I used to play this great space strategy/conquest game on the Amiga called Stellar Conflict, last year I created a game with a similar feel and kept a 'retro' look for nostalgia (plus I'm not too much of a graphic artist). I figured this seemed like an appropriate forum to post about it in and would appreciate any feedback you have.

Astriarch - Ruler of the Stars is a turn-based, single player space strategy game. Build planetary improvements and star ships to capture planets and defeat your enemies. Your ultimate goal is to become the master of the known universe, and earn the title of Astriarch!

Developed in 2010 by Mastered Software, Astriarch combines aspects of other classic space strategy games such as Master of Orion 2 and Stellar Conflict.

Currently Astriarch is realeased as a free casual web game. Planned future enhancements include multiplayer mode, research tree, and desktop/tablet versions.

Originally developed in Microsoft's Silverlight platform in 2010, Astriarch was ported to pure HTML5/JavaScript/Canvas and released in 2011, for browsers that don't support the canvas tag (I.E. < 9), the older silverlight version can be used.

Astriarch has also been released on the Chrome Web Store.

Play the game in most browsers at the main site here:
Astriarch.com