Thread: January 2012 Finds!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

The flea market sucked Sunday (bad day to go but I had to bring some stuff to my uncle). I did make $65 though, which surprised me considering the flea market was the least crowded I've ever experienced. You know it's a slow day when the only gaming item you spot is a loose PS1, which the person wants $10 for.

@The 1 2 P - Where do you get those penny strategy guides at? The cheapest I can ever find them for is $0.50-$1.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

V/A: Lost in Translation
    Blake Babies: Sunburn
    Sammy Serious: Last Stop O.P Hotel
    V/A: Tower Records 1999 Sampler: No Music No Life!
    BUGJuice spring / summer 1999 sampler

All $1 each. Those last three were found in a box filled to the brim with promotional versions of CDs and singles. There wasn't much of anything else in there that interested me. No, the good stuff was in other places...

Resident Evil (jewel case version) was $3. The back inlay is a bit warped but the game is serviceable.

The games? Well they seems to be Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2 on cart. There's this seller that has told me about Famicom carts for weeks... and he finally brought them last week. Unfortunately for me, I didn't go to the flea market last week so I missed out on a ton of stuff. The guy still had a bunch of decent games, but I couldn't tell if some were originals or not. They seemed legit, but some had a sticker with Chinese writing on it, possibly an importer's label. The games included Gegege No Kitaro, Super Dodge Ball, Raid on Bungeling Bay, Spy Vs Spy, Rygar (Argos No Senshi), Wild Gunman, and a few carts that were definitely bootlegs (Tantou Corporetion?)... Anyway, those were $2 each. I told him I'd come back later once I did my rounds, and when I did so, a guy was already looking at the games. He took -everything- I left behind. I just said, "I'm okay with that. I took the Mario games." :P

Now to fish out my NES and a converter so I can try them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    @The 1 2 P - Where do you get those penny strategy guides at? The cheapest I can ever find them for is $0.50-$1.
    Best Buy and Gamestop but mostly Best Buy. Every now and then I'll hit up a yard sale or import store thats selling them for a dollar or less but I grab as many as I can for a penny and then start selling them for $5 each, which is typically $15 less for what they sell for in stores new in the same condition. RPG strategy guides are an absolute must as they always sell like they are a new form of crack. If you ever see any of them for $3 or less grab them while you can.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wonder what SMB2(J) hack is it

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All brand new and $5.99 each at Goodwill.

I couldn't possibly justify buying the other 13 shrinkwrapped copies they had, but they're at the Goodwill at 2813 Artesia if anyone in the Redondo Beach area is interested...

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Well, it's been a couple weeks since I posted a find. Been sick as a dog, and if I take a pic, it's been to sell it lately. But this little guy got my sick ass off the couch...

$30. It's gonna be a long night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post

All brand new and $5.99 each at Goodwill.

I couldn't possibly justify buying the other 13 shrinkwrapped copies they had, but they're at the Goodwill at 2813 Artesia if anyone in the Redondo Beach area is interested...
    My Goodwill had something similiar last month. They had 5 factory sealed copies of Gran Turismo 3 and 8 factory sealed copies of Yanya Caballista all for the PS2. After doing alittle homework on them I decided to not pick any of them up as they didn't even seem worth the $3 price they were asking. Today they had a factory sealed Madden game for PS1 but again it wasn't really worth it for me to pick up.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale View Post
    Well, it's been a couple weeks since I posted a find. Been sick as a dog, and if I take a pic, it's been to sell it lately. But this little guy got my sick ass off the couch...

$30. It's gonna be a long night.
    sunofabitch! that's badass. wish I had that find and the all night to put it together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Thanks! Since I've been sick, no thrift runs lately, or in the near future. So this guy is my week's find, probably. An evening to put it together, and then...

Shipped to (?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Thanks! Since I've been sick, no thrift runs lately, or in the near future. So this guy is my week's find, probably. An evening to put it together, and then...

Shipped to (?)
    Would go nice with my star destroyer that I've never had a chance to build. Stoopid kids wanting to actually play with my legos. They're 'models' damnit!

My son would be absolutely shocked if he knew about all the lego trains and city stuff my wife has and lego SW stuff I have in the basement. He is fully capable of putting any of it together (pretty good for age 5), but he likes to modify stuff once he builds it the right way, and it all gets jumbled with the regular legos. Not that it isn't great that he's creative with legos, but I don't need my Milleneum Falcon scrapped for parts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

I'm gonna start hitting the thrifts and Goodwill Outlets again next week. They should be getting in their "last of the year" crop in, as people donated before New Years on get the tax write-off. Stuff will be getting good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Would go nice with my star destroyer that I've never had a chance to build. Stoopid kids wanting to actually play with my legos. They're 'models' damnit!

My son would be absolutely shocked if he knew about all the lego trains and city stuff my wife has and lego SW stuff I have in the basement. He is fully capable of putting any of it together (pretty good for age 5), but he likes to modify stuff once he builds it the right way, and it all gets jumbled with the regular legos. Not that it isn't great that he's creative with legos, but I don't need my Milleneum Falcon scrapped for parts.
    This is too much! My son's only 3, so Duplos cut the mustard still. Cause daddy don't show him Legos proper
    And man, I'm right there with you watching the stuff get used as toys (like they were intended, but still!). My nephew came over a couple months back, and he found my Ebay room. Great fun ensued. My lot of 20+ G1 Transformers became a lot of 15ish Transformers. Still find em every now and again. I now have locks on my Ebay room.
    You got the bad-ass Star Destroyer? Or the Uber-bad-ass Super Star Destroyer?

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Hey guys, how about some BLACKFACE?

Well, okay. It's Al Jolson. And I know, the times were different and all that. Still, I never expected to see an album with him in that ghastly makeup... ever.

The other item is a two CD set called "Death Match". The first CD contains a truckload of Doom WAD files, some editors, and I think some trainers. I haven't checked out the second CD yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it had more Doom stuff, or maybe Duke Nukem.
    Ah Al Jolson. His musical career is a tricky one. The reason you see his image pop up so much with blackface in tact is because that was his monicker of sorts. He was a minstrel performer and made many of his hits "Swanee" and "My Mamee" famous through blackface performances. I actually have a few of his records that have similar images. I do agree that it is surprising to see it blatantly shown on a cd, but the recent re-release of The Jazz Singer is not much better, because deep down inside we all know what is going on behind that shadow:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CIMBEPICMAA
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to GS yesterday trying to use some gift money. Didn't find anything I really wanted, so I ended up getting the following for $1-2 each (depending on the current exchange rate):

Battle of the Bands/New (Wii)
    Madworld (Wii)
    Perfect Dark Zero (360)
    Vampire Night (PS2)

The movies were just random pickups from another store.
    Denmark: Home of The Little Mermaid and heavy sarcasm.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post

V/A: Lost in Translation
    Blake Babies: Sunburn
    Sammy Serious: Last Stop O.P Hotel
    V/A: Tower Records 1999 Sampler: No Music No Life!
    BUGJuice spring / summer 1999 sampler

All $1 each. Those last three were found in a box filled to the brim with promotional versions of CDs and singles. There wasn't much of anything else in there that interested me. No, the good stuff was in other places...

Resident Evil (jewel case version) was $3. The back inlay is a bit warped but the game is serviceable.

The games? Well they seems to be Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2 on cart. There's this seller that has told me about Famicom carts for weeks... and he finally brought them last week. Unfortunately for me, I didn't go to the flea market last week so I missed out on a ton of stuff. The guy still had a bunch of decent games, but I couldn't tell if some were originals or not. They seemed legit, but some had a sticker with Chinese writing on it, possibly an importer's label. The games included Gegege No Kitaro, Super Dodge Ball, Raid on Bungeling Bay, Spy Vs Spy, Rygar (Argos No Senshi), Wild Gunman, and a few carts that were definitely bootlegs (Tantou Corporetion?)... Anyway, those were $2 each. I told him I'd come back later once I did my rounds, and when I did so, a guy was already looking at the games. He took -everything- I left behind. I just said, "I'm okay with that. I took the Mario games." :P

Now to fish out my NES and a converter so I can try them out.
    if the famicom cart is the hacked doki doki i'd be interested if it's for sale sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

One of the Secret of Mana carts I pulled from a pawn shop in Arkansas. The other one and all the other games including a CIB Mario Party for N64 I got from a thrift store in Hutchinson, Kansas called "Mom's Attic" I left alot of good stuff there I already had in my collection.

Last edited by Gooch3008; 01-05-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: adding second photo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This is too much! My son's only 3, so Duplos cut the mustard still. Cause daddy don't show him Legos proper
    And man, I'm right there with you watching the stuff get used as toys (like they were intended, but still!). My nephew came over a couple months back, and he found my Ebay room. Great fun ensued. My lot of 20+ G1 Transformers became a lot of 15ish Transformers. Still find em every now and again. I now have locks on my Ebay room.
    You got the bad-ass Star Destroyer? Or the Uber-bad-ass Super Star Destroyer?
    'Just' have the Star Destroyer. I don't think the Super one existed when I got it, and it was my wife that got it for me shortly before we had kid #1. They were on sale new for half off at the lego store.

And so I'm a little on topic, a few days ago I found a 3ds Lego Pirates at Goodwill for 6.99. Target return. Had to take it by GS to test it, but it works fine.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 01-05-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I've been on a find-posting hiatus for quite a while. That changes today!

I sold three PS2 network adapters on eBay and bought the Shadows soundtrack back in September. It has Yamaoka's signature on the front! Warioware came from 2nd & Charles for $8 back in October.

My only November find. I drove an hour to the Cullman flea, and found this loose cart at a regular's booth. The family who owned it has a little game shop in the same town. Their stuff is always hideously over-priced, especially anything with Mario on the front. I asked the price on this one, totally expecting $100 or so. Nope! The owner wanted $7. I left a happy camper that day!

December was a bigger month. Drill Dozer was factory sealed for $5.77 with shipping from eBay, and Aria of Sorrow was $17.50-flat with free shipping from a different seller. (It's used, but the seal is still covering the box. I left it there.) I stopped by Gamestop to grab the Aliens versus Predator 360 game for my brother, only to spot Kuon sitting on the counter with other games that had just been traded in. I bought the (unpictured) AVP game, got Kuon for $4.99, and God of War for free. Neither have their manuals. Rayman 3 was $2.99 from Zone-1 in Helena.

First game purchase of 2012! I took a $5-off coupon to Gamestop and got this game for $4.46 with tax. Not a bad start.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Today sucked; the local thrift store isn't even close to getting the last second donations on the floor yet. Did pick up a Linksys router for $2.50 and a copy of Flight Simulator X (Deluxe Edition) for $3.50. Made the trip worthwhile at least.

I was going to go to some others but they close early today. Will go tomorrow and hope I can find some good stuff.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

9 more NES commons that came to 20 bucks. Can't really complain at that price.