Hey everybody, I'm new here, found the forums through Google when searching for "3D Frontends". Cool forums btw

Anyways, this old topic about "3D Arcade" turned up, so I thought some of you might be interested in a program I wrote over the past couple Summers.

I loved 3D Arcade, but quickly got fed up with the Shockwave 3D graphics engine it was based on, it's lack of internet-connected features, as well as the lack of support/development for it (although the add-on cabinets that the community submits for it are very nice).

So I wrote my own, which turned out very nicely. I wrote it as a modification of the Source engine (Half-Life 2), so its damn pretty, and it also has a lot of internet features, such as the ability to automatically download screenshots and boxart for games and movies, as well linking you to places you can download/buy games or movies that you don't have yet. Oh, and did I mention it is peer-hosted multiplayer, so you can invite your friends into your virtual 3d arcade when ever you want?

Here is the full-fledged advertisement post that I put on MameWorld. Feel free to reply to this thread if you have any questions, I'll watch it for replies. Thanks for reading!

The FULL version of Source Media Arcade 2.0 has been RELEASED ONE WEEK EARLY!

Download Now!

(Click here to watch introduction video)

Experience the media browser that's fun and exciting; just like the media it launches. With Source Media Arcade you don't browse folders full of file icons, but rooms full of arcade cabinets and video screens. It even finds and displays posters and box art for your games and movies automatically by searching popular on-line databases.

Source Media Arcade is a sand-box type of mod. It comes with over 20 arcade cabinets that you can use to place shortcuts to your media items. In addition to the 4 exclusive maps, you can use it on any stock or add-on map for Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Garry's Mod, or many other Source engine games.

In multiplayer mode, you invite your friends in to browse your personalized media arcade. It helps them download the media if they don't have it, and you both can launch it right from the 3D world.

SM Arcade uses the Source engine, so you need to have Steam installed and own one of these games in order to use this mod for free.

Visit the ModDb profile for tons of videos, images, and info!

It supports any emulator that has launch options, which include ZSNES, MAME, VisualBoyAdvance, Project64, and all the other major emulators.