You may have greeted the news that OnLive was playable on tablets with a certain amount of apprehension. "But how am I supposed to control complicated console games with a touchscreen," you bemoaned. "I know I could use the external gamepad at home but what about when I'm on the go? I'm a busy, important person."

We understand your frustration, but the OnLive wizards have concocted a solution, enabling full slide-out gamepad controls for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play or, as you may prefer to call it, the PlayStation Phone. So instead of virtualized buttons, a formula that OnLive knows doesn't work, and instead of carrying your smartphone and the not-so-convenient OnLive controller, you can bust out your gamepad-enabled phone for that console-gaming experience on the go.Continue reading OnLive updated for Xperia Play (meaning: leave the external gamepad at home)

OnLive updated for Xperia Play (meaning: leave the external gamepad at home) originally appeared on Joystiq on Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:45:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...