Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    And by that they mean "We're scared shitless that Nintendo will sue our asses off so by saying it was satire our ass is covered."
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the article. I'd like to see Nintendo sue the snot out of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
    Nice fallacy you got going there mate. "Oh they're going to die anyway so we might as well take one in and chop of it's toes". People who think it's OK to declaw a cat shouldn't be allowed to own cats. It's as simple as that.
    What about being neutered?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    Yeah I was going to say my dog didn't seem to like having his balls 'chopped' off much either, but he seems to have gotton over it.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

The thing is, it doesn't make it more expensive to feed your kids, it might at worst mean you have to give them a more balanced diet, but that too is a good thing.
    I can't honestly believe you think it won't cost any more to feed my kids free-range chickens then seared-beak birds! I could go get some links to avergae proces, but ugh. You're more concerned with being 'right' than actually thinking about this. Methinks I'm done with you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    Compared to declawing this is a lot less cruel then the alternative (termination of unwanted offspring/strays)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Compared to declawing this is a lot less cruel then the alternative (termination of unwanted offspring/strays)
    If given the choice of death or having my balls cut off, kill me every time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale420 View Post
    I can't honestly believe you think it won't cost any more to feed my kids free-range chickens then seared-beak birds!
    Just how much chicken do you eat? I buy free range chicken (and free range eggs) the price difference is minimal. Drink one beer less per chicken.

I could go get some links to avergae proces, but ugh. You're more concerned with being 'right' than actually thinking about this.
    Well, It seems to work in Europe, after all, I'm not going bankrupt due to the price of chicken (despite the near 50% tax rate we have here in Belgium)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale420 View Post
    If given the choice of death or having my balls cut off, kill me every time.
    Well I guess the results would be the same, no offspring

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Whats the logic in that?

In a choice to take away one of the cats defensive measures or taking away its ability to pass on its genetic legacy I think that the former is less cruel then the latter. I would think that one would have a much larger impact on the animal then the other, not to mention the physical damage of having hormone producing glands in an animal removed. There is a reason why most pets after they have been spayed/neutered are much more docile and lethargic afterwards.

On the other hand declawing does not have to use the bone amputation process. The two other methods that I am aware of are a much less invasive surgery which cuts the tendon used to retract and expose the claw.The other being plastic/vinyl caps that, although need to be peridotically changed, prevent the cat from tearing up anything while keeping its everything intact. There are options you just keep posting up a widely shunned practice in the veterinary community regardless of country of origin.

I am personally not a fan of either practice and I agree with you that if your life changes and you are unable or are just irresponsible then you shouldn't own a pet. If you feel like you need to take these steps in order to have a pet then IMO your doing it wrong. However it does seem at others have noted that you a determined to be right regardless of anything else, its the attitude that Europeans seem to have when something comes up that has anything to do with America that they don't agree with. We get it you have a different opinion about it, you don't need to be a dick to prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    However it does seem at others have noted that you a determined to be right regardless of anything else, its the attitude that Europeans seem to have when something comes up that has anything to do with America that they don't agree with.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    In a choice to take away one of the cats defensive measures or taking away its ability to pass on its genetic legacy I think that the former is less cruel then the latter. I would think that one would have a much larger impact on the animal then the other, not to mention the physical damage of having hormone producing glands in an animal removed. There is a reason why most pets after they have been spayed/neutered are much more docile and lethargic afterwards.
    I agree with everything you say here and honestly, I see no reason to neuter an indoors cat. When it comes to cats that go outside however, then I'm in favour. I live in a rural area and there are quite a few abandoned cats around here whom aren't leading the best of lives (one of my cats is one of those strays and my previous cat was a young of a wild cat) but they still breed.

I have no idea exactly how many kittens are born around here on a yearly base, but I do know quite a few die during the first few months of their lives (if they even make it that long) and those that do live tend to die within 4 to 5 years (according to my vet).

The number of cats contaminated with immune diseases are also high.

Neutering isn't the best thing you can do to an animal but sometimes it's the best choice.

On the other hand declawing does not have to use the bone amputation process. The two other methods that I am aware of are a much less invasive surgery which cuts the tendon used to retract and expose the claw.
    I still consider that mutilation.

The other being plastic/vinyl caps that, although need to be peridotically changed, prevent the cat from tearing up anything while keeping its everything intact.
    I heard of this before but I don't know how efficient this is. These things aren't popular in my corner of the world.

I am personally not a fan of either practice and I agree with you that if your life changes and you are unable or are just irresponsible then you shouldn't own a pet. If you feel like you need to take these steps in order to have a pet then IMO your doing it wrong.
    Agreed.

However it does seem at others have noted that you a determined to be right regardless of anything else, its the attitude that Europeans seem to have when something comes up that has anything to do with America that they don't agree with. We get it you have a different opinion about it, you don't need to be a dick to prove it.
    Maybe this is a language thing, like I said, English isn't my native tongue (it's not even my second). I can be a passionate debater and sometimes I might get carried away. As for being a dick, well, nobody's perfect.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PETA wants Turkey, TX to change it's name to Tofurky.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/11/...nge-your-name/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Well I guess the results would be the same, no offspring
    I smell a poll.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158114

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Awesome

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

When I think of all the poor little animals that were killed when the forests were cut down to make vegetable fields, I just say "fuck it" and keep on chewing my burger.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

Wow, their attention whoring seriously works! Makes me wonder though: They infringe copyright and deface the mascot. How come they haven't been sued by Nintendo yet? How come the public discussion about Peta murdering puppies got so silenced?
    Fanboys destroy everything.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PETA:

An organization of trolls behind the mask of animal rights.