Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Default Does anybody have a complete list of PS2 horror titles

My favorite games to collect are RPGs and horror games and I'm trying to go for a complete collection. I was wondering if anybody had a complete list of NTSC horror titles for the PS2. Thanks in advance!

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

A lot of this is going to depend on what you personally define as "horror", but I've been on the same quest for a couple of years and this is what I have, in no real order:

Silent Hill 2
    Silent Hill 3
    Silent Hill 4
    Silent Hill: Origins
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    Fatal Frame
    Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterflies
    Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
    Extermination
    Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
    Resident Evil 4 (regular and special edition)
    Resident Evil: Dead Aim
    Resident Evil: Outbreak
    Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2
    Resident Evil Gun Survivor
    Resident Evil Gun Survivor 2
    Siren
    Siren II: Forbidden Siren (PAL and JP only)
    Michigan: Report From Hell (JP and PAL only)
    Kuon
    Echo Night: Beyond
    Rule of Rose
    Hunting Ground
    Clock Tower
    Obscure
    Oscure: The Aftermath
    The Thing
    Galerians: Ash
    Baroque
    Akai Ito (JP only)
    Lifeline
    Shadow Tower: Abyss (JP only)
    Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare
    Alone in the Dark (remake)
    Cold Fear
    The Suffering (kinda)
    Manhunt (also kinda)
    Manhunt 2 (also also kinda)

It's a good thing that you're stopping at NTSC, because it gets weird when you start considering the multitude of sound novels and stuff that Japan gets. For example:

Hayarigami
    Hayarigami 2
    Hayarigami Revenge
    Kaerazu no Mori
    Saishuu Densha (The Last Train)
    Kyofu Shinbun
    Shiju Hachi

There are others.

There are a few games that most certainly COULD be considered "horror", but differences of opinion mean that it'll never be definitive. For example:

Ghosthunter
    Glass Rose (JP only)
    Phase Paradox (JP only. Maybe PAL? I forget)
    Trapt
    Run Like Hell

Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    A lot of this is going to depend on what you personally define as "horror", but I've been on the same quest for a couple of years and this is what I have, in no real order:

Silent Hill 2
    Silent Hill 3
    Silent Hill 4
    Fatal Frame
    Extermination
    Siren
    Kuon
    Rule of Rose
    Hunting Ground
    Clock Tower
    Obscure
    The Thing
    Baroque
    Akai Ito (JP only)
    Lifeline
    Cold Fear
    The Suffering (kinda)
    Manhunt (also kinda)

It's a good thing that you're stopping at NTSC, because it gets weird when you start considering the multitude of sound novels and stuff that Japan gets. For example:

Hayarigami
    Hayarigami 2
    Hayarigami Revenge
    Kaerazu no Mori
    Kyofu Shinbun
    Shiju Hachi

There are others.

There are a few games that most certainly COULD be considered "horror", but differences of opinion mean that it'll never be definitive. For example:

Ghosthunter
    Glass Rose (JP only)
    Trapt
    Run Like Hell

Good luck!
    Thanks a lot! I only have 11 of the games listed so far :/ oh well guess it will make it all the more fun to collect for. I'm also glad you included a few games from other regions because I plan on getting some of those after I complete a North American collection

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Baroque
    Really? I've only played about an hour of that game, but I didn't realize that it was a horror title. I'm not contesting, I honestly just didn't know.

I suppose the environment is really creepy, now that I think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What about that game where you know you're going to die and can't prevent it unless you do something very specific to prevent it from happening? I forget the name, but I don't think I see it listed here.

Edit - It's called Shadow of Destiny. I would think that would qualify.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 12-27-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    What about that game where you know you're going to die and can't prevent it unless you do something very specific to prevent it from happening? I forget the name, but I don't think I see it listed here.
    Shadow of Destiny, I've played it many times and I wouldn't really consider it horror. Great game though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyrdsalesman View Post
    Shadow of Destiny, I've played it many times and I wouldn't really consider it horror. Great game though
    Why not? It's basically like something you'd see in the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits from the 1960's. Granted, I don't recall any extreme violence, blood, zombies, and the like, but you don't need junk like that to be horror.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Why not? It's basically like something you'd see in the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits from the 1960's. Granted, I don't recall any extreme violence, blood, zombies, and the like, but you don't need junk like that to be horror.
    Well i suppose you could make it work, but it's like G-Boobie said, everyone has their own opinion on what fits in the genre. I think we could both agree that it is a borderline title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    Really? I've only played about an hour of that game, but I didn't realize that it was a horror title. I'm not contesting, I honestly just didn't know.

I suppose the environment is really creepy, now that I think about it.
    Yeah, that's a contested entry for certain: the game creeps me out profoundly, and even though the PS2 version has the crappier soundtrack and a shitty anime protagonist (and a third person perspective), some of the stuff you run into in the later parts of the game give Silent Hill a run for it's money. The Saturn version is much better and closer to an actual horror game, but the PS2 version gets grandfathered in for me.

Edit - It's called Shadow of Destiny. I would think that would qualify.
    I could see Shadow of Destiny qualifying. Good game.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Silent Hill 2
    Silent Hill 3
    Silent Hill 4
    Fatal Frame
    Extermination
    Siren
    Kuon
    Rule of Rose
    Hunting Ground
    Clock Tower
    Obscure
    The Thing
    Baroque
    Akai Ito (JP only)
    Lifeline
    Cold Fear
    The Suffering (kinda)
    Manhunt (also kinda)

Hayarigami
    Hayarigami 2
    Hayarigami Revenge
    Kaerazu no Mori
    Kyofu Shinbun
    Shiju Hachi

There are others.

Ghosthunter
    Glass Rose (JP only)
    Trapt
    Run Like Hell

Good luck!

damn thats a pretty comprehensive list lol, im going to be coming back to this for a long while until i track down everything here, i think i have about half of those already tho

i also seem to vaguely remember an horror based rpg, but it might not even exist or if it does no guarantee its for that system
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    damn thats a pretty comprehensive list lol, im going to be coming back to this for a long while until i track down everything here, i think i have about half of those already tho

i also seem to vaguely remember an horror based rpg, but it might not even exist or if it does no guarantee its for that system
    You must be referring to one of the best RPGs ever made, Shadow Hearts. I cannot express to you how much I love that game, truely amazing game :0 Here's a poster I have for it, it's pretty much the cover art for the game. Is it the one you are thinking of?
    Last edited by Junkyrdsalesman; 12-27-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

lol you know what, i think that might be it, and you know what else? lol i actually have that game and totally forgot about it, i remember playing it for the first few minutes all i remember was riding on a train

would you say this is more rpg than horror/survival horror or the other way around? and now that i think about it, lol i think i have all 3 in the series and am only missing koudelka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

would you say this is more rpg than horror/survival horror or the other way around? and now that i think about it, lol i think i have all 3 in the series and am only missing koudelka
    More RPG, there is some gore but not much, the horror theme mostly comes from some of the really messed up monster designs and some of the story (cannibal villiages, vampires, insane asylums, etc.) I just need koudelka as well, but it should be noted that the series losses it's horror feel after the first one.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Horror is pretty subjective. What one person might define as a horror game might not fit someone else's definition at all based on content or even gameplay.
    Take the Vampire Darkstalkers Collection (JPN) for example. It has a Zombie, Vampire, Succubus, Werewolf, Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, Esper, and Dark Messiah. Heck, it even has a Sasquatch, Robot, and Alien too!
    Yet with all that, some could reasonably argue that it is NOT a horror game.
    Therefore, I submit the following games... merely for consideration. The games are loosely categorized and the descriptions are cut, copied, pasted, edited for brevity and completely plagiarized from various sources.

----Vampires

Blade II
    A vampire hunter who possesses all the strengths of a vampire, and none of its weaknesses protects humans from the hungering darkness.

Blood+: One Night Kiss (JPN)
    Blood+: The Battle Rondo of Twin Wings (JPN)
    A vampire/human hybrid schoolgirl called Saya has a calling in life to dispatch the Chiroptera - a vampire-like race of bat-men who go about their daily business disguised as humans.

Blood Omen 2
    The vampire Kain searches for his slain brethren. He moves through crowds while cloaked in stealth, feeds on the peasant herds, and uses mind control to overcome vampire-proof inventions.

Bloodrayne
    Bloodrayne 2
    A half-vampire codenamed BloodRayne hunts vampires, the walking dead, and Nazi's too!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer:Chaos Bleeds
    The powerful vampire Kakistos and The First are ready for war, and the only ones standing in their way is Buffy the Vampire Slayer and her friends.

Castlevania:Lament of Innocence
    The eternal conflict between the vampire hunters of the Belmont clan and the immortal vampire Dracula.

Daemon Summoner (PAL)
    With his infant son brutally murdered, and wife Emily reborn as a Vampire, James Farrington-Higgs has himself become a creature of the darkness. Now he must strike back against the Imps, Ghouls, Werewolves, Ghosts, Vampires, and Demons prowling the streets of London in search of his vampire bride.

Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse
    You play as Anna, a female vampire saddled with the unholy task of expelling evil from the land of Gothos.

Darkwatch
    A vampire cowboy searches for the vampire that bit him and fights off undead hordes with six-shooters.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
    Raziel, a vampire turned wraith, drains the blood of monsters and undead foes.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance
    The Vampire lord Kain and his lieutenant-turned-wraith Raziel fight the demons, death and dark forces that cloud thier vampire world.

Underworld: Eternal War (PAL)
    Choose a side and then annihilate Vampires or Werewolves

Van Helsing
    The monster hunter with a mysterious past goes up against Wolf Man, Frankenstein's monster, the sadistic Igor, Dracula's gargoyle like brides, and the vampire lord himself.

Vampire Night
    Two vampire hunters gun down their foes in an alternate history 2006, where the world hasn’t seen much technological progression beyond the 1800s.

----Demons

Blood Will Tell
    A samurai's quest to regain 48 body parts that were stolen from him by demons (known as fiends) as an infant.

Bujingai: The Forsaken City
    The ancient technology which annihilated most of the earth has now opened a gateway to a hellish dimension, unleashing a horde of demons upon the city. Enter Lau, a martial arts demon hunter.

Constantine
    John Constantine is a modern age demon slayer attempting to discover how and why Demons have managed to physically enter Earth, although the ancient laws forbid it.

Curse: The Eye of Isis (PAL)
    Investigate the mysterious disappearance of an ancient sacred Egyptian statue from the British Museum. Protected by an evil curse, the statue can cause madness or violent death, raise the dead, and animate diabolical objects. Beware of your surroundings, for nearly anything can come alive and try to kill you.

Demon Stone: Forgotten Realms
    Two unspeakably evil forces were entrapped in a Demon Stone while battling each other. Three adventurers discover the Demon Stone just as it breaks and releases the two spirits. Now only these three can prevent a war that will sweep over all Faerun.

Devil Kings
    The story takes place as the Devil King, a king possessed by the soul of the Devil, has unleashed an unholy army on the world to bend it to his will.

Devil May Cry series
    Dante, a private investigator of the supernatural, realizes that the Devil is rallying to rise again against mankind. Deep within Dante's blood lies the power of ancient demons and as his power builds he transforms into a demon state where he can use his power against evil he encounters.

Eternal Poison
    In the demonic realm of Besek, demons called Majin guard a powerful treasure known as the Eternal Poison as well as the kidnapped Princess of Valdia. Heroes answer the King's call for help!

Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
    After a vortex to the undead is unwittingly opened, deadites swarm through Dearborn. Fully "armed" with his chainsaw and trusty boomstick, Ash must save Dearborn from the unspeakable horrors spawned from The Book of the Dead.

Evil Dead: Regeneration
    While locked up in an insane asylum, Ash attempts to stop Dr. Reinhard from using the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis to release an army of Deadites on the unsuspecting world.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
    The evil mage Garm used Runestones to released a great evil upon the land. This demon, Skorne, broke free of Garm's control and imprisoned his soul in the underworld. Skorne then released his minions upon the land, and scattered the Runestones across the Eight Realms, so that they might never again be assembled and used against him.

Ghost Rider
    Johnny Blaze sold his soul to a demon named Mephisto for noble reasons. Now, some rogue demons have escaped from hell and Mephisto needs to to destroy them before they cause him trouble. If Johnny doesn't help, he'll take his girlfriend back to hell with him.

God Hand
    Gene, a martial artist who is bestowed with one of the legendary "God Hands", a pair of divine arms that were once used to save the world from a demon called Angra. And now that he's got it, Gene's on the hunt by every demon in the county, as they all want their hands on his.

Onimusha series
    Onimusha literally means "Demon Warrior", which is a skilled swordsman who embarks on a mission to slay demons and fearsome enemies in feudal Japan. The warrior has the ability to absorb souls from defeated enemies, which helps to infuse him with power.

Painkiller: Hell Wars (PAL)
    A once normal man that died in a car accident has been sent to Purgatory during a war between Heaven and Hell. Blast hordes of monsters to collect souls to become an invincible demon and earn purification.

Primal
    It tells the story of Jennifer Tate, a 21-year-old woman searching for her boyfriend through a series of demonic realms. Jennifer may transform into one of four demonic forms for various purposes.

Raging Bless: Gouma Mokushiroku (JPN) aka Raging Blades (PAL)
    Use a sword and magic skills to fight against an evil god and 7 dark races from hell to prevent an age of darkness from sweeping the land.

Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
    Shadow Man fights with evil demons in our world and in the world of undeads using voodoo skills. Now his opponents are group of sadistic demons, who want to return their leader, Asmadeus, from the Pit to befall humanity.

Shin Megami Tensei series
    Spanning seven games on the PS2, demons and mythology are prominent in each installment, usually giving players a chance to recruit demons into the battle party.

Spawn: Armageddon
    The continuing tale of one Al Simmons, a former soldier who was killed as part of a government conspiracy and was then reborn as a hellspawn--a soldier of hell.

The Fear (JPN)
    A group of people and a cameraman attempt to avoid demonic possesion while trapped in haunted mansion.

The Splatter Action (JPN) aka Slatter Master (PAL)
    A field scarecrow with a chainsaw takes revenge on a host of creatures possessed by evil who injured his owners while attempting to take over the world.

----Zombies

Bakuen Kakusei: Neverland Senki Zero (JPN) aka Realm of the Dead (PAL)
    Three fearless heroes are all that stand in the way of a mysterious disease that is turning the living into a horde of bloodthirsty zombies.

Death Crimson OX (JPN) aka Guncom 2 (PAL)
    A strange story about special magical weapons, the dead rising to eat the living and odd mutated humans called Subliminers.

Hunter: The Reckoning - Wayward
    Unbeknownst to millions of blissfully ignorant humans, our world is secretly ruled by monsters. Hunters are imbued with both the ability to see the undead beasts and the skill to destroy them.

McFarlanes Evil Prophecy
    In the 19th century, the dead are rising from their graves and other chaos is happening all over the world. People fear that the end of the world is coming. A book predicts that an eternal age of darkness on Earth is beginning. Three of the best monster hunters in the world are summoned to fight the evil creatures.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Resurrection
    A U.S. Army Ranger assigned to investigate strange rumors of occult activity and genetic engineering deep into the heart of the Third Reich battles the most horrific creatures ever unleashed. Zombies brought back from the dead through dark magic and mutants created through twisted science.

The Kyonshi Panic (JPN) aka Zombie Attack (PAL)
    Rescue civilians from a building infested with Kyonshi (Jiang Shi), a form of the undead which hop around with outstretched arms looking to drain humans of their life.

The Oneechanbara (JPN) aka Zombie Zone (PAL)
    The Oneechanbara 2 (JPN)
    The Oneechampuruu: The Oneechan Special Chapter (JPN) aka Zombie Hunters (PAL)
    The Oneechanpon: The Oneechanbara 2 Special Chapter (JPN) aka Zombie Hunters 2 (PAL)
    The Bikini Samurai Squad face a zombie infestation with style!

The Zombie Vs. Kyuukyuusha (JPN) aka Zombie Virus (PAL)
    The zombie plague infecting the city is no match for a determined ambulance driver.

Twin Caliber (PAL)
    You're stuck in a prison, surrounded by the undead and you've got to blast your way to freedom.

----Mutants

Combat Queen (JPN)
    A bevy of bijin beauties take their pink jeep and assault rifles into action against giant swarming mutant insects targeting any human life venturing out in the open.

Extermination
    As a Marines Special Forces Recon operative, you respond to a distress signal sent from a secret military base in Antarctica. Upon entry, you learn that a rampaging virus has mutated all life within the base, and nothing is safe from its toxic grasp.

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
    Survive in a post-apocalyptic world inhabited with Ghouls, Super Mutants, Deathclaws and Radscorpians.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    The Prince is tricked into releasing the Sands of Time, using the Dagger of Time. The Sands infect everyone in the kingdom, turning them into mindless and destructive Sand Creatures.

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
    The power-hungry Vizier transforms himself into an immortal being with the Dagger of Time. The Sands of Time are released infecting all its residents throughout the city, turning them into Sand Creatures.

Rampage: Total Destruction
    Scum Labs is testing a new drink called 'Scum Soda'. However, all the test subjects that drank it have mutated into angry, hulking monsters!

----Mummies!

The Mummy Returns
    Use guns and handheld weapons to defeat the armies of ancient Egyptian evil and defeat the Mummy and ultimately, the Scorpion King. Then, as the mummy Imhotep, suck the souls of your dying enemies to try to regain the power of the Scorpion King and rule the world.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
    A group must stop a shape-shifting Chinese mummy and his minions from enslaving the world. Battle terracotta warriors, a three-headed gorgon, and other fearsome foes.

----Paranormal Activity

Casper: Spirit Dimensions
    A good spirit fights bad spirits for the fate of the spirit world!

Gantz (JPN)
    Recently deceased people are forced to hunt down and kill aliens armed with futuristic equipment and weaponry.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game
    The Ghostbusters battle spooks in New York City.

Ghost Master: The Gravenville Chronicles (PAL)
    Control the the undead in an attempt to scare humans who resist with the help of priests, witches and ghostbreakers.

Ghost Vibration (JPN)
    George the ghost hunter, accompanied by his childhood friend and scientist Alicia, exterminate ghosts inside a European style mansion using a special device named the Spirit Gun.

Gregory Horror Show: Soul Collector (JPN) (PAL)
    The only way out of a haunted hotel is by retrieving the souls stolen by it's bizarre occupants, thus returning them to Death.

Gungrave
    Gungrave Overdose
    Grave, a long dead assassin, is sent back from the dead to annihilate endless hordes of enemies.

Hungry Ghosts (JPN)
    In Hungry Ghosts, you're dead. You were not a good person during your life, so you’re pretty well slated for damnation. But judgment has not yet been passed, and depending on your actions you may as yet save your soul. Hungry Ghosts wants you to make choices while you wander the World of Death and the game will judge you based on that.

Indigo Prophecy
    Confront unknown dark forces causing ordinary people to suddenly begin killing total strangers.

Maken Shao Demon Sword (PAL)
    Maken X is the wandering spirit of a sword that possesses a unique ability to take over the mind and the body of another creature.

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
    Maximo returns home to find his kingdom in shambles. His once-trusted advisor, Achille, has wrought evil on the land and filled the countryside with hordes of the roaming undead.

Maximo vs Army of Zin
    Maximo accompanied by a Grim Reaper, face the Army of Zin, an ancient army powered by lost souls.

X-Files: Resist or Serve
    Special Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully travel to a small town in the Rocky Mountains where sightings of ghostly apparitions, zombies and hints of alien presence lead them on a chase for an "inhuman" killer.

Phantom Brave
    Marona has the ability to communicate with phantoms and can summon them to aid her. She calls Phantom Island, which is populated by phantoms her home.

The Haunted Mansion
    Attempt to put 999 evil spirits to rest while trying to keep yourself from becoming number 1000.

----Disaster, Oh! The Humanity!

Disaster Report
    A terrible earthquake causes a train to collapse and a reporter finds himself abandoned by the rescue team. Now he has to escape the city, try to save the people stranded in it, and discover the true reasons behind the chaos.

Raw Danger!
    Geo City marks a step forward in advanced and safe underground city design. Everything is goes well until a levee breaks and the Hudson River unleashes its wrath on Geo City. Who will survive the spreading panic and chaos?

----I'm Making My Own Damn Monsters!

Monster Lab
    In the eerie world of Uncanny Valley, where the evil Baron Mharti rules with a cruel hand. Take on the role of an apprentice scientist who must perform a vast array of intricate experiments to create your very own monster.

Monster Rancher 3
    Breed and train your own monster, and then enter it into fighting tournaments to battle for prizes and fame.

Monster Rancher 4
    Breed and train multiple monsters simultaneously with a variety of training equipment to choose from.

Monster Rancher EVO
    Gone is your ranch and in its place is a circus. You are still a monster breeder, but now raise your monster to perform tricks for a circus show.

---I Am The Damn Monster!

Project Altered Beast (PAL)
    Luke Custer, who is a "Genome-Cyborg", capable of transforming into a Werewolf, a Merman, a Garuda, a Wendigo, a Fire Minotaur, and a Thunder Dragon.

Sci-Fi and Horror often go hand in hand. If the previously mentioned The Thing, Phase Paradox and RLH are acceptable in the horror genre, all involving alien "monsters", then also consider...

Aliens Versus Predator: Extinction
    The battle that has split more blood over centuries continues, with the human marines caught in-between the powerful Aliens and the deadly Predators.

Area 51
    A viral outbreak has shut down a secure military facility and all scientific and military personnel are locked inside. A small Special Forces unit is sent to investigate and discovers a deadly mutagenic side effect of the virus as well as an ancient alien colony buried beneath the facility.

Blowout
    A space station has been overrun by hostile aliens. An elite platoon of mercenary commandos, outfitted with the most deadly experimental weaponry, wade into the pit of evil.

Destroy All Humans
    An alien uses a UFO, advanced weaponry, and special abilities to terrorize the people of Earth on land or in the air.

Destroy All Humans 2
    Earth is under attack again in another alien invasion. Crypto 137 hunts and probes humans to carry out plans for the Furion Planet.

Godzilla: Save the Earth
    The Vortaak aliens become incensed upon learning that mankind has synthesized the DNA of Godzilla. They return to earth controlling a vast army of monsters, including their ultimate weapon: SpaceGodzilla.

Godzilla: Unleashed
    The Vortaak aliens rain large crystals upon the earth causing a series of unnatural disasters and power surges. Monsters begin to go berserk with strange the powers they absorbed.

Half-Life
    Deep in the bowels of the Black Mesa Federal Research Facility, a decommissioned missile base, a top-secret experiment goes terribly wrong. As aliens come through the walls and a military death squad shoots everything
    in sight, young research associate Gordon Freeman must scramble to stay alive.

MDK 2: Armageddon
    Aliens once again threaten the Earth, and this time mad scientist Dr. Hawkins, janitor and part-time superhero Kurt, and six-legged robotic dog Max must work as a team to eliminate the alien menace.

Men in Black II: Alien Escape
    An alien prison ship has crash-landed on earth and its alien cargo has escaped. The Men in Black take on the baddest alien scum to save the Earth once again.

Predator: Concrete Jungle,
    The Alien Predator hunts the Earth for criminals using superhuman powers, different vision modes, and an array of alien weaponry.

RTX Red Rock
    Aliens of unknown origin, known simply as LEDs (Light-Emitting Demons), launch an attack on Earth, resulting in heavy casualties on both sides. Earth comes out of the fighting victorious, but advanced US intelligence discovers that the LEDs have invaded Earth's colony on Mars. Believing that the LEDs intend to launch another attack on Earth, but unsure how to deal with the problem, the US army chief decides to send in an RTX (Radical Tactics Expert) to properly evaluate the situation.

Space Raiders (JPN) aka Space Invaders: Invasion Day (PAL)
    Destroy increasing waves of various aliens as they march down the streets in a horizontal homage to Space Invaders.

The Chikyuu Boueigun (JPN) aka Monster Attack (PAL)
    The Chikyuu Boueigun 2(JPN) aka Global Defense Force (PAL)
    The Earth Defense Force responds to alien flying saucers dropping swarms of giant monsters on the earth.

Under The Skin
    An alien called Cosmi got stuck on earth after his spaceship crashed on a satellite. The only way he can return home is by gaining enough money to repair his spaceship. Unfortunately for the humans, the only way Cosmi can obtain money is by causing fear and panic amongst them.

War of the Monsters
    An alien race attacks the earth. Eventually the humans come up with a new technology to destroy the aliens, only to discover that strange liquid streaming from the damaged UFO's are creating monsters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I thought of Disaster Report and Raw Danger (Too bad we never got the PSP entry and that the PS3 game was foolishly killed off).

But I never think of disaster movies as horror movies, so I suppose I'll apply the same line of thinking to videogames.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

you guys all forgot the onimusha series

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

you guys all forgot the onimusha series
    Nah. There's nothing scary at all about Onimusha. It's an action game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei Games? They take place in worlds beset by demons and deal with apocalyptic themes.

Run Like Hell was certainly a horror to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Silent Hill 2
    Rule of Rose
    Hunting Ground
    Clock Tower
    The Suffering (kinda)
    Manhunt (also kinda)
    I'm guessing you mean Haunting Ground, just wanted to make the differentiation in case people were using this as a list to collect from.