Thread: what about SCPH-100x and DOL-001?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default what about SCPH-100x and DOL-001?

what do you think? should these guys be worth more over their almost identical counterparts? if so how much do you think? loose and complete

in case you dont know....

SCPH-100x (x= a wild card for any applicable number) is a PSX with the RCA jacks and RFU DC out on the back as well as the now standard a/v plus, serial and Parallel ports on the back. some of the very first release PSX consoles

DOL-001 is a GameCube with a Digital A/V out on the back as well as the standard A/V out thats used on SNES/ SFC and N64. DOL-001 is an early release version from launch to a little ways in before they switched.

both of these systems normally found in the wild, with out fancy pants A/V options seem to have hit their furthest downward lowest price i think we will see before they start to climb back up as they become retro. two different generations i know but for some reason PS2 didnt drop as far before going back up where i am at

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    what do you think? should these guys be worth more over their almost identical counterparts? if so how much do you think? loose and complete

in case you dont know....

SCPH-100x (x= a wild card for any applicable number) is a PSX with the RCA jacks and RFU DC out on the back as well as the now standard a/v plus, serial and Parallel ports on the back. some of the very first release PSX consoles

DOL-001 is a GameCube with a Digital A/V out on the back as well as the standard A/V out thats used on SNES/ SFC and N64. DOL-001 is an early release version from launch to a little ways in before they switched.

both of these systems normally found in the wild, with out fancy pants A/V options seem to have hit their furthest downward lowest price i think we will see before they start to climb back up as they become retro. two different generations i know but for some reason PS2 didnt drop as far before going back up where i am at
    DOL-001 is just as common as the 101 so same value, especially since the cable is worth twice as much as you would pay for the system. SCPH-1001 and 1002 carry little premium except for possibly boxed units. SCPH-1000 also has an S-Video connector and is quite hard to find so I don't know, non-Japanese 100x units are the same as SCPH-3000. I don't see changes anytime soon but audiophiles may push up the price of SCPH-(1,3)00x units.

Edit: The switch was around 2004 as My sister and I got GameCubes for Christmas, the Jet Blacks were DOL-001 and the Platinums were 101 so there may be a bit of a premium on the Platinum.
    Last edited by Tokimemofan; 11-27-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    DOL-001 is just as common as the 101 so same value, especially since the cable is worth twice as much as you would pay for the system. SCPH-1001 and 1002 carry little premium except for possibly boxed units. SCPH-1000 also has an S-Video connector and is quite hard to find so I don't know, non-Japanese 100x units are the same as SCPH-3000. I don't see changes anytime soon but audiophiles may push up the price of SCPH-(1,3)00x units.

Edit: The switch was around 2004 as My sister and I got GameCubes for Christmas, the Jet Blacks were DOL-001 and the Platinums were 101 so there may be a bit of a premium on the Platinum.
    i notice that theres a bit more for the bundle systems, especially pokemon and mario kart bundle game cubes but thats for other than hardware revision. "platnum" game cubes i didnt think about though but meh i dont like that painted plastic stuff.

i have 2 PSX on the way both are scph 100x's (not 300x's), one i am keeping and the other i may sell along with 4 other PS1's i got in a bulk auction i won for $14.

i'm getting ready to unload some of my extras because its about time to buy a house any every little bit helps.

since i have some one lookin at this thread, whats the average going price for PS1's (the mini) with hookups and one controller (matching). all systems would be throughly cleaned and stress tested