Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COD: Modern Warfare 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default COD: Modern Warfare 3

The biggest game release of the year doesn't have it's own thread? You know, the game that will outsell Battlefield 3 by atleast 2 to 1 and outsell almost everything else by 3 to 1 or more? For shame DP, for shame.

All kidding aside, I'm getting my copy after work tomorrow. I have a very busy day but I'm still going to play it when I get home. Who else is picking this one up?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Whats funny is that your probably right on the sales figures, COD has such a massive following at this point that I wouldn't doubt something like this happening.

I might not be picking it up tomorrow but I have it preordered so within the week or so, kinda bummed since my regular "crew" has largely gone their separate ways but this game still looks to be a ton of fun.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

I'll be getting an Xbox soon and my hard drive mailed to me in a week or so. I'll see if I can find the US Hardened edition around here for a decent price.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

Picked it up at midnight. It's pretty good multiplayer wise. Solid play. I would call it more like a MW2.5. Seems like same game with new weapons and new killstreak options. Even the menus are exactly the same. They fixed some things like weapon damage and some things they didn't touch. Was surprised that they didn't do what black ops did with the screen markers (ABC) where they would disappear so now they will get in your way again, but thats minor. Its not bad and it's fun, but I didn't get the "new experience" feel I am used to.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Rented through GameFly, should be here today. Playing the campaign, might try multiplayer. If that sticks, then a purchase might be considered...but I'm not holding my breath over it.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Can someone explain COD Elite for me? I know you get one free year with the Hardened Edition, but does that make it premium? I know premium gives you all the map packs, but is that just for the year you are subscribed?
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!

Insert Coin (Level 0) riderpool's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    riderkidDA
    PSN
    riderkid98

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Can someone explain COD Elite for me? I know you get one free year with the Hardened Edition, but does that make it premium? I know premium gives you all the map packs, but is that just for the year you are subscribed?
    yeah but barely, from what i can tell its actually for 9 months of DLC, you get double clan xp and contests but to me who takes his time in every map this might be a good purchase, the hardened knocks 10 dollars+tax off the price as well so that 15 dollars saved versus buying it in 2 parts.
    I believe in a thing called DIVORCE

www.riderkid.deviantart.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

So when everyone says they get all the map packs with the Elite membership, they are assuming map packs will be released within that year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    So when everyone says they get all the map packs with the Elite membership, they are assuming map packs will be released within that year?
    They already said there are 4 map packs this year, so for suckers like me who normally buy them the "elite" subscription makes sense to save 10 bucks on them.

That being said I only bought 1 year of Elite and highly doubt I will continue it afterward. All I need are those 4 map packs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll probably rent it or something for the single player. As much as I think CoD sucks for MP I do think the SP campaigns are well made action thrillers worth playing at least once.

I was watching some streams on twitchtv, MP looks pretty much the same as MW2 but I am mildly interested to hear what some of players who's opinions I do trust like Hutch say about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Picked it up at midnight. To me the multiplayer plays more like Black Ops. Fast, run and gun and you can't carry a shot gun with a rifle which sucks. Now I have to get back to playing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

I won't be playing it for awhile, as it turns out that all the loser game scalpers hit the stores early and grabbed up ALL of the Hardened Editions for Xbox!! And I mean ALL of them - Walmart, Target, and any small game shops are sold out but surprisingly there are a TON on Craigslist for $150-200. Hmm. Coincidence?

I hope they get stuck with them - I'll wait until they restock next week to get my Hardened Edition. I think the inclusion of the Elite DLC plus the Art book makes it worth it for me.

I don't need it today anyway since I'm still only about 2 hours into Battlefield 3 campaign..

Insert Coin (Level 0) riderpool's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    riderkidDA
    PSN
    riderkid98

hey anyone up for a game of survival tonight? my tag is RiderkidDA
    I believe in a thing called DIVORCE

www.riderkid.deviantart.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never preorder at Gamestop. I only did it because I found a cheap copy of Gears of War 3 at Goodwill a week ago and got $30 trade towards MW3. I also had a $5 preorder credit so paying $25 in cash for the biggest release of the year seemed like a no brainer.

I stopped by Gamestop around 2:30 during my break hoping to pick up my copy. Unfortunately they had like a 16 or 20 person line and I had four more stores to do for my job. So I left and finished up all my stores and returned back to Gamestop around 7 pm. Not only did they still have a line but it had somehow became five times longer and extended to outside the store and across to the next store. There was no way I was going to wait for 1 to 2 hours in line, they didn't even have any amusement park rides.

I was pretty pissed when I left there but I decided to just get my copy from Best Buy. I can pick up my preorder copy in a few days(hopefully there will be no lines then) and then return that one back to Best Buy. But I definitely learned my lesson: no more Gamestop preorders. Granted, everyone had lines today but none of the stores I came across had one as long as Gamestop.

Edit: I know there are extras in the hardened edition but if you just buy the $49.99 COD elite card for XBL you also get 4000 Microsoft points with it. Thats the normal price that 4000 Mp would cost you so you could look at it as either buying 4000 points and getting a free year of elite or paying for elite and getting 4000 points free. You'll still get all the map packs and access to exclusive contents but you will miss out on the steelcase, war journal, juggernaut code and whatever else comes with the hardened edition.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 11-08-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Not only has Activision already announced the next Call of Duty, this video shows the building from Pipeline in Modern Warfare reused in Modern Warfare 3. I bet you they have some sort of Tony Hawk or RPG Maker map designer thing going on. Maybe 100 premade buildings where they just throw them around everywhere and call them a stage, because look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Not only has Activision already announced the next Call of Duty, this video shows the building from Pipeline in Modern Warfare reused in Modern Warfare 3. I bet you they have some sort of Tony Hawk or RPG Maker map designer thing going on. Maybe 100 premade buildings where they just throw them around everywhere and call them a stage, because look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s
    Wow. I think I'm more impressed with the fact that he caught it than it actually happened. Nice eye!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Wow. I think I'm more impressed with the fact that he caught it than it actually happened. Nice eye!
    If I actually ever played the single player mode and came across that building I'd have noticed in a heartbeat. It's pure 100% familiarity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Modern Warfare 3 Article

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got MW3 from Gamestop on my lunch hour in Denver. They had tons of copies and the line was only about 3 deep so I was able to get in and out pretty quick. I have not played the SP mode in MW2 but with this game decided what the heck, give it a try. Turned out to be quite fun. Lots of action and very good graphics. I then jumped to Multiplayer and really didn't feel much of a difference from MW2 to MW3. The controls seemed a tad bit smoother but not sure if they even touched the control mechanics. All in all well worth the money.

Just to add the commercial with Sam Worthington in it was pretty darn funny.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got my copy of MW3 at 8am from K-Mart. No line and no waiting in the cold. I was able to use my $20 rewards coupon from UC3 towards this and I got a total of $50 in coupons for spending more than $110 (got an extra copy for my brother).

However, I still haven't had a chance to open it up. I've been too busy just trying to get our new house ready for us to move and our current house ready for renting.