:

Street Fighter II (SNES) $20 (complete in box)
    Donkey Kong (NES - original) $29 (inc. Yoshi's Cookie)
    Yoshi's Cookie (NES) - with Donkey Kong
    Xbox Console $40
    Sudeki (Xbox - complete) $5
    Sneak King (Xbox - complete) $15 (w/Burnout 3)
    Burnout 3 (Xbox - complete) see above

I know I didn't get the best deal I could have gotten had I went to eBay or Amazon, but I actually wanted to just get a few SNES games (without the dust covers) so I could use the set of three dust covers I bought a while back without realizing I didn't need them!

I made the pilgrimage to the local flea market yesterday with that goal in mind. I got there too early and the place was mostly dead. I was about to give up until I spied a couple vendors who sold video games that I usually pass up because they want too much.

The first vendor had the usual stuff that was locked away in a case with no prices. I started getting prices of $25 for Contra (loose) and $20 for Mike Tyson's Punch Out (loose). He had Street Fighter II (SNES) complete for $20 so I bought that and moved on.

Another vendor had a bunch of largely forgettable games for the newer systems but also had the classic stuff. Finding nothing in SNES land, I decided to look at what is in his case (locked of course). I noticed Yoshi's Cookie (NES) and Donkey Kong (NES). He wanted $35 for Donkey Kong and $10 for Yoshi's Cookie. I was ready to walk away. He dropped it down to $30 for Donkey Kong but wouldn't budge on Yoshi's Cookie. I was just going to get Yoshi's Cookie but he didn't seem too thrilled about it. (It probably had to do with the scuzzy vendor who bought a Halo edition of the Xbox 360 for $100.) I offered $29 for the pair (knowing I was insane for doing so) and he went for it.

I noticed the Xbox as I was about to leave. He wanted $45 for it and was going to give a game with it for $5. He tested out the system and it was working but the game I selected (Dead or Alive 3...I needed something to impress my girlfriend with afterall since she loved Dead or Alive 2 for the Dreamcast). We succeeded by picking a different game. I got Sudeki for $5 and decided to see if anything else was good. He wanted $14 for one game but bargained and said he would do the three games for $20 and would give the Xbox for $40 with a controller and the hookups. I decided to go for it. I spent a fortune (well, more than I planned to anyway) but I am happy.

I ordered a dust cover for Donkey Kong (since it didn't have one), the manual for Yoshi's Cookie (can't find the manual for Donkey Kong online....yet), the DVD kit for the Xbox, a component cable for the Xbox, Dead or Alive 3 (Xbox), and Midtown Madness 3 (Xbox).

I am going to go back today and poke my head around. I may even go to Goodwill even though I have very little luck.

On a side note....if anyone has the original Donkey Kong manual they want to part with shoot me a pm!
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)