Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: What game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2012 PLEASE CLOSE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been playing the arcade mode for Alan Wake: American Nightmare since beating the campaign. And I also played some MW3 and Halo: Reach...of course.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Why am I torturing myself? I'm now playing through Bubsy on Super Nintendo, haha. Man, what a lame year for SNES games 1993 was. No wonder Nintendo was falling behind Sega. But I'm a slave to whatever is in the Nintendo Power issue I'm currently reading, so Issue 50 means I finally gotta give Bubsy a serious go. I'm up to stage 7, and I suppose I've gotten fairly used to the crappy controls. I'm just glad that this game doesn't have a huge number of stages like B.O.B. And 1994 is my light at the end of the tunnel, since that's when the SNES really started to get good again (and late '93 is around when I bought my SNES as a kid, so I'll finally be getting into childhood games soon). I'd say the majority of my SNES favorites are from right around launch (Castlevania IV, ActRaiser, etc.) and then from 1994 and on (DKC series, all the really good RPGs, etc.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Mercenary,Nebulus,Revenge Of Doh,Backlash and Beyond the ice palace (Atari St)
    Masters Of Darkness,Land Of Illusion,Lucky Dime Caper (Master Sys)

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I take it back; I'm never going to get used to these shitty controls in Bubsy on Super Nintendo, haha. The farther I get in the game, the more that the issues are just exacerbated. Man, what a turd. I can't believe there are people that actually really enjoy this game. I mean, it's not completely unplayable, but that almost makes it all the worse. If it was just impossible to deal with, it would be easy to brush off, but it's playable enough to be beatable, yet not remotely enjoyable. At best, it's just boring, like in the fairly easy early stages, and later it's aggravating, with the frequent deaths from slipping around and crap you can't even see or, in an attempt to avoid that, the constant need to grind the action to a halt by stopping and scrolling the screen forward to see what's ahead. Since the game is so lame, I decided to kind of "cheat". The game only gives a password every three stages, but there are actually passwords that go directly to each stage. If I can get up to a stage with more than the default amount of lives, then using a password to skip the busywork of repeating the previous stages isn't giving me any advantage. In fact, it's placing me at a disadvantage, but anything to reduce my time with this game, haha.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been a while since I posted what I have been playing!

Thanks to my "new" PS3 I have been playing a lot of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and Little Big Planet. I was able to get them pretty cheap at Gamestop. I also gave Flingsmash for the Wii some game time because I found it (sans controller - which I have anyway) for $9.99 at Gamestop.

I was not aware of the ability of the PS3 to play PS1 games (I don't have the instruction manual and it didn't dawn on me to look it up online). I knew the newer models (I have the 320 gb) would not play PS2 games. I popped in Namco Museum Vol. 1 just for kicks and was pleasantly surprised that it would not only play it, but gave me options to make it look better on my HDTV. I hate to say it, but the PS1 games look horrendous for the most part on the newer tv I have. The PS3 rectifies that quite well. I popped in Need For Speed 2 and III to prove my point. I may actually play them more often! I put in Lunar Silver Star Story Complete in next and ended up playing for an hour and a half before I shut it off! I have beaten the game twice since we originally got it way back in 2001 or 2002 but I still love the game.

My only issue that I have (soon to be corrected) is that I am stuck with saves on my old memory card. I found an adapter that solves that problem. It seems the Codebreaker disc I have isn't working with the PS3. It loads the "This is NOT licensed" screen but does not progress past that. Oh, well. Cheaters never win, right?
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gave my Dreamcast a run for the first time in years. Played a bit of Jet Grind Radio, and discovered I kind of suck at it. It took me a couple of tries to get through the tutorial level where you have to grab onto the back of a vehicle to go uphill.

I eventually switched over to Grandia II, and played the first 45 minutes of the game. I've already beaten the game years ago, but I just wanted to play up to one of my favorite scenes.

Ryudo and Elena have just escaped from a tower that has been corrupted by darkness. Elena is all "woe is me" and refuses to move. Ryudo responds with this humorous line: "Hey! The power of darkness isn't coming this way to tell about the neighborhood bake sale! We need to leave!"

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

Daryll I see a good future for that kid. As for me I've been boring lately as far as games go. I've been playing Forza 4 on 360, God of War 3 on PS3 and Sinistron on TurboGrafx.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been going betwen Alan Wake: American Nightmare for missing achievements and MW3 for my daily fix of gun violence. I also played a little Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic on my original Xbox.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I already posted in the Beaten in 2012 topic, but I finished Bubsy on Super Nintendo and thank goodness for that. The final boss was ridiculously stupid, but I'm glad it was just because I beat it on my first try. It basically did nothing. It floated onto the screen, I jumped and glided toward its head, and both Bubsy and the enemy basically got stuck, with the boss taking hits over and over until it was dead. All together, it took, like, 3 seconds. So now I can gladly put Bubsy to rest. I guess I can't complain, paying only $1 for the game. I suppose I got my buck's worth of entertainment laughing at how hilariously stupid Bubsy's sprite looks when he lifts his arms on the roller coaster.

Anyway, I tried out some recent NES purchases too. Played a little Total Recall, Tom & Jerry, Airwolf, Silk Worm, Adventures of DinoRiki, Legend of Kage, and Wrath of the Black Manta.

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2012

SNES Castlevania Dracula X (finally found a copy!)
    PS3 Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just polished off Super Mario Galaxy a minute ago. I've been playing the game on and off for months, and I finally decided to finish it.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

More trying out recent purchases. I played a little Elevator Action for NES, Eternal Darkness for GameCube, and Spyro the Dragon, Bushido Blade, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 for PlayStation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    More trying out recent purchases. I played a little Elevator Action for NES, Eternal Darkness for GameCube, and Spyro the Dragon, Bushido Blade, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 for PlayStation.

Elevator Action is one of my top 10 favorite games.......AWESOME!!

I have to play this game today..

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, I had fun with Elevator Action.

Anyway, for my next serious effort, I'm playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors on Super Nintendo. It's pretty tough, but also not so tough at the same time. What's really tough is trying to get each password with all 10 victims alive. It's so easy to lose someone in a split second. Sometimes, if it's only one, I can earn an additional person before the next password, but if it's 2+, I may as well reset. I could, of course, keep playing without worrying about keeping a full set of people, but I don't want to put myself in a bad situation later. I also like having the full experience of a level. So far I have a 10-victim password at level 13, but I've casually played the game up to the high teens, maybe even 20.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't remember when I started, but I'm nearing the end of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. It's a much better game than FFXIII, and it's surprisingly good for a portable title. Combat is repetitive, but varied enough as it goes on. The soundtrack stands out in a good way.

TE Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Castelvania: Dracula X - Rondo of Blood on PSP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just started playing through Clash at Demonhead on the NES. Despite the wonky hit detection and the mildly irritating way that almost all the hopping enemies who fire projectiles aim right at you the exact same way (you have to experience it to know why this feels cheap), the game's charm overcomes these small setbacks making it a really fun platformer to devote some serious time to. There is an actual story in the game, and there are notes that need to be taken as the game is non-linear with multiple paths and levels that can be revisited and further explored.

My childhood friend, Blake, gave the game to me about four years ago, so it has an extra layer of nostalgia frosting the fun, which is always a good thing.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quake (n64)
    Final Doom (psx)
    GTA San Andreas (ps2)