Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Default Kuon on the Rise

Has anyone else noticed that Kuon for PS2 has been steadily going up in price? Complete copies are going around the $40 range online I wanted to pick up and i've been having some trouble. Do you think that it will become uncommon like Rule of Rose? BTW if you are looking to purchase, gamestop still sells Kuon for $5. I checked all around me without any luck unfortunately I envy someone who can find a complete copy for that price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Last week, I walked into a Gamestop that had a copy sitting on the counter ready for pricing! It was missing the manual, but I bought it anyway. Any later and it would have fell victim to an old fashioned case gutting.

I noticed the price has begun to climb too. Dark Souls probably has something to do with interest, what with being a From Software production and all.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    Last week, I walked into a Gamestop that had a copy sitting on the counter ready for pricing! It was missing the manual, but I bought it anyway. Any later and it would have fell victim to an old fashioned case gutting.

I noticed the price has begun to climb too. Dark Souls probably has something to do with interest, what with being a From Software production and all.
    Nice going! too bad there wasn't a manual, but that's life. I hope From Software gets the recognition they deserve, the Echo Night series surprised me in a good way

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

For those wanting to check if Gamestop has it, see online if any stores have it in stock. It's nice that the US Gamestop has this feature working, it doesn't work right on the Canadian site as most games aren't available to look up.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/kuon/34992

The gutting thing seems to be a US only policy, I've seen that when I visited the states but no stores here seem to do that. There are plenty of worthless PS2/Xbox/Gamecube games still in their original cases, for those missing the cases they're kept in generic labeled cases so they still take up floor space.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    For those wanting to check if Gamestop has it, see online if any stores have it in stock. It's nice that the US Gamestop has this feature working, it doesn't work right on the Canadian site as most games aren't available to look up.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/kuon/34992

The gutting thing seems to be a US only policy, I've seen that when I visited the states but no stores here seem to do that. There are plenty of worthless PS2/Xbox/Gamecube games still in their original cases, for those missing the cases they're kept in generic labeled cases so they still take up floor space.
    Gamestops here in the US pretty much gut all games $6 or less. They just shove all the discs in cheap sleeves and put them in a bin with a bunch of unwanted sports games from 2002. It's sad really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyrdsalesman View Post
    Gamestops here in the US pretty much gut all games $6 or less. They just shove all the discs in cheap sleeves and put them in a bin with a bunch of unwanted sports games from 2002. It's sad really
    I was in an EB Games/Gamestop today and a different one yesterday, plenty of boxed sports games for $0.99 or $1.99. Lots of boxed $4.99 games too. When I was last in the states the one Gamestop I visited had a print out with all the cheaper games listed, the print out was just left in the same section as the other games. It's really not like that here, and I can see why there's more complaints about Gamestop in the US.

Most games are cheaper in the US stores but I know that Fatal Frame is priced $2.99 here while it's still $29.99 in the US, if only I could find a copy somewhere. This is one of the many games that isn't listed on the Canadian site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I was in an EB Games/Gamestop today and a different one yesterday, plenty of boxed sports games for $0.99 or $1.99. Lots of boxed $4.99 games too. When I was last in the states the one Gamestop I visited had a print out with all the cheaper games listed, the print out was just left in the same section as the other games. It's really not like that here, and I can see why there's more complaints about Gamestop in the US.

Most games are cheaper in the US stores but I know that Fatal Frame is priced $2.99 here while it's still $29.99 in the US, if only I could find a copy somewhere. This is one of the many games that isn't listed on the Canadian site.
    Fortunately i already have a copy of the first fatal frame... 2 and 3 are $29.99 as well how much are they up north? i wish i payed $2.99 for fatal frame 1 that's a steal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyrdsalesman View Post
    Fortunately i already have a copy of the first fatal frame... 2 and 3 are $29.99 as well how much are they up north? i wish i payed $2.99 for fatal frame 1 that's a steal
    I'm not sure how much the other games are, I asked once how much the first game would be if they ever got a used copy in and that's what they told me. I do know of someone who found one at an EB Games for $2.99 so that one is accurate.

I've never seen used copies around here in EB Games and I doubt anyone would trade them in for so little, assuming they would even accept them in trade anymore. I did see some "Gamestop new" copies of Xenosaga III for $9.89, but it seems used copies are worth around $15 now so I left them.

On the flip side I remember when everyone on here went and bought The Dark Spire new for the DS when it was dropped to $4.99, it's still like $30 here. I can't remember the exact amount but it's around that. So much is still more than in the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, I though no one had ever heard of this game and I'm glad it's finally getting some recognition! I picked up my copy maybe 5 years ago from a Gamestop in Northbrook, IL for about $6, and it was well worth the money. Definitely a very creepy game with awesome atmosphere....
    Don't look through the hole in the wall a second time!!