Thread: FFXIII-2 will have 'New Game Plus' mode, offers bonuses for FFXIII save file [Joystiq

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb FFXIII-2 will have 'New Game Plus' mode, offers bonuses for FFXIII save file [Joystiq

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is launching in Japan next week and the game makers are wrapping up their last round of interviews. Dengeki PlayStation (via Andriasang) encountered producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama, who talked a bit more about the episodic nature of the game and perks for those who have played the previous game.

If you've got a save file from Final Fantasy XIII handy, you'll net some bonuses: special monster decorations and a higher success rate at the game's special gambling area. Each episode will be at most three hours, it was revealed, and an auto-saving system will be added for the sequel, though it won't replace being able to save at any time. That would just be silly.

And if you make your way through the whole game and want to take another go, there will be a New Game Plus mode that adds exclusive unlockable items and monster decorations. Monsters really are more festive in Gran Pulse and Cocoon than we remember.FFXIII-2 will have 'New Game Plus' mode, offers bonuses for FFXIII save file originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 07 Dec 2011 00:45:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

New Game + should be a standard feature in pretty much any game ever that involves gaining power over time.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Yeah..already put in my preorder for the Collectors Edition.

This game does look fun and with the full soundtrack included in its CE it was hard to pass up. Final Fantasy XIII wasn't my favorite game of the series but I liked the world presented, general battle system, and most of the characters. XIII-2 seems to be making an effort to address the very linear nature of the first game with a dash of Chrono Trigger thrown in. I later picked up the soundtrack to XIII and I like what I hear from its sequel already.