Thread: PlayStation Dual Analog Controller (SCPH-1180)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PlayStation Dual Analog Controller (SCPH-1180)

The one with the flight stick emulator mode and no vibration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_Analog_Controller No box but near perfect condition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    The one with the flight stick emulator mode and no vibration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_Analog_Controller No box but near perfect condition.
    DO NOT SELL
    This is very hard to price, I own two myself. You might enjoy my post offering insight on this beast. There are other hidden features that makes this one to keep!

Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER
    http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217621#p217621

The DUAL ANALOG find to me is one of the true spirit of finding a treasure that anyone can afford. The reason why is most sellers do not recognize it from the regular grey Dual Shock. If you come across one, keep that Poker Face and ask how much for the Grey PS1 controller.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER View Post
    DO NOT SELL
    This is very hard to price, I own two myself. You might enjoy my post offering insight on this beast. There are other hidden features that makes this one to keep!
    I know all about these, took me 5 years to find this one. Just wondering what it is worth, I could only find one listing on ebay and that one seems a bit high. I doubt that I'll sell it.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I have one of these, I swear I passed on several of these over the years until I heard people wanted them. I have no idea how much it's worth but I doubt it's that high, people say it's worth more but I never see completed auctions of them anywhere to prove it. People seem to pick them up cheap, say they got an amazing deal on them because of how rare they are, and that's it.

Even from that thread on RacketBoy that CRTGAMER posted;

Quote Originally Posted by o1s1n
    While I was watching this, I also came across another one for sale on ebay UK. It was even listed correctly as a 1180 with lots of pictures but I was the only bidder. Got it for a fiver.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Little supply, few know it exists, and fewer still are actively seeking to buy them.

Do not sell. You'll never get a price worth its rarity. Nor will you find another one anytime soon if you regret selling.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll have to agree with everyone else here, it's pretty hard to gauge an accurate value since:
    1. few people are interested in it and seek it out
    2. few units are still around

It's definitely hard to come by but in terms of the value you'd get by selling it, I don't think it would net too high a price. Personally, I've gotten two of these, both were under $20. I cannot see myself buying another at more than $30 since they can be had for under that amount if you're patient and look around.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hard to come by but really for games that support this (based around support for the big Dual Analog Joystick), the big joystick is the way to go since the games are expecting the range of movement that the big joystick grips provide - rather than the short throw of a thumbstick.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As others have said, they're pretty rare, but there's virtually no demand. I've been following them on eBay recently and the last 3 that I saw that actually sold went for $7, $10, and $15.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

They're also not that rare. They were widely available at retail for several months before they were discontinued. It's basically the same deal with Tengen Tetris for the NES. If they were as rare as Magical Chase I could see them being worth more, but they're not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Who knows. On a similar note that rumored PS2 controller without rumble eludes me to find out if it wasn't some kind of hoax or mistaken witnesses.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its priceless due to obscurity. There are some great unknown features to this stick, It has THREE MODES. DPad, Dual Shock and Flightstick.

There is another controller that has a very unique capability along with the PS1 Flightstick.

Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER
    The Interact Barracuda and Sony Flightstick controllers sticks can function same as the Game Pad when set to digital mode. I hold up on the Game Pad or Stick to move forward and at the same time turn with the other stick. This actually works pretty well and no more stopping to spin around the on screen game character. A great work around for Tank Control games such as Resident Evil or Little Big Adventure.
    Last edited by CRTGAMER; 12-31-2011 at 03:23 AM.
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Who knows. On a similar note that rumored PS2 controller without rumble eludes me to find out if it wasn't some kind of hoax or mistaken witnesses.
    No, that controller exists. It was packaged in a blue package. The only place I know of that sold them was Walmart. I remember them being around only for a few weeks. Here is a post about them http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php...-rumble.35164/ The model number is SCPH-10520 I suspect that Walmart pulled a GameQuestDirect on that one and they didn't sell. I am looking for one.

Edit: The article has one error, the ONLY difference is the motors. The layout is a common variant for both Dualshocks but most people don't disassemble the controllers side by side. These revision numbers are the letter present on the right side of the model number stamp.
    Last edited by Tokimemofan; 12-16-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, that controller exists. It was packaged in a blue package. The only place I know of that sold them was Walmart. I remember them being around only for a few weeks. Here is a post about them http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php...-rumble.35164/ The model number is SCPH-10520 I suspect that Walmart pulled a GameQuestDirect on that one and they didn't sell. I am looking for one.

Edit: The article has one error, the ONLY difference is the motors. The layout is a common variant for both Dualshocks but most people don't disassemble the controllers side by side. These revision numbers are the letter present on the right side of the model number stamp.
    THANKS FOR SHARING THIS!

I remember when the PS2 controller yellow packages were blue. I wonder how many of the blue ones had this rarity?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER View Post
    THANKS FOR SHARING THIS!

I remember when the PS2 controller yellow packages were blue. I wonder how many of the blue ones had this rarity?
    Easiest way to ID them is the lack of the Dualshock 2 mark on the Upper part of the controller. I haven't seen any of them since they were at Walmart a few years ago. I'm surprised people have been questioning it's existence though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Easiest way to ID them is the lack of the Dualshock 2 mark on the Upper part of the controller. I haven't seen any of them since they were at Walmart a few years ago. I'm surprised people have been questioning it's existence though.
    Yup if you've seen one in detail you cannot mistake it. They went through the bother to make a new name, model number, and package color.
    This non rumble controller is called Analog Controller. Not Dualshock 2.
    Lum fan.