FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Default SNES Donkey Kong Not for Resale & other oddball carts

My buddy has a bunch of Not for Resale carts, and he is looking for information about them, exactly what they are and the approximate value.

See the attached pictures

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

The owner of these carts asked me to post the pictures for him because he had trouble uploading the pictures. He is going to reply to the thread with more information about them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Donkey Kong Country 2 NFR cart is only worth about $8-15. But the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask grey cart variant(the normal NFR one is gold) easily goes for $50-200.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 12-03-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) RadRacer73's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks 1 2 P - appreciate it. Thanks for posting the pics for me BB_hood.

These are my carts and I was looking for more info on them and value.

The dkc2 has a larger board and extra chips but when I play them back to back there is no different title screen or any other differences that I can see - so why all of the extra?

The Porky Pig I got at a flea market in NY about a month ago. The seller told me he had had more and sold them to DP's owner and this was the last one. It is a majesco game and says majesco on the chip . I don't think majesco ever released this one.

The Majora's Mask is pretty much explained by 1 2 P, but why the smaller board and chip?

Super Battletank Genisis cart has 4 chips with numbers written on the stickers and a hand typed label. It says "for demo use only" on it.

Unnecessary Roughness '95. It says "please return after preview". It has a black and white label. I have attached a pic.

I will be introducing myself and posting pics of my collection shortly (3,000 +).

Lastly, I will consider trades on these games for any Turbo Grafx games I don't have.

SORRY THIS WASN'T THE RIGHT PIC. This is the Battletank one again. The Necessary Roughness one has 6 chips.
    Last edited by RadRacer73; 12-03-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The white label Porky Pig was distributed by a company run out of Waltham MA called Thumb Monkey. The story I was told when I went there in person is that companies unloaded surplus games to them at a greatly discounted rate, but without retail stickers so that they couldn't resell them for a large customers couldn't attempt to return them to a retailer. The labels were applied after the fact and often have funny misspellings (Like WF Wrestlemania.

Here are some that I picked up in person:

Cool enough as collectible oddities, but only worth about $2 or so.

The two Genny games are prototypes. Unnecessary Roughness is probably around $25-$50, the other title I can't make out. The title makes a huge difference in price, any chance at a clearer picture or the name of the game? It's certainly on a dev PCB, so it's 100% a proto, I just can't tell which one.

Hope this helps!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    But the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask grey cart variant(the normal NFR one is gold) easily goes for $50-200.
    It actually goes for more, the last one sold for $260 on ebay. The picture from the auction shows that the label is torn, scroll down in the auction to see the pics. I've seen several collectors on other boards offering big money for that one, nothing less than $200, if it's in nice shape you could possibly get $300 for one or even more.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Zelda-Majoras...item2eb399c717

This kiosk cart is worth so much more because it only contains a demo showing parts of different levels from the game, most other kiosk carts are the same as the regular retail releases and contain the full game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any thoughts on the value of the super battletank genny proto? Also did majesco re-release porkey pig for snes?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer73 View Post
    Also did majesco re-release porkey pig for snes?
    I would guess yes since there are two different manuals for sale on Ebay, one in color and the other in b&w and Majesco is known for re-releasing SNES games w/ a b&w manual.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer73 View Post
    Any thoughts on the value of the super battletank genny proto?
    Again, probably floating around $50. There just isn't much demand for Genny protos unless they're unreleased or of very popular series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa! Zelda grey NFR sold sat for $830 on ebay, I think I paid less than $5 at a yardsale/flea....score!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=mrmark0673;1874603]The white label Porky Pig was distributed by a company run out of Waltham MA called Thumb Monkey. The story I was told when I went there in person is that companies unloaded surplus games to them at a greatly discounted rate, but without retail stickers so that they couldn't resell them for a large customers couldn't attempt to return them to a retailer. The labels were applied after the fact and often have funny misspellings (Like WF Wrestlemania.

You are 100% INCORRECT: Majesco had runs of reissue cartridges that were Sales Samples and Quality Control Internal pre-releases and were NOT sent to any one company for distribution as they did it themselves. The story you received from Thumb Monkey is just that: A STORY. I PERSONALLY purchased the sales samples and QC carts from a company in 2008. There were 174 carts. 24 had a similar or same type of label the PORKY PIG had (10 different titles). The other 150 were BLANK and didn't boot in BRAND NEW unlabeled undistributed shells. Other info can be found RIGHT HERE on Digital Press if you search for Majesco SNES.

The NOTABLE good titles were MegaMan X, Contra 3 and Turtles 4.
    The who cares titles were Brunswick Bowling, Goof Troop, Porky Pig, Pac Man 2, Animaniacs, Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry.

The labeled ones were sold to collectors RIGHT HERE and on eBay.
    They were VERIFIED as what I stated above.
    The one at the NY Flea Market was mine that I gave away for $10.00 so RadRacer73 can add to his oddball collection of Nintendo stuff and I explained the ENTIRE story of Majesco's involvement.

A bit late for the REAL STORY, but NEVER too late.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I remember a couple years, someone posting photos of a guy that made a Halloween costume out of SNES and N64 carts.
    He used games like ActRaiser, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy II, Secret of Mana. I can't remember the N64 games but I think they included GoldenEye, Banjo-Kazooie and/or Tooie, and a gray Majora's Mask (first time I saw one).