View Poll Results: River City Ransom versus Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • River City Ransom

5 35.71%
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors

9 64.29%

Thread: TGNRMC Second Bracket - River City Ransom Versus Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default TGNRMC Second Bracket - River City Ransom Versus Zombies Ate My Neighbors

We are having a little tournament series. It is called "THIS GAME Needs to be Remade for Modern Consoles" or TGNRMC for short.

How the tourney period works: Two games will go mano-a-mano per thread with people voting for their favorite. The winners of each bracket will face off against the other winners in the following brackets until only the winning "champion game" remains.

The rules: There will be one tourney match per day until a final winner is decided. All "champion games" are ineligible for future "THIS GAME Needs to be Remade" tournaments.

-----

This thread is for voting between River City Ransom and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by retroman View Post
    River City Ransom needs a update
    Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    I think I am the only one in this world that thinks this. But I feel Zombies Ate My Neighbors needs a remake. Bring it up to fps status. 2nd person. 3rd person whatever.. Full 3d nice graphics. I personally have been told I am crazy for it but I could actually see it being a serious game vs the comedy style game even though I know thats what made the original a classic. But come on who wouldn't want a level where your creeping along a hedge maze and then all sudden some maniac with a chainsaw just cuts right through and chasing you and when you think hes alone another cuts you off and you get that feeling of "shit what do I do?!?!?!" Or out running giant sand worms (tremors style).Only thing that would have to go is the giant baby. Outside of that do it up.
    VOTE and determine the winner!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Put River City Ransom online and increase the depth of the rpg elements while adding unlockable content, and all would be right with the world.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by treismac View Post
    Put River City Ransom online and increase the depth of the rpg elements while adding unlockable content, and all would be right with the world.
    Yes. This.

We have enough zombie games ATM regardless of whether or not they're eating neighbors, the market is saturated.

We need some Kunio action on modern consoles! It's long overdue!

Keep the retro pixel-style graphics (something "HD" in the style of the GBA game would be nice)

Add customizable characters, online "gangs" (clans) and huge PvP areas and you'd have a game to come back to over and over and over and over.

God, a guy can dream, no?
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

But isn't there some River City Ransom remake in the works under the name Hot Blooded Tough Guy Kunio-Kun Special 3DS (<---Youtube trailer, btw)? By Arc System Works, no less.

Plus, despite the title, ZAMN isn't all about zombies. It's basically classic movie monsters in general.

That being said, ZAMN, please.