After taking about a year hiatus, Video Game Trader Magazine & Price Guide is back!

Issue #18 (Fall 2011) has already been delivered to subscribers and is also available for purchase at www.VideoGameTrader.com. Actually this issue came out about 2 months ago but we were waiting for our iphone app to be completed before making the announcement. This issue is available in print and pdf format. Also, as of today, Video Game Trader magazine is also available on the iphone, ipod touch and ipad with the new Video Game Trader app. This app is available in the Apple Newsstand. The app itself is free, but Single issues are $2.99 and a subscription, which is 4 issues, is $9.99. Back issues and special "retro" issues will be available in the near future. We plan on releasing one special/back issue per month. The special "retro" issues will have updated price guides. The special issues will be priced at $0.99 and will not be included in the subscription (we tried, but for some reason Apple would not allow it). You can get the app here.

Issue 19 is also being completed and should be released within the app on 12/1 with print editions being delivered mid/late December. Video Game Trader magazine will always be printed, but the added electronic format should allow us the funds necessary to continue the publication into the foreseeable future.

Please note that the main website for the magazine and blog has been moved from videogametrader.com to vgtradermag.com. However, videogametrader.com will be handing all single issue and subscription purchases.

If you are a subscriber, please let me know what you thought of issue #18. I know it was a little light on page count, but the next issues is a normal 48 pager. We can't go beyond 48 pages without significant cost increases.

The ios price guide app is also receiving a major upgrade. It is already waiting for approval but some of the changes are:

* Now supports both orientations.
* Now fully supports the ipad.
* Pricing updates will be more frequent due to the internal changes made to the database
* We have scrapped both the FREE and the Pay ($19.99) version for a subscription based model. The initial download is free, then you need to purchase it after 30 days to continue to use it. The 1-year subscription will be $4.99 but we have lowered the price to $0.99 (lowest price allowed by apple) to let early adopters get it for the lowest possible price). This low price will remain until mid January. '
* More updates are already being worked on, including the Ability to export have/want list.

Please let me know what features you want in the app. My goal is to add virtually every suggestion (within reason).

Thanks!