Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: What game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2012 PLEASE CLOSE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic on XBox, Gunstringer and MW3 on 360 and Mortal Kombat II on GBA.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Still not playing a whole lot since I'm pretty busy, but I have been reading plenty of Nintendo Power. I'm up to issue 49, so I decided to take a crack at B.O.B. on Super Nintendo as I read the coverage on it. It seemed pretty lame from past experience, but having played it more now, I'd say it's more middle of the road. Not particularly bad, not particularly good. Pretty challenging, though, even just a few stages in. Typical American game design of this era. A lot of cheap shots and deaths that you just have to eat since there's no opportunity to react, so there's a lot of memorization involved, although even that doesn't always help because the response time is kind of slow. I wish this game provided passwords a little more often rather than one every three stages. Some nice little touches in terms of animation, but the music blows and is repeated way too much. The overall visual style is getting way too repetitive also, but hopefully that'll change. I'm up to stage 10 so far. At least there's a little bit of variety to the gameplay. In the 9 stages I've completed, one was a boss and another was racing around in some kind of ship.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm playing B.O.B. on Super Nintendo intermittently, but I'm up to... stage 15, I think? I beat the second boss, which was the last of the first world (with three worlds in total, I believe). It's kind of troubling that I had to get through four stages to get my last password (five if you count stage 14, which was basically just a cinematic sequence). I hope there won't be much more of that, and I definitely hope they won't bump it even further.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Switching between FFIX and Axelay.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Battletoads for the NES... Man is that game hard!

I didn't get to post this before, but a few weeks ago I went to the arcade about a half hour from where I live and played 40+ games from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. This was a HUGE deal for me as I am only 14 years old now, so I never really got to play at an arcade before. Now I know what it was like for kids back then... Man I wish I was born earlier! And even better than that, my dad knows how much I love retro video games so he promised to take me there once a month! And this weekend, on Saturday, it will have been a month which means I can go kick it old skool once again! And even better than that, I'm allowed to bring my 2 best friends which I have progressively turned into retro gamers too, and appreciate retro games as much as me! Man, life is good!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Chipping away at B.O.B. on Super Nintendo. I'm on the 10th stage of the third/final world. I'm a little intimidated by this world, since the game was already fairly challenging and everybody seems to say that the game REALLY goes crazy with the last world. It's definitely been kicking my butt and took a good deal of practice just to clear what I have. I must be getting pretty close to the end, though, so we'll see if it goes even nuttier yet.

I also had some fun trying out recent acquisitions. I tried out Yoshi, BurgerTime, Solar Jetman, Shadow of the Ninja, and Kung-Fu Heroes on NES, Uniracers and Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! on SNES, and Iggy's Reckin' Balls on N64. Some pretty decent games among those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been playing lots of the Gunstringer lately. I also checked out the demos for Mass Effect 3 and have been going back to the Gotham City Imposters demo. I even played Mortal Kombat II on my GBA SP. I was close to beating it but the last boss is cheap as hell.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I'm finally playing through Suikoden IV for the first time. It starts out looking not so promising, then it gets better once you break away from the early settings of the game and start gathering characters.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

After spending 3 weeks playing Etrian Odyssey III (I'm about half-way through the game), I played a bit of Super Mario 3D Land (mostly getting of the golden coins I've missed previously) before switching this morning to Ocarina of Time 3D, where I'm in the Water Temple. Even with the useful help of the touch screen to put on and remove the steel boots, it's still not an easy temple to get through. Anyway, I'm not giving in and I will eventually finally finish OoT.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing Tales of Hearts off and on for the past few weeks. I'm about halfway through now, and I really love it despite my lack of Japanese language comprehension.

So far I've only needed to use guides for the Soma Evolve system, and the Heal Stone options. The rest I figured out through trial and error.

It a pity that Namco never localized this title, it really is one of the best portable Tales games. Oh well, if the speculation/rumors about Hearts getting a Vita remake are true, maybe we will eventually see it in English.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Recently finished Neutopia on TG-16. Was very surprised how it stuck its claws in me and kept me playing to finish when I initially thought of it as a poor Zelda clone.

Fiddled around with the Mass Effect 3 demo along with demos for a variety of games on XBL (yeah, they were so good I forgot their titles...oy).

Before work yesterday I dipped my toes into the pool of Mystic Defender for Genesis. And speaking of pools, lately my daughter wants to "play" a game so I pop in Super Mario 64 and swim in the pond by the castle as she says"Get the fish! Get the fish!" as she flails on the NES controller I handed her.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SirPsycho's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a bit behind on my modern RPGs so I've started playing through some Blue Dragon on my 360. I've had the game for months and its finally time to play it.

*2 hours later*

I can find items in monster poo? WTF Gooch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hot Shots Golf - PS Vita
    COD Modern Warfare 3 - Xbox 360
    Breath Of Fire - DS Lite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm halfway thru Alan Wake: American Nightmare. It's short but thats to be expected considering it's a $15 downloadable title. One change I definitely don't like are the check point lights going out immediately. I also played Castlevania: Circle of The Moon and HAL Wrestling on my GBA while waiting for my car to get serviced. HAL Wrestling is one of the cheapest wrestling games ever. The CPU will act like it's a real prowrestler and hardly ever lets you get any moves in. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to play that once again.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Insert Coin (Level 0) jordandavid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

will i be judged if I say I'm currently playing NBA Hangtime (N64) a lot? Like an unhealthy amount. The AI in that game makes it addicting. The better you play, the better they play. It makes for competitive gameplay against a computer I didn't know was possible back then.
    Just my two coins.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Ugh, I'm really annoyed with B.O.B. on Super Nintendo right now. I have the last password in the game and I can pretty reliably clear the first two stages (one's an easy race to the finish in a ship stage), but my fears have come true, as they've given me another set of four stages that must be cleared straight on three lives. The third stage is a huge pain, and it took me a ton of practice to finally clear it. I was hoping that the final boss wouldn't be too brutal, seeing as the Death boss before it went great. Took him down on the first try. I'm pretty proud of myself for that one. Nintendo Power said to have a bunch of shields in reserve for him, but I barely needed any. Well, anyway, I got to the final boss with four or five lives, no less, thanks to the 1-Ups in the stages, and he promptly made me blow through all of them in nothing flat. And that was on his first form. I've heard he has something like three or four forms. I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. He flies around the screen so fast, and the only time he stops briefly, he's usually out of reach of my shots. So he's just pounding me left and right, up and down, or I can try to dodge, but then I never get any shots in because of the stupid delayed controls. I don't get it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm about 4 hours into earthbound and having a hard time getting into it. The battle setup is way to bland.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

So crazy as I recently Sold Earthbound and B.O.B ...

Played Neo Turf Masters....MVS.,,It's been so long that sounds in the game were so new to me.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I beat B.O.B. on Super Nintendo as I posted in the Beaten in 2012 topic. I got up to the final boss without losing any lives, so I still had what ammunition/tools were leftover from the previous stages. That usually makes all the difference. When he wasn't flying around, I just stood directly under him, ate his shots (probably with a shield going), and fired my most powerful guns. That took care of the first form pretty fast, and the others weren't too terribly hard to deal with, at least not with the stuff I already had and the additional shields, health, and ammo that were appearing mid-battle.

Haven't started up my next serious effort yet, but I tried out some recent purchases. I played a tiny bit of Bratz and Jersey Devil on PlayStation, and I played some Mario Kart: Double Dash on GameCube to try out a controller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Wii/VC
    Landstalker

Genesis
    Eliminate Down