Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Retro Duo Portable - RDP 2 in 1 Portable System

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nusilver View Post
    Illusion of Gaia, Mega Man X2, Mega Man X3, Yoshi's Island, and Starfox 2 - none of these work here.
    Okay, now this just doesn't sound right. Although you did get Illusion of Gaia and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island to work by cleaning the cart, your MegaMan X2, MegaMan X3 and StarFox 2 cartridges should work. Did you clean those? If they're clean and they don't work, your RetroDuo Portable may be defective. I should be getting a RetroDuo Portable v2.0 to test at some point during the holidays, and while I don't have MegaMan X2 or MegaMan X3, I do have a few SuperFX games, namely StarFox, Stunt Race FX and the SuperFX 2-equipped Doom. I see no reason why those wouldn't work unless they're dirty or your RetroDuo Portable has a problem.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Okay, now this just doesn't sound right. Although you did get Illusion of Gaia and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island to work by cleaning the cart, your MegaMan X2, MegaMan X3 and StarFox 2 cartridges should work. Did you clean those? If they're clean and they don't work, your RetroDuo Portable may be defective. I should be getting a RetroDuo Portable v2.0 to test at some point during the holidays, and while I don't have MegaMan X2 or MegaMan X3, I do have a few SuperFX games, namely StarFox, Stunt Race FX and the SuperFX 2-equipped Doom. I see no reason why those wouldn't work unless they're dirty or your RetroDuo Portable has a problem.
    Not sure what to say here - I cleaned all the problem carts and couldn't get MMX2-3 to work at all; Starfox 2 got to the map screen but went black from there - haven't been able to get it to load actual gameplay.

FYI, I have requested a replacement from Retrobit...we'll see if that ever happens. Loving this thing other than a handful of small problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There's a parallel thread for this over at NintendoAge too with all the same problems. No matter how clean you get the games, something is up with the core of the thing and for a few people games like MMX2 and 3 will work, and for others they won't, and for most people Yoshi won't work or does for a few moments and crawls to a deathly stop. The speaker issue is mentioned, and that the screen is nicer too. I've never seen the complaint about Gaia but as you said cleaning helped. A huge issue with it still (and Supaboy) is the lousy D-Pad molding causing it to detect multiple direction presses at one time causing bizarre behaviors.

I was going to ditch the supaboy v2 for this thing, but the horror stories kept lining up on top of general shoddy build quality so I didn't. I also went the extra mile and fixed my d-pad so it does work right out of frustration as I really didn't want to open it up.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lookng at getting version 2.0

any problems with FF3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a very real chance your save will get eaten at some point, but that's an issue with any game that saves data.