Thread: Bits and Pieces (and where to find them!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bits and Pieces (and where to find them!)

I recently have been getting into repairing controllers, and I have been searching all day for the things that go between the Circuit Board and the buttons. I found what I was looking for: Silicone Button Caps!

Post your components you are looking for here. Maybe someone else may find what you are looking for. Now we can at least reduce the necessity of cannibalizing original controllers, as well as after markets!

Now if you excuse me, I need to start ordering these and cackling maniacally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Keep in kind that Alibaba is going to mainly bring up companies in China. Watch for the minimum order quantity and shipping. It looks like some aren't too bad but a few have MOQs in the thousands.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And the part may never show up. Had a mate order from there and never saw item, cheeky seller even thanked him for the money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Yeah, that's true too. At my last job I worked a lot with Asian electronics manufacturers and I'd defiantly try to start a dialog with them before ordering. There are many many reputable companies but if someone never returns your precursory emails then don't do business with them.

The manufacturers are also more likely to have high minimums though and may not even take you seriously if they know you're just one guy who's only going to order a few parts one time.

The distributors are more likely to deal in small numbers and sell to little guys, but they are probably more risky. For something like this, I'd go through eBay actually. It'll more than likely be the same sellers, only with a better level of protection and feedback.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll shamelessly self-promote when it's actually on topic.

If I don't have what you're looking for, just ask (through eBay), as I probably just forgot to list it: http://stores.ebay.com/Squeept-Video-Games

I mostly have the "major" consoles from Sega, Nintendo, and Sony.