Xbox LIVE
    APE992

Default FS: Sega Saturn w/modchip + 100% region free

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saturn.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	4208

This is a Sega Saturn I've crafted to contain (1) modchip for the playback of games on CD-R (be it homebrew, betas, personal backups or what have you) as well as a replacement BIOS that completely ignores the region of the disc inserted. I've also cleaned and calibrated the laser ever so slightly to allow for lesser quality discs to play, though I strongly urge using Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs or MAM-A if you want to put as little stress on the laser as possible. Do you really need to burn Die Hard Trilogy more than once?

Switches work but you need to put them somewhere to flip them, personally I find switches sticking out of the side kinda ugly and I don't want to know what happens if it falls off a shelf and lands on the switch. But what about that region mod that uses the reset button?!?! Well it's nice too, but that takes just a wee bit of time and effort and butterfingers over there will need to cycle through three regions AT LEAST TWICE because getting it right. With a replacement BIOS you feed it pressed discs or CD-Rs and it'll play them. Do you worry about regions when you play music CDs and make sure it is set to the right region? No and why should you have to here?

For all intents and purposes this is a Saturn as God himself intended. The only thing that could make it better is a VCD card and RAM/save carts or maybe some Twin Sticks. Now my camera apparently is having a love affair with dust as the flash lit up every particle four times. It does NOT look that bad in person, in fact you'll find most guests cannot stop staring at it while hoping it will have their babies.

Asking price? $110 shipped.

This comes with the Sega Saturn console itself, one controller in the model 2 style (not the 3D analog controller pictured, sorry guys) as well as the requisite A/V and power cables. No games are included, no CD-Rs, no VCD card, etc. Though one brazilian bacteria and a few thousand dust mites may accidentally be shipped with the Saturn. No warranty or guarentees are given, implied or express, to these bacteria and dust mites.

Addendum:
    I am willing to do trades, however my list of current wants is short:
    3DO
    CD-I (model dependent)
    DSi XL (blue only, long story)
    Atari Jaguar
    Last edited by APE992; 01-14-2012 at 12:24 AM.
    I fix things. You name it, I'll work on it. Want something modded? Recapped?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    APE992

Bumpity bump bump!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    APE992

To the top!