Thread: Anyone play sonic generations?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone play sonic generations?

Has anyone played sonic generations? I tryed the ps3 demo at walmart and really liked it. I'm goona pick it up this weekend. I waiting to see if i can grab a black friday ps 3, if not I'll get the 3ds version. from what I have read the ps 3 version is better as were the 3ds version is mostly side scrolling.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I can't recommend the PS3 version enough if you've been a fan of Sonic in the past 20 years. Its got great music and while the classic 2D sonic levels aren't as tight as their genesis counterparts its pretty close while the modern levels have an amazing sense of speed. The only real sour point are the bosses, they are way too easy, but other then that a solid game all around.

I think the 3DS version will be good for you depending on weather you liked any of the Sonic Rush games on the DS. If so then then half of the levels play like them with better graphics and half will play like the Genesis Sonic. I haven't played it yet thought.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    I can't recommend the PS3 version enough if you've been a fan of Sonic in the past 20 years. Its got great music and while the classic 2D sonic levels aren't as tight as their genesis counterparts its pretty close while the modern levels have an amazing sense of speed. The only real sour point are the bosses, they are way too easy, but other then that a solid game all around.

I think the 3DS version will be good for you depending on weather you liked any of the Sonic Rush games on the DS. If so then then half of the levels play like them with better graphics and half will play like the Genesis Sonic. I haven't played it yet thought.
    The PS 3 demo had me hooked from the first 5 seconds. I have been a huge sonic fan from day one. I remember going apeshit as a kid when I got the sonic genesis bundle for x mas. I will never forget putting in sonic the hedgehog and hearing SEGAAA! for the first time. That Greenhill theme brings back great memory’s of playing sonic games as a kid. I missed out on the ds games but just bought a 3ds so I will catch up on them. I think as long as I get to walmart soon enough I will be able to snag a ps 3. Thanks for the advice.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recommend it for anyone that has a 3dtv. The 3d is really well done on it. I haven't got that far into it, but I definitely am enjoying it so far.

-mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the PS3 version and am very impressed. I'm looking forward to finishing it. I've also played it in 3D, and while it's kinda neat, playing it in 2D is great too.
    Last edited by RCM; 11-23-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive played it through and must say the PC version is far far sexier then the consoles, there are issues with the game that I have outlined in another thread but all in all its quite good. My only real problem is that after the 16bit and DC levels they managed to pick some pretty shitty levels to do and as such I felt the last 3 zones to be pretty boring and a chore to play though.

I may buy a 3DS just for that version as its levels are geared a bit more towards the classic Sonic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I've got the 360 version and I can't help but laugh at some of the irony in it. The Genesis-era levels are done beautifully. Sky Sanctuary in particular may well be the best 3D Sonic level of all time. The Dreamcast -era levels? Also done beautifully. All 3 were perfect choices and whoever thought of turning the Sonic Heroes one into a pseudo-aquatic ruin level was a genius.

The modern-era levels? They SUCK. Almost as badly as the games they were in. Or in the case of the Sonic Colours level, more than the game they were in. Even the 2D stages are lacking that special something that makes the earlier game so good.

The fact that you have to do side missions to unlock the next stage sucks, but then again you do only have to do one from each level and you can choose whether to do it as classic or modern Sonic. And some of them are particularly fun- there's one where you have to keep alternating between the three shields from Sonic 3 that had me particularly hooked.

I'm picking up the 3DS version on Friday, reckon it might be better than the 360 version.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

haven';t yet but would like to!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Granado_jake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NeoJ4K3
    PSN
    Inf3rnoJake

Personally I am really enjoying it. I never played colors, so I cannot vouch there, but Generations has what I loved about the old and new Sonic games...smashed into 1.

I miss the Chao raising from Sonic Adventure 2 though, that was Hella fun, Me and my buddy spent hours competing our little guys on the Gamecube
    ~Live. Love~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep playing the 360 version right now and loving it and 2D & 3D levels are great!.

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PSP and 3DS