Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THIS GAME Needs to be Remade for Modern Consoles - Nomination Time

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default THIS GAME Needs to be Remade for Modern Consoles - Nomination Time

We're going to have a little opinion contest/survey/tourney. As the title says it is called "THIS GAME Needs to be Remade for Modern Consoles" or TGNRMC for short.

How the nomination period works: People will nominate games for consideration. Each nomination needs a description pleading the case of what the game is and why it needs a remake for modern consoles including some of the improvements. Nominations may include concept art to help try to "sell" the idea but it is not required.

How the tourney period works: Two games will go mano-a-mano per thread with people voting for their favorite. The winners of each bracket will face off against the other winners in the following brackets until only the winning "champion game" remains.

The rules: One nomination entry per person. Nominations must be 128 words or less. Only the first 16 nominations will be accepted. Duplicate nominations will be discarded with only the first nomination per game taken. There will be one tourney match per day until a final winner is decided. All "champion games" are ineligible for future "THIS GAME Needs to be Remade" tournaments.

-----

This thread is for game nominations. Please reply to the thread now to nominate your favorites! Time is ticking!

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Space Harrier. It could be closer to Planet Harriers in graphics, and I'd like to see the P Dragoon-style 'total cockpit' gameplay with that kind of speed. The dragons could make coils around you, fly past you... perhaps even allow you to actually control your course, so you would have to chase things down tight corridors and like like. The speed of the original needs to be present, but amped way up. Different weapons, armor, levels... A lot of what we saw in Planet, but in a DVD case instead of the garage. And of course, Online Multiplayer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kung-Fu Master (or Kung-Fu for the NES). The game is timeless. Freshen up the graphics a bit, do a few different takes on the theme song, create new enemies, throw in some characters other than Thomas (maybe a few video game celebrity guest appearances ala SMB Crossover), add a bonus game or two, and I think the game would pop.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think a sequel or remake of Metal Storm (NES) could kick all kinds of ass.
    Last edited by burn_654; 11-07-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Double Dragon needs to be remade, and soon. I know we got Double Dragon Advance, but a true next-gen beat-em up with HD graphics would be amazing. It could be hybrid 2D and 3D stages, have an 80's-inspired videogame soundtrack. Add in a few special moves, and you could have a classic on your hands.

Much like Pac-Man Championship Edition, this could bring back great memories and give us a brand-new game to enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Robowarrior / Bomber King desperately needs a modern remake. It could even just be remade with the same old school play style, making it a good candidate for a downloadable re-imagining. The single player mode in Bomberman games sucks, Robowarrior was the spin off that aimed to change that. I've always thought the game would have done far better as an arcade title than on the NES and a modern remake would open the floodgates for online achievements, levels with multiple exits, maybe even a level editor. Although it did have a GB sequel, Bomber King: Scenario 2 (released in the US as Blaster Master Boy), either a remake or third game is something we need.

For the box art, something along the lines of the Famicom box art would even be fine...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

River City Ransom needs a update

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

I think I am the only one in this world that thinks this. But I feel Zombies Ate My Neighbors needs a remake.
    Bring it up to fps status. 2nd person. 3rd person whatever.. Full 3d nice graphics. I personally have been told I am crazy for it but I could actually see it being a serious game vs the comedy style game even though I know thats what made the original a classic. But come on who wouldn't want a level where your creeping along a hedge maze and then all sudden some maniac with a chainsaw just cuts right through and chasing you and when you think hes alone another cuts you off and you get that feeling of "shit what do I do?!?!?!"
    Or out running giant sand worms (tremors style).
    Only thing that would have to go is the giant baby. Outside of that do it up.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Shenmue

With today's graphical capabilities, living the everyday life of Ryo could be more real than ever before.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to see maybe a new Wizards and Warriors or Kid Icarus. I was hoping for them on the SNES, but it never happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Super Mario RPG

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Burning Rangers !!
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink - www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) SonicBoom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonicsalt99 (PS, I'm Not on a lot)
    PSN
    Sonicsalt99

AfterBurner
    I Need a life....Wait! I DO HAVE ONE! CLASSIC GAMES ARE!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

X-Com

'nuff said.

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post
    Shenmue

With today's graphical capabilities, living the everyday life of Ryo could be more real than ever before.
    Yes!

Runner up would be Blast Corps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

Eternal Champions challenge from the dark side. Do this game up like the new Mortal Kombat and you would have one good game.
    SEGA!

Insert Coin (Level 0) riderpool's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    riderkidDA
    PSN
    riderkid98

little nemo, i would love for this to be remade with a cel shaded anime look to it like the timeless movie
    I believe in a thing called DIVORCE

www.riderkid.deviantart.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tralalère

StarTropics Reborn !

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's been quite some time since Koei has released anything that isn't Dynasty Warriors like and this is extremely unfortunately, but one game I'd really like to see remade is Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

With next gen technology, I think Romance of the Three Kingdoms could be far better than ever before. Now as for the style of RotK7, I hope they don't ever go back to that, but take the base game of RotK6 and exand on it, and then whenever you go to war, allow it to be Kessen 2 style.

When you're in war, you set up your troops first, but let's say you were only notified of an advancing army while they were at the gates. Or maybe you have scouts out there that are aware of an advancing army past the halfway marker. You should be able to choose where you meet your army, but not only that, depending on the amount of time you had to prepare, maybe have a few extra options to lure your enemy into a pit, or maybe have a group hide in a group of trees. Basically a sort of fog of war system where you can only see a certain distance depending on whats ahead.

So after everything is set up for battle. Battles take place in real time Kessen or Kessen 2 style. You can use battle skills to rally your allies, archers fire from way back, etc.

Not only would it be a great game single player, it could also play online. In order to integrate it online to play much faster, all players take their months turn at the exact same time. At the end of the month, any players that are attacking another city the battles all take place at the same time, so any other player that's not part of those battles could watch, but no troop locations or trap locations will be visible until both players have visibility of them. That way you don't have one of the other players in game cheating by messaging one of the other players and telling him where he's about to be ambushed, etc.

While the game would be pretty slow paced online. Having all players take turns at once and battle at the end at once alleviates this. Maybe set a time limit so players only get a specific time so they can't take too long of a time. If one player is attacked there could be say five minutes to set everything up and everyone who isn't set up to battle is automatically set to retreat to the nearest location if applicable.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 11-08-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

*edit*

Nevermind. Stupid 500 errors.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.