Thread: What game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2012 PLEASE CLOSE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On a friend's PS3:
    Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS3: Uncharted
    360: Battlefield 3
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Legend of Zelda (NES)

I started with the rather lofty goal of getting through the entire second quest in one sitting. I realistically made it to level 4 before I decided to save and quit. Some of the dungeons are hard to navigate even with the assistance of Nintendo Power! I got the fourth piece of the Triforce, but neglected to get the raft because I was out of bombs and that was the only way to fight the creatures in the room leading to it! I decided I could always go back another time and get it before I ventured forward to level 5.
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS3: Demon's Souls. Second playthrough. Going for all the trophies. ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Legend of Zelda (NES)

I picked up where I left off from yesterday. My first order of business was to get the raft that I left behind in level 4. I do not like the maps with the pathways you have to take to get to certain spots. I found myself getting lost at first until I studied the map in the NES Game Atlas to get a better idea of what I was doing. Levels 5 and 6 were not too hard to navigate and I got through them without much trouble. I did not have enough rupees in level 7 and had to sacrifice one of my hearts to continue. The dungeon had a few twists I had to get through but otherwise was okay. Level 8 gave me fits. Even with as many hearts as possible (minus one from level 7) and the magical sword I was going insane. Those red bubbles would touch me and I would not be able to use my sword unless I found a blue bubble to get my sword back. I gave up on the atlas and looked at a more detailed map online to find the magical wand. At least then I wasn't defenseless! I was looking for the magical key but (ironically) I ran out of keys much needed to access the area to get to the magical key. I fought my way to the triforce piece and restarted the dungeon using the online map. I was finally able to find the magical key and got out of there. The only level left to tackle is level 9! I may try to play through some more tonight or I may wait. Depends on the mood...

Update: I was in the mood....I managed to get lost in level 9 but finally managed to persevere....I beat it!
    Last edited by starchildskiss78; 06-10-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just played the Batman: Arkham City demo. Beyond that I'm still playing thru Uncharted on PS3 and Battlefield 3 on 360.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Frogger Returns (Wii)
    Space Armada (Intellivision)
    D2K (Intellivision)
    Centipede (INTV)
    Splatterhouse (360)
    Raiden IV (360)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally overcame Viriax yesterday. That dang stomach level was killing me for a while, but once I was able to step back and remember to plan my jumps carefully, I was able to get through it and the remaining levels were a breeze. I don't know if anyone else here plays Locomalito's games (http://www.locomalito.com/) but I highly recommend them to retro-gamers because they're of high quality and they're FREE (he'll accept donations, if you like).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mega Man X4 with Zero (PS1) - I just beat the spider and the walrus..

X-Com: UFO Defense - veteran difficulty - (PS1) -- I am at the point where the tide is turning in my favor. I make my pts. quota just by downing supply ships heading to alien bases. I really need a sectoid leader now, so I can get the psi-lab. I want to test the theory that Russia never signs a pact with the aliens, as all the other countries eventually do (no matter how well you are doing). It is basically confirmed on the PC version that Russia never defects, but no one has answered this question for the PS1 version, that I have found.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Genesis
    Wounderboy in Monster World
    Keio Flying squadron

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Dead Island.. 3 days in probably a days worth of hours already half way through the game....

Gonna give you guys a review on it when i am done. This game sadly has alot i am gonna rant about so be ready for the punches.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still digging through the games I got with the Humble Indie Bundle.

Super Meat Boy is quite good, although the "greasy" controls can be very frustrating at times and the crass, nostalgic humor often leaves me cold.

Braid is a pretty interesting game so far. Some of that prose in between the levels, though, is painful to read and I mean that in a "this is just poorly written" kind of way, not in the "my soul cries out" way that was intended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xbox:
    MX Unleashed

Tried it out a bit and it's a pretty solid motocross game, well worth the buck I paid for my copy. Not much else to say here.

PS2:
    GTA: Vice City

Mostly drove around, re-exploring the city and listening to all of my favorite radio stations. Here's the most unique vehicle I have parked in a garage: a Taxi that spawned without its roof light. During my first playthrough several years ago, I was fooling around in the downtown area and a group of Taxis stopped at a red light. The others had their roof lights. I instantly stole this taxi and parked it in the nearest garage (and I'm glad to say that doing so didn't mess up my game, and nothing weird has happened while driving it around, either). I've heard that this glitch can actually be somewhat common, but I've played through the game twice and have yet to see another one.

Last edited by DigitalSpace; 06-18-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spent a little more time with GTA: Vice City on my PS2.

Here's a car you can only get at Sunshine Autos (after completing the first list for the import garage) - the Deluxo.

Last edited by DigitalSpace; 06-22-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today:

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)

When I had beaten The Legend of Zelda, I mentioned I may start playing the second NES title in my quest to play/beat all the Legend of Zelda games. I grabbed my NES Game Atlas and popped the cartridge in my NES. I had played before and was not too impressed, but decided to give it a second chance. The NES Game Atlas directed me to some patch of woods (labeled as the second location after the palace you start at) where I was hit by a bat and lost my ability to shoot from my sword. I frantically stabbed at him but kept missing and eventually died. I tried to traverse the landscape and even made it to the closest town, but lost interest soon after. I don't dislike the game because it is a departure from the first NES title. I think the reason I dislike it is for the mix of adventure and RPG elements. I was not a big fan of RPGs growing up. I played Final Fantasy (NES) to death but mainly because I had the guide to it and Dragon Warrior came free with my subscription renewal to Nintendo Power. (The only time I got upset about the game was when a friend accidentally deleted the save I had that took me FOREVER to get to wherever I was!)

I popped in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES) and enjoyed beating up on the Foot Clan soldiers (at least until I got to Bebop and lost my last life) and marveled at the fact I loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so much when the first movie came out (and of course the arcade game) that I made the game a must buy. I rented the first one not realizing at the time it had NOTHING to do with the arcade game until Nintendo Power revealed the sequel! I still enjoy the diversion it creates from time to time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On my GBA SP:
    Wario Land 4

Wario Land 4 was one of my recent thrift finds, and it was nice to get it off of the want list. I have to say that this is one of the best GBA games I've played.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 06-24-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm still playing X-com: UFO Defense on PS1. I think I might be getting a little screen burn-in from it though.. Or maybe I'm just paranoid and those vertical black stripes are all in my head!

I'm down to 6 of 16 funding countries left, trying to test the theory that Russia never signs a deal with the aliens.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been playing the hell out of Diablo III. Our little 3-man team worked our way through Normal difficulty finally. Currently back to playing WoW since there's a holiday event going on. Picked up Lego Batman 2 (DS) and Pokemon Conquest (DS) and will give them a whirl sooner or later.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I've been playing...

M.U.L.E. on PlanetMule.com

I am interning with a video game company who is working on bringing M.U.L.E. to 3D across several devices and OS's. I'm still learning the mechanics of the game but I enjoy it.

wrathofawesomeness if you play or want to join and play!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Been playing the hell out of Diablo III. Our little 3-man team worked our way through Normal difficulty finally. Currently back to playing WoW since there's a holiday event going on. Picked up Lego Batman 2 (DS) and Pokemon Conquest (DS) and will give them a whirl sooner or later.
    Let us know what you think of LEGO Batman 2 & Pokemon Conquest. My husband and I are both interested in getting them. Glad to see you've got them! Let us know if you don't mind.

Thanks!