Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I strongly implore that everyone here buy free-range chicken and eggs if any of guys aren't already. It probably helps the economy too since the small-time farms are more likely to treat their animals with decency and respect. I really enjoyed the years in which my dad had 5 chickens. They were a lot of fun, and we had more eggs than we knew what to do with. And even the best grocery store eggs couldn't compare. I'm glad our chickens at least had good lives.
    I have only one problem with this

Ever see that episode of southpark where walmart takes over... They kill walmart and start shopping at their local general store like crazy and it becomes a walmart like industry on its own from the growth

Thats exactly what would happen to those small farms atleast the ones who see a crazy sudden increase in profit.
    Farmers gonna see a sudden increase in demand on product.. They are gonna adjust... and those humane as you call em ways of raising chickens will go out the door as they have to make room for 5x more chickens then normal.
    Its just how we are as humans. We are fine as small time buisness. But when we see a sudden increase in demand and profit we adjust and things get worse.
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 11-15-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post
    The notion that video games cause people to act out (or wear) what they see on the screen is stupid.
    You never heard of cosplay then?

PETA was right! :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    I have only one problem with this

Ever see that episode of southpark where walmart takes over... They kill walmart and start shopping at their local general store like crazy and it becomes a walmart like industry on its own from the growth

Thats exactly what would happen to those small farms atleast the ones who see a crazy sudden increase in profit.
    Farmers gonna see a sudden increase in demand on product.. They are gonna adjust... and those humane as you call em ways of raising chickens will go out the door as they have to make room for 5x more chickens then normal.
    Its just how we are as humans. We are fine as small time buisness. But when we see a sudden increase in demand and profit we adjust and things get worse.
    Well that doesn't seem to happen on our side of the globe (Europe) so I'd say your worries are unfounded. (Besides, if they start treating their animals badly they'd loose their 'free range' label and people would shop elsewhere)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PETA reminds me of a "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend". You never know when or where they will show up and what "bat-shit crazy" things they will do. You always try and avoid them, even though at one time, they seemed like a good idea. But now, they annoy and slightly scare you.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
    if they start treating their animals badly they'd loose their 'free range' label and people would shop elsewhere)
    then the next farmer would be subject to it and then so on and so on.

I mean do we feel like theres a farmer out there that would not change their ways after seeing the big financial increase possibly to their business if they adjusted?
    I mean its money. Everyone wants it. And if someone is willing to hand you more money then before your not gonna turn it down.
    It goes with the old saying. Everything has a price tag... That means even change. Its just a matter of finding it.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

And it sometimes make me regret liking this band

canadian hardcore deathmetal band "The Agonist". Female lead singer is a hardcore Peta follower. I mean shes crazy with her belief with them.
    But god damn is she hot and got good vocals hahaha

Anyways also on a side note. The one thing i will laugh at that peta did.

Was when petco put up a new stadium for San Diego Padre's. They ran a promotion where you can buy bricks and put whatever you want on these bricks.
    Peta bought a shit load and secretly wrote something along the lines of Petco Sucks or something like that. Clever and funny.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

then the next farmer would be subject to it and then so on and so on.

I mean do we feel like theres a farmer out there that would not change their ways after seeing the big financial increase possibly to their business if they adjusted?
    I mean its money. Everyone wants it. And if someone is willing to hand you more money then before your not gonna turn it down.
    It goes with the old saying. Everything has a price tag... That means even change. Its just a matter of finding it.
    You shouldn't fear change that much, farming over here in Europe is heavily regulated regarding animal treatment (but there's still room for improvement) and meat is not insanely expensive over here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I challenge all PETA members to shut down their immune systems. Microorganisms like bacteria, fungi, molds, parasites and to some extent viruses are all living things and deserve to live a complete fulfilling life! The human immune system is a ruthless killing machine for these poor cute little critters! Something must be done! I think PETA are the right people to lead by example, so I suggest they all take immuno-suppressive drugs in high dosages to stop the senseless slaughter of our microbial friends.

Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Are we seriously having an argument over the treatment of chickens, who can still live even if YOU CUT OFF THEIR HEAD?

Their pain threshold is probably something that doesn't factor in with Chickens of all animals.

And someone should take care of all those fucking stray cats that like to shit in my backyard, them and dogs (Who like to shit on my sidewalk) are the most annoying animals of all, and yet they're the most taken care of because of PETA sympathizers. Come on! How can anyone take this organization seriously?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

I remeber about 10 years ago when PETA tried boycotting KFC, their must have been 30 of them protesting at my local one. I was part of a group of 20 people who set up picnic tables outside while KFC gave us free fried chicken to eat all day in front of them.

Good times.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    I remeber about 10 years ago when PETA tried boycotting KFC, their must have been 30 of them protesting at my local one. I was part of a group of 20 people who set up picnic tables outside while KFC gave us free fried chicken to eat all day in front of them.

Good times.
    in canada i think 2 years ago they actually won believe it or not a protest against the canadian branches of KFC. They settled on a bill that states all canadian KFC branches must purchase chicken from farmers who actually do breed their chickens on a more natural setting. giving them all the room to do whatever chickens like to do other then eat/shit/nap/have the occassional cock fight.
    The singer of the band i posted above was apart of the Rally for this settlement and blogged about it on the bands website.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

in canada i think 2 years ago they actually won believe it or not a protest against the canadian branches of KFC. They settled on a bill that states all canadian KFC branches must purchase chicken from farmers who actually do breed their chickens on a more natural setting. giving them all the room to do whatever chickens like to do other then eat/shit/nap/have the occassional cock fight.
    The singer of the band i posted above was apart of the Rally for this settlement and blogged about it on the bands website.
    That totally disgusts me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Are we seriously having an argument over the treatment of chickens, who can still live even if YOU CUT OFF THEIR HEAD?

Their pain threshold is probably something that doesn't factor in with Chickens of all animals.
    Did you know that human bodies are also known to still move after beheading? Humans must have a huge pain threshold also!
    /sarcasm

And someone should take care of all those fucking stray cats that like to shit in my backyard, them and dogs (Who like to shit on my sidewalk) are the most annoying animals of all, and yet they're the most taken care of because of PETA sympathizers.
    I have more respect for a stray animal than for anyone spouting this kind of bullshit. The strays aren't to blame for their state but their former owners.

People need to learn to take responsibility for their acts.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a good thing, chickens whom are able to roam are less likely to become sick and thus not require antibiotics. Incidentally, the rise of antibiotic resistance has been linked to the usage of antibiotics in farming.

I loathe the PETA because they take things too far too often, but treating live stock with some respect and decency is the humane thing to do. After all, we have the power and choice to do so.

It's basically a question of ethics. Do you desire to limit needless suffering or not? Just as it's an ethical question whether or not it is ok to eat meat. (The answer is yes).

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

1) There kids like have more meat then 2 ounces. Trading them wouldn't make sense
    2) People whom are starving already shouldn't be eating fast food anyway as that food is:
    a) Not healthy
    b) Not really cheaper
    3) Proper treatment of animals does not always result in higher costs for the end user, but lower profits. The fat cats will have to make do with one diamond-studded swimming pool instead of two.
    4) You shouldn't fuck your dinner
    Haha @ your #1, very nice. Seriously though, I never said we should donate McD's to starving kids. However, McD's does donate lots to kids, every year. Take away their money, they can't do it any more. Not a perfect charity, but better than none.
    http://rmhc.org/

Quote Originally Posted by treismac View Post
    I would respectfully say that it isn't besides the point, Sunnyvale420. The extra money saved by McDonalds deciding to treat animals inhumane rather than human does not put food on the plates of the starving, it only makes the megarich richer. BUT!!! If it did feed one kid, I'm with you on the fornicating of chickens, sir.

If it teaches you to read :P

Some of that money does go to charities. And honestly, I don't have a problem with the rich being rich. They earned it. I don't much like Wall Street, but that's got nothing to do with supply and demand and big business, that's just plain theft.

You shouldn't fear change that much, farming over here in Europe is heavily regulated regarding animal treatment (but there's still room for improvement) and meat is not insanely expensive over here.
    http://www.theecologist.org/trial_in...heap_meat.html

People or animals, people or animals...

Seriously, idealism vs realism. Idealistically, we could all just go pick a pork chop off of a piggy-tree, sit around singing Kumbaya and playing guitar and smoking weed, no need for money or cars or vaccines or...

Besides the weed, ain't happening. Realistically, if you try to take the fat cat's profits, he gets them somewhere else. Realistically, meat is a commoditity in the world marketplace, a big one. One that's gone up quite a bit in recent years.

When world hunger isn't an issue, I'll give animal rights a serious thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post

Good times.
    HA! Good times indeed! PETA needs to boycott the sushi restaurant down the road, and the owner takes a page outta the KFC playbook.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale420 View Post
    Realistically, if you try to take the fat cat's profits, he gets them somewhere else.
    Unless, of course, guillotines are involved.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Their basic input on what needs to be done is humans should be wiped from existance so the animals can run free and do what they want.
    This sounds like a good idea after reading this:

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    The other game on there is to stop cruelty to chickens. Chickens...Are you kidding me? What is next fish? Clams? Mosquitos? If ever there was an animal whose sole purpose in life was to feed humans the chicken was it. If you take away chicken as a food source what value does it have to anyone?

Look if you want to hurt the fur trade go ahead I don't care as I'm generally warm anyway but don't go after the food that goes into my belly.
    Despicable.

-GoTaS

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, another thing. World hunger can be tackled more efficiently when everyone realizes the exorbitant amount of space and energy factory farming uses up. For every sixteen pounds of grain and soy fed to beef cattle in the United States, we only get one pound back in meat on our plates. And fuck man, we could use all this land used to grow all this grain to grow edible grains for humans to help combat world hunger several times over.

-GoTaS

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

And it sometimes make me regret liking this band

canadian hardcore deathmetal band "The Agonist". Female lead singer is a hardcore Peta follower. I mean shes crazy with her belief with them.
    But god damn is she hot and got good vocals hahaha

Anyways also on a side note. The one thing i will laugh at that peta did.

Was when petco put up a new stadium for San Diego Padre's. They ran a promotion where you can buy bricks and put whatever you want on these bricks.
    Peta bought a shit load and secretly wrote something along the lines of Petco Sucks or something like that. Clever and funny.
    She is hot. But I am quite sure the reason she wants chicken's to be well cared for is because she wants the fattest ripest ones for her blood drinking ceromony's.

Other then that, we should put all the chicken's up at the Comfort Inn. I mean really? Do you see Eithiopia complaining about how chickens are treated? Why you ask?

Because they don't give a fuck if you stack them on eachothers heads with barbed wire restraining them, to them they're either gonna get meat, or they're gonna eat the feed for the chickens. No space in starving countries for "Humane" chicken farms. Everthing is reserved for whatever agriculture they can grow.

I'm actually all about "domestic" animals. But if I was starving or my kids, I would throw my beagle in a roasting bag. (He is quite muscular, so he'd prob be chewy as hell.) Or either one of our 3 cat's for that matter, but cat's are quite dirty as far as hygiene is concearned, of course not to them as they bathe regularly. But toxoplasmosis.

To hell with chickens I say, get 'em nice and fat, cut their heads off, give the kids some entertainment while they run around the yard (As I alway's got as a small child) and eat 'em.

Chickens are not domestic animals. They are here for us, believe it or not, to use for eggs and meat. They serve no other purpose in the welfare of humans. They are not any kind of "pet" When I kept them of course they had a yard and my dog protected them, but after summer and all the eggs were gone and it was not in my best interest to economicaly feed and heat them I took them in one by one and butchered them. I slept great that night with a freezer full of chicken for the winter.

On a side note, maybe I should go collect the red ant mound outside and bring it in for the winter, I mean it is raining and shit...

I'm not gonna post the link BuyAtari, but as far as any other use for them I would just like to state that there is a link to a really funny part of The Devils Rejects.