Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post

December was a bigger month. Drill Dozer was factory sealed for $5.77 with shipping from eBay, and Aria of Sorrow was $17.50-flat with free shipping from a different seller. (It's used, but the seal is still covering the box. I left it there.) I stopped by Gamestop to grab the Aliens versus Predator 360 game for my brother, only to spot Kuon sitting on the counter with other games that had just been traded in. I bought the (unpictured) AVP game, got Kuon for $4.99, and God of War for free. Neither have their manuals. Rayman 3 was $2.99 from Zone-1 in Helena.
    Very jealous of that Kuon, i've been trying to find one at gamestop forever! good find. It's also funny that you got 3rd birthday because I was that close to picking it up at gamestop the other day. Instead I got Half Minute Hero because ive heard good things about it, and for no reason whatsoever i bought Rengoku II (the back made it look decent enough). I also got a copy of Life-Line for my PS2 horror collection, and I FINALLY got a complete black label copy of FFVII thanks to a trade with buzz_n64. I had a copy but it was missing the manual and some discs were greatest hits. Thanks buzz_n64!
    Last edited by Junkyrdsalesman; 01-05-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I actually have some Lego finds of my own (as well as video games). A few days ago I picked up the Red Cargo Train from TRU. The box was smashed in on one side but wasn't opened. It had been marked down twice as damaged product and then it was 20% off all clearance so it ended up being about $55.00 out the door. Inside everything was fine outside of one of the bags being broken open but everything was in the box.

A couple days later I was poking around craigslist and saw a posting for the Red Passenger Train for $70.00. The listing said that their son built it, played with it for a couple days and then it went back in the box. I quickly checked it out and figured for the parts and another motor / receiver / battery box / remote setup I couldn't go wrong. It only came with the booklet for the powered locomotive and it's missing some of the stickers but that's no big deal. Upon inspection the set was missing eight or so pieces, stuff that would come off during normal play for a kid, and a couple pieces atop the dummy locomotive rear bogie they probably missed when building it. It was also missing two of the minifigs. Since a couple of the parts are fairly unique I went online to Lego support and filled out a missing parts ticket for them. The parts shipped out yesterday and I wasn't even charged (I would have paid for the parts if they could be ordered from pick a brick but they're too custom). So for about $125 I got two complete Lego train sets with power functions.

Aside from that, Nazo Makaimura: Incredible Toons for the Saturn for my girlfriend. It's The Incredible Toon Machine skinned with a Ghosts 'n Goblins / Makaimura motif.

Last I hit up my old flea market when I was visiting my parents. Not a whole lot there but I did find a few things including talking with a vendor I haven't seen in years.

Horrible dub of the first half of Sailor Moon R on VHS - $0.50 a tape... and yes, this is the worst English dubbed Sailor Moon anything. With the exception of Susan Roman as Sailor Jupiter / Makoto Kino, as usual.

Blade Runner for the PC - $5.00.

N64 - Star Wars Rogue Squadron
    N64 - WaveRace 64
    GB - Boxxle

$10.00 total for the three of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lois & Clark season 3 dvd $8.32
    Lois & Clark season 4 dvd $8.32
    UFC Personal Trainer(360) $25
    Death Smiles: Limited Edition(360) $20
    Uncharted Dual Pack(PS3) x2 $16.66 each
    Hoshigami: Ruing Blue Earth(PS1) $3
    Legend of Dragoon(PS1) $3

I was trying to use my gift card to make UFC: Personal Trainer $15 but it works in such a way that it discounts everything individually instead of just stating "minus $15" at the end. Anyway, PT is going to be my version of a home gym for awhile and I need to start using my kinect more as well. I couldn't pass on Lois & Clark since those were the only two seasons I needed and they are rarely ever discounted anywhere despite that series being more than a decade old.

I was surprised that no one else bid on that Death Smiles game since it ended on Sunday night. I almost bought a copy at an import store last week for the regular $49.99 it sells for. Patience worked in my favor this time. But that box is much smaller than I thought. It's a wonder anything can fit in there. I grabbed two of the Uncharted bundles because I had to drive all over to find them so I decided to make it worth my while. I really only needed Uncharted 1 but for that price it's hard to turn Uncharted 2 down. The PS1 games were from Goodwill and while they atleast have all their disc, unfortunately they are both missing their manuals. Hopefully that doesn't hurt their resale value too much.

Ghost Rider....er, Writer book 60 cents
    Windows Live One Care free
    Secret Codes For Consoles & Handhelds 2007 50 cents
    Playboy January/February issue
    The Crow: The Lazarus Heart novel 60 cents
    Splinter Cell: Check Mate novel 50 cents
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel: Monster Island novel 60 cents
    Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda novel 60 cents
    The Skull Queen Figure $3

I've been looking for that Playboy issue for two weeks but every Barnes & Noble, 7-11 and Royal Farm store within 50 miles(atleast) has been sold out. So I remembered this very quaint low key store called the News Center that mostly sells greeting cards but also sells newspapers and magazines. This place is so far under the radar that I didn't even know they were still open. I haven't been there in atleast 10 years and I'm surprised they managed to survive the recession. But lo and behold they had several copies and informed me they have had them in for weeks. So much for Barnes & Noble being ahead of the game.

All the other books were bought from either Goodwill or a thrift store I visit. SC: Operation Barracuda was the last one in the series I needed for a complete set. I was originally just selling them but I think now I'm going to go and read them all first. The Windows Live One Care had no disc inside of it. This was at a Goodwill in the city and this store hasn't had the forsight to take disc like that out first. Whats even more sad/pathetic is that whoever stole the disc can't even use it because the activation key is on the inside of the case that I now own. When I went up to the register and told the women the disc was gone she just sighed and threw it in the trash. I asked her if she minded if I kept it in case I ever found a disc for it and she said ok. I definitely wouldn't have minded paying $10 for it but there will always be people who don't want to pay anything.

I only picked up the Skull Queen figure because she looks alot like the Locust Queen from the Gears of War games. Well that and the fact that she was only $3. McFarlane does such an awesome job with their action figure designs.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-05-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyrdsalesman View Post
    Instead I got Half Minute Hero because ive heard good things about it, and for no reason whatsoever i bought Rengoku II (the back made it look decent enough).
    I've been looking to grab Half-Minute Hero myself, and I probably would have that day if I hadn't forgot about it.

As for Kuon, keep looking. Have you tried using Gamestop's search function?
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    I've been looking to grab Half-Minute Hero myself, and I probably would have that day if I hadn't forgot about it.

As for Kuon, keep looking. Have you tried using Gamestop's search function?
    yep, none within 200 mi. Oh well, it's not THAT rare, I'll come across a copy eventually I started Half Minute Hero and even though I'm only any hour in I can say it's a whole lotta fun.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    All the other books were bought from either Goodwill or a thrift store I visit. SC: Operation Barracuda was the last one in the series I needed for a complete set. I was originally just selling them but I think now I'm going to go and read them all first. The Windows Live One Care had no disc inside of it. This was at a Goodwill in the city and this store hasn't had the forsight to take disc like that out first. Whats even more sad/pathetic is that whoever stole the disc can't even use it because the activation key is on the inside of the case that I now own. When I went up to the register and told the women the disc was gone she just sighed and threw it in the trash. I asked her if she minded if I kept it in case I ever found a disc for it and she said ok. I definitely wouldn't have minded paying $10 for it but there will always be people who don't want to pay anything.
    ... you should know that Windows One Care has been discontinued for years. Microsoft Security Essentials was its replacement, and it's free to -everyone-. That thing doesn't even work on Windows 7.

Also, uh. That Playboy thing. I'm not even sure what's so special about it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lindsey Lohan naked. If I'm not mistaken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    ... you should know that Windows One Care has been discontinued for years. Microsoft Security Essentials was its replacement, and it's free to -everyone-. That thing doesn't even work on Windows 7.
    So that dude stole something he could have gotten for free? Well atleast I saved $10

Also, uh. That Playboy thing. I'm not even sure what's so special about it...
    It features a naked Lilo. Back in December these were selling for $60-$100 on ebay. But now they've come back down to $10-$25.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

It features a naked Lilo. Back in December these were selling for $60-$100 on ebay. But now they've come back down to $10-$25.
    Whaaaaaaa? My local 7/11 has had that issue for a while now. I noticed it one day while eating something there.

... also, who wants to pay money to see her naked? What's so special about her? Egh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whaaaaaaa? My local 7/11 has had that issue for a while now. I noticed it one day while eating something there.
    You could have made a pretty decent amount of money if you had known about it.

... also, who wants to pay money to see her naked?
    Apparently alot of people. Otherwise all the places I mentioned wouldn't have been sold out over the last two weeks and still to this day are.

What's so special about her? Egh.
    She has a vag *shrugs*
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

What's so special about her? Egh.

She has a vag *shrugs*
    Quoted so I can read it and laugh in stereo

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lindsey Lohan used to be seriously hot. I don't understand the desire to see her naked now but a good ... five years ago? Has it been longer? and I'd have been first in line for that Playboy. Doesn't make any sense these days since she's looking more and more like a tired crack whore (wonder why?), and considering she doesn't even look like herself in those photos it's doubly useless.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New egg has had the DS LE 360 on sale at lead twice recently, I bought it 12/9 for $14.99 shipped and it was on sale again on the 2nd.
    spoofee.com tends to show some of the VG sales.
    http://www.spoofee.com/index.php?dealday=2012-01-03
    scroll down to 1/2
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I was surprised that no one else bid on that Death Smiles game since it ended on Sunday night. I almost bought a copy at an import store last week for the regular $49.99 it sells for. Patience worked in my favor this time. But that box is much smaller than I thought. It's a wonder anything can fit in there.
    Deathsmiles LE is $15 at Newegg right now. Not trying to be a downer, but thought I'd mention if you want to save the $5 or do the whole sealed thing. I picked it up and don't even own a 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    So for about $125 I got two complete Lego train sets with power functions.
    Nice! Those fetch some money.
    My Death Star is missing all kinds of pieces
    Gonna sell it to my 'board game guy', as he has piles of bricks and whatnot. Hope he can complete it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I have the week off work and really wanted to go out hunting, but the thrifts haven't had jack squat. The only time I find stuff is at game stores, so I decided to go on an incredibly long road trip across northeast Texas. I hit six different GameXchange stores, a flea market, and two or three thrift stores. Didn't find anything worth the effort in most of those places, but a few GameXchange locations had stuff.

The Atari games were $1.95 each (buy 3 get 1 free), the Radio Shack joystick ($4.95) is the kind that has a switch on the bottom so you can use it on Atari/Commodore consoles, MSX computers, Amstrad computers, and the Sega Master System. The Epyx 500XJ sticks have an Atari compatible plug and two buttons (with autofire switch), so I'm assuming they're for the SMS also (I think I might try and convert one for the Atari 7800). Power Stone 2 was $9.95, and the two other games? Dreamcast homebrews, Cool Herders and Maqiupai. $5.95 each.

Somebody on here mentioned that they would love to get a SNES Mini console. Pretty much every location of GameXchange I went to had at least two, and one or two NES toploaders. I love those stores, although the nearest ones to me tend not to have that much. I went down to the Waxahachie, TX location, then across to Palestine, Lufkin, Nacogdoches, up to Longview, and then over to Tyler. I spent about 13 hours on the road! I love a good road trip, but this one really ground me down. And I really went out of my way to hit the Lufkin store, even though the other time I've been there they didn't have anything, and this time... they still didn't have anything. I really hated driving out so far and not finding something. I don't think I'm going to make a trip like this for a long time, maybe ever again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I
    Nice find on the Atari carts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evg2000 View Post
    New egg has had the DS LE 360 on sale at lead twice recently, I bought it 12/9 for $14.99 shipped and it was on sale again on the 2nd.
    spoofee.com tends to show some of the VG sales.
    http://www.spoofee.com/index.php?dealday=2012-01-03
    scroll down to 1/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Deathsmiles LE is $15 at Newegg right now. Not trying to be a downer, but thought I'd mention if you want to save the $5 or do the whole sealed thing. I picked it up and don't even own a 360.
    Thanks fellas but mine was $20 factory sealed with $3 shipping. I'm not going to complain about that because the import stores around here that sell it still have it at $49.99. At $25 or cheaper it's a damn good deal although the faceplate is pretty useless now.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

My finds for today

-Jeanne D'Arc ~ $12.99 (Brand New)
    -Star Ocean: Second Evolution ~ $12.99 (Brand New)
    -Donkey Kong Land 3 ~ .50 cents (Mint condition)

The two PSP games were found in the bargain bins at my local Kmart while stocking up on school supplies and the Game Boy game was found at a nearby goodwill store ^_^

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

While I was out today I hit a few thrifts, all I found was a couple of Pelican Xbox controllers (whoever stapled the baggie shut with the price tag attached put the staple through one of the cables, so I don't know yet if one of them still works) for $4.94, and an Entex Poker handheld (I now have three!) for $1.98.