Thread: Game stores around Orlando, FL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Game stores around Orlando, FL?

Howdy-

I'm going to be in the Orlando/Cape Canaveral, FL area soon.

Any good classic game stores I ought visit around there?

Thanks!
    -Jason

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The flea market in Sanford is slowly closing down shop. 4 of the retailers there have closed up shop.

There are Play-N-Trade stores in the area, but nothing with a large variety of stock. You may be able to find some liquidation stores in Titusville, but I'm not sure if they have physical storefronts besides their warehouses.

Besides that, in the downtown Orlando area, there's a place called "The Hobby Spot" off I-4 and Fairbanks. The guy has a decent amount of stuff, though his prices are fairly high. There's the Sanford Flea Market near Lake Mary Blvd and 17/92, though that's a bit out of the way...everything else is about 45 min - 1 hr away for decent places in the area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info--I did some searching & found two interesting items:

1: Five Star Gameroom--not sure exactly what this is...??? A game room or a store...?
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Five-S...59204897437321

2: Classic Game Source--seems to be the liquidation place--not a storefront where one can walk in?
    http://www.classicgamesource.com/index.php

Thanks,
    -Jason

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    The flea market in Sanford is slowly closing down shop. 4 of the retailers there have closed up shop.

There are Play-N-Trade stores in the area, but nothing with a large variety of stock. You may be able to find some liquidation stores in Titusville, but I'm not sure if they have physical storefronts besides their warehouses.

Besides that, in the downtown Orlando area, there's a place called "The Hobby Spot" off I-4 and Fairbanks. The guy has a decent amount of stuff, though his prices are fairly high. There's the Sanford Flea Market near Lake Mary Blvd and 17/92, though that's a bit out of the way...everything else is about 45 min - 1 hr away for decent places in the area.

damn seriously? i used to go there all the time, but i havent been since like early 2010, i used to get awesome deals there, seems like every place is closing, that place off colonial and bumby closed in like 09, a spot in kissimmee i went to all the time closed down but i think i heard they actually just moved to 192, not that it matters, the new owner was a dick, the store has some ok games and accessories but the guy is just a dick, you wont even wanna shop there, i guess if sanford is out, you could just try the kissimmee flea market, i remember there being a few vendors that mostly dealt in 16 bit and below so i never really bothered, but i imagine they'd still be there, apart from that i really dont know, i do remember people claiming they found some cool shit in the good wills and salvation armies in orlando but i dont remember what street exactly
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."