Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 odd looking NES carts - "Wacky Races" and "Search for Dr. Livingstone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    I dunno, i think there are enough crazy NES collectors out there that it's fair to say "The last one sold for $X, i want $X too".

At the very least, it's fair to start the price there, and lower it later if nobody interested. The market is so volatile that some nimrod might hit the "Buy It Now" button on Ebay if it were posted for $500.

It's a lot easier to lower the price of a desirable item then it is to raise it after it's been sold.

I disagree with that estimation, there are far more then 5 people who collect prototype games. Lost Levels and Assembler's site both have hundreds of members who may be interested in such a thing for various reasons.

Sorry about the bizarre quoting, I'm getting used to posting on an iPad. Honestly, even guys on both those sites rarely buy now. Frank bought BFA, but can you think of another NES proto he bought in the last five years? Skrybe has a backlog of cool shit, but can you toss another name out there who actively buys NES Protos? Not being facetious or elitist, I just can't name more than a handful of guys that pay 100+ for these on a regular basis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    I dunno, i think there are enough crazy NES collectors out there that it's fair to say "The last one sold for $X, i want $X too".

At the very least, it's fair to start the price there, and lower it later if nobody interested. The market is so volatile that some nimrod might hit the "Buy It Now" button on Ebay if it were posted for $500.

It's a lot easier to lower the price of a desirable item then it is to raise it after it's been sold.
    People who think what sells on eBay is how to judge the market. It unfortunately happens more than it should