Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Mario 3D Land

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Super Mario 3D Land

has anyone else picked up this awesome game? i cant stop playing it, the 3ds so perfect, way better than zelda. it actually has my mother borrowing my 3ds to play!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I get when I play the 3DS is a stabbing migraine, just like all those 3D movies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you can turn it down, or even off. btw, my experience is the more time i spend playing it the less eye strain i get. i think its strengthening my eyes.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dairugger View Post
    you can turn it down, or even off. btw, my experience is the more time i spend playing it the less eye strain i get. i think its strengthening my eyes.
    I know you can turn it off but then you're stuck with basically an Nintendo DS, doesn't seem worth it if you ask me.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
    I know you can turn it off but then you're stuck with basically an Nintendo DS, doesn't seem worth it if you ask me.
    No, the 3DS is a lot more powerful than the DS, even without the 3D on.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same here. Something odd is that if I havent played it for a week or so and I turn the 3d all the way up I will get drowsy after 45 minutes or so. It's a nice way to get ready for bed though.

I picked it up on launch day but I havent had a chance to play it. I'm gonna crack it open tonight.
    Last edited by rlemmon; 11-15-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Jive3D; 07-04-2022 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've played the first few levels, its really fun - definitely recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D View Post
    Has anyone done any of the street pass stuff? I turned it on but don't really know what it does yet...
    Nope - I've never received any Street Pass hits. It probably works great in Japan with its population density, but here in Canada, nuthin

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D View Post
    Has anyone done any of the street pass stuff? I turned it on but don't really know what it does yet...

Yup. I've completed all the puzzles and am at the final boss in the dungeon crawler. I've met almost 200 people. You just need to take it to the right place. I did an anime convention earlier this year. It was like gang busters. Did CA Xtreme as well, got another 20-30 there too. Just remember if you do go to a place like that, that you can 'store' up to 10 new hits at a time before you need to use them, so use em, get the pieces, do the dungeon crawler, and then put it back to sleep. It does take some time, but you can rack em up quick under the right circumstances.

You can earn 10 coins a day by walking around with your 3DS on in your pocket. You'll get to 1k steps pretty fast. You can then use those coins to get the puzzle pieces or do the dungeon crawler. I'd recommend burning them on the dungeon, as you'll eventually level up those L1 pups and cats that fight w/ you and thats a bigger help than building the 4 or 6 puzzles that don't do anything.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0) ishashobar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Speaking of Street Pass, does it work with software/hardware from different regions? I was considering getting a JP 3DS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mine will be under the tree on Christmas.

Can't wait............

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just completed the 7th World in Super Mario 3D Land, breathtaking game that really utilizes the 3D features especially when you get beyond World 8 from what I hear. Simply put, if you own a 3DS go out and buy this game now =D I love how it combines the gameplay of New Super Mario Bros with the style of Super Mario 64 and there are plenty of references and throwbacks to almost every classic Mario game. The street pass and gyroscope features are a nice touch as well. The Boomer Rang suit is a nice addition to the franchise as well!
    Last edited by digitpress Jim; 11-15-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my mom loved it so much we went out and bought her a 3ds and mario 3d land. add in the fact that she can watch netflix on it sealed the deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
    Heh.. do you also think the GBA is the same thing as the Gameboy as well?

They did do the 3DS a disservice by focusing on the 3D aspect of it.. people (like you obviously) just think it's a DS with 3D tacked on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So, I'm bumping this thread from 2011, because I was just recently playing this game while on vacation, and I think this could potentially be a modern day video game masterpiece. Seriously, no joke. I'm talking potentially one of the best Mario games of all time. I'm talking right up there with Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario 64.

Anybody else think this is an instant classic ?

Also, just wanted to mention, I normally would never this quickly start calling something a classic, it's only been out a few years, but man, this game is blowing my freaking mind. It's absolutely overflowing with that magical Nintendo quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    So, I'm bumping this thread from 2011, because I was just recently playing this game while on vacation, and I think this could potentially be a modern day video game masterpiece. Seriously, no joke. I'm talking potentially one of the best Mario games of all time. I'm talking right up there with Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario 64.

Anybody else think this is an instant classic ?

Also, just wanted to mention, I normally would never this quickly start calling something a classic, it's only been out a few years, but man, this game is blowing my freaking mind. It's absolutely overflowing with that magical Nintendo quality.
    Have you tried 3d world on wii u? basically the same only bigger, badder, better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to agree. Super Mario 3D Land is easily one the best Mario games ever. It takes the classic 2D gameplay (persistent power-ups, small Mario) and combines it with 3D stages that don't feel like I have to retread 5 or 7 times like you do in all the other 3D Marios. Its the closest 3D Mario games have ever gotten to the 2D version of gameplay. And the stage designs are all fantastic.

And there is a TON of levels, the Hard World alone makes this game feel like a challenge.

I head 3D World is just as good, if not better. But for my money 3D Land is just... how all 3D Marios should be.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i think its strengthening my eyes.
    Eyes don't work like that. You're just getting used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ishashobar View Post
    Speaking of Street Pass, does it work with software/hardware from different regions? I was considering getting a JP 3DS.
    Yes. Careful though, you might get your USA 3DS stuck with a puzzle only available in other regions. Depending on where you find piles of people with 3DS's, it could take a while to fill those out.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's a good game but the off angle viewing in a lot of stages is a major issue of the game. Whether the 3D is on or off, there are a lot of jumps that you'll end up making that look as if you'll land where you plan but you're at a completely different area. It makes suits like the Raccoon and Tanooki suit 100 times better than anything else in the game since you can hold x and make sure the shadow of the character is on the ground. There are a lot of 3D games with off angle viewing that don't have this problem, you'd assume Nintendo is a developer that could avoid this problem.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-18-2014 at 03:22 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    It's a good game but the off angle viewing in a lot of stages is a major issue of the game. Whether the 3D is on or off, there are a lot of jumps that you'll end up making that look as if you'll land where you plan but you're at a completely different area. It makes suits like the Raccoon and Tanooki suit 100 times better than anything else in the game since you can hold x and make sure the shadow of the character is on the ground. There are a lot of 3D games with off angle viewing that don't have this problem, you'd assume Nintendo is a developer that could avoid this problem.
    Really? I never had a problem landing a jump properly. In fact the stereoscopic 3D did wonders for generally knowing where your character was actually going to land in 3D space since it gives you depth perception.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12